vegan bodybuilding book

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Devil's Plaything » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Wow. That's nothing short of a narcissistic personality disorder I guess...
[quote="JP"]biceps are very important in strongman! With big biceps if the competition doesnt go well, at least you will look good.[/quote]
Devil's Plaything

Postby patvirt » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:18 am

Robert obviously has done a good thing getting veganism out there but unfortunately people think he's what other vegan body builders look like and the truth is him and lean and green are tiny compared to heaps of other vagan body builders.
Melbourne Vegan Strength.
patvirt

Postby VeganGraham » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:32 am

So, it's a book on veganism and weight training, written by someone who is a VF member, but is not on the veganfitness strength table. Hmmm...
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby Andrewc » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:32 am

^^^

I'm pretty sure "Keegan" on the table is Cheeke. Rumour has it that if you pass him on the table YOU get to tell HIM to have an "awesome day". How's that for incentive, huh?
Andrewc

Postby Frostfire » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:29 am

Well, given that Robert is NOT a strength athlete and instead trains for mass, definition, etc, in order to look good on stage sort of makes strength tables inconsequential ;)

I preordered his book and I look forward to reading it!

To let you know, this last weekend he paid to fly himself out to my town in order to help raise money for the local farm animal sanctuary I volunteer at by speaking at our vegan Thanksgiving dinner. He not only provided a draw for people, he advocated for veganism and for the sanctuary to a crowd of mostly meat-eaters (many vegans bring friends and family to this event and meaties soon outnumber the vegans), and he donated TONS of vegan items for the silent auction! He never asked for a dime and was wonderful to have out. He even drew in a local television station to the dinner and we were on the air that night and it was all about healthy, tasty vegan food that we served. If his one flaw is that he promotes himself (and thus promotes veganism in the process), then I feel it is no big deal! If you don't like him, fine, don't get or read his book and start promoting all those other vegan bodybuilders!

Hope to get him back for his book signing tour! :D
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby bronco » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:31 am

No doubt Robert does a load of good things promoting veganism :D . Nevertheless, I find the style of constant selfpromotion he utilizies quite annoying. Still looking forward to the book :) .
bronco
Site Admin

Postby XkillerX » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 pm

bronco wrote:No doubt Robert does a load of good things promoting veganism :D .

+1 !

Nevertheless, I find the style of constant selfpromotion he utilizies quite annoying.

+1 !

Still looking forward to the book :) .

- 1 :

Robert Cheeke wrote:-How I became sponsored and get all the free supplements I want

-How I take 50 flights a year that are all fully funded by another company

-How I created a 3,500+ member website within a niche industry

-How I will become a best-selling author by age 30 following all of the success principles I write about
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby runner » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:48 pm

let's first read his book before having all kinds of comments.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby XkillerX » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:38 pm

runner wrote:let's first read his book before having all kinds of comments.

But Runnnarrrr! How can you rrrresistttt:

Robert Cheeke wrote:I’ve created a mathematical equation for success that I write about in my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness book that is so much more than just a book about eating plants and exercising.
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby runner » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:43 pm

I know, I'm not someone who will expect to find my bible.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby npx » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:02 pm

XkillerX wrote:
Robert Cheeke wrote:I’ve created a mathematical equation for success that I write about in my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness book that is so much more than just a book about eating plants and exercising.

omg.......
We see the winners and "learn" from them, while forgetting the huge unseen cemetery of losers.
npx

Re: vegan bodybuilding book

Postby MikayP » Sat May 22, 2010 4:43 am

for me who is not interested really in the sport of bodybuilding it's a decent read.

it was nice that he advertised this forum, and other vegan sites, numerous times throughout the book
Triathlon Coaching - http://www.PortmanCoaching.com

Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/PortmanCoaching

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/MikePortman

Strava - http://app.strava.com/athletes/mike_portman
MikayP

Re:

Postby Rubber_Ritchie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:00 am

SpugFab wrote:Image

What does this mean?
Rubber Ritchie - Balloon artist/balloon modeller
Rubber_Ritchie

Postby Rubber_Ritchie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 am

I bought Robert's book and I think it's awesome! He sent me some Vega samples too :o Robert Cheeke is such an inspiration to me and so many. I'm sure there are books with more detailed writings on bodybuilding exercises but this book covers a balance of topics; diet, inspiration, training, business. We need more inspiring figures like Robert.
Rubber Ritchie - Balloon artist/balloon modeller
Rubber_Ritchie

Postby Richard » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:41 pm

The book is partly an introduction to veganism, part nutrition guide, part training guide, part introduction to the sport of bodybuilding, and part introduction to activism - but most of all I found it to be something to really motivate you and aim for your goals, sort your life out, and cut away things that hold you back. It covers various things, so it's not just pages of exercises and technique like Arnie's encyclopedia or anything like that - he writes in a way that assumes you can already get that information from anywhere else. It's more about focusing your lifestyle and getting mentally prepared, as well as having the correct information. Rob definitely is not shy to also be positive about himself and his achievements! But he also references other people and their successes too, and definitely wants other people to get noticed as vegan bodybuilders / fit vegans.
Richard

PreviousNext

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights