Supreme Master Cult - not eating is best!

Armchair politics, ethical soapbox and current affairs. Place to discuss vegan ethics and general ethics and politics. Be nice.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Supreme Master Cult - not eating is best!

Postby Johnboy74 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:01 pm

The whole thinking behind the ideology of Breatharianism is flawed, consuming food and drink occasionally isn't Breatharian. It reminds me of a movement I saw a documentary awhile back, whereby people consumed only enough food and drink for there bodies to survive, no more. The belief that only consuming enough to survive and no more puts less strain on our internal organs and in theory will mean living longer. Obviously this thinking doesn't consider the possibilities of being hit by the number 10 bus tomorrow, nevertheless the theory is quite interesting if you wish to extend mortality.
****** Vegan Atheist ******
Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.
Johnboy74

Postby xJimx » Fri May 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Johnboy74 wrote:It reminds me of a movement I saw a documentary awhile back, whereby people consumed only enough food and drink for there bodies to survive, no more. The belief that only consuming enough to survive and no more puts less strain on our internal organs and in theory will mean living longer. Obviously this thinking doesn't consider the possibilities of being hit by the number 10 bus tomorrow, nevertheless the theory is quite interesting if you wish to extend mortality.

Indeed I believe this is what's known as calorie restriction. Frankly it sounds like the kind of diet where peanut butter would be frowned upon, reason enough to distrust it.

Gelert wrote:You see, if the balance is not restored, it leads to an INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY which DESTROYS MIND and ENVIRONMENT.

F*ck yeah, where's Sushil Yadav when you need a reasoned scientific opinion?
DYEL
xJimx

Postby hardcore iv » Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 pm

"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby E-P » Fri May 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Gelert wrote:
skoptic wrote:
E-P wrote:
I think it would be a good fun to get here some stubborn breatharian!

I've been trying to argue the benefits here for weeks since the thread started .. but... too... weak ... to type...

http://forum.breatharian.info/

Notice that most threads starting along the lines of "My name is **** and today I stopped eating and started living on light...." are very short.

Had a look on the forum. Interesting to see as well that all this people are in fact "just" in few weeks without food, a week without drinks and by this they argue that it is possible to live without.
E-P

Postby Clem Snide » Thu May 20, 2010 10:21 am

^That's an interesting forum. It seems the two thing breatharians don't do is eat and use paragraphs.
Clem Snide

Postby iain_g » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Hey look people, the debate about breatharianism can draw to a close... they've got a Scientist now:
http://suprememastertv.com/bmd/?wr_id=704&page=1#v
So it must be ok.
:roll:
iain_g

Postby Rubber_Ritchie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks for the link Iain. What is it with the Supreme Master cult and breatharianism? They open restaurants and tell people the highest path is not eating?! There is something really sinister about this group. They give me the creeps.
Rubber Ritchie - Balloon artist/balloon modeller
Rubber_Ritchie

Supreme Master's wedding video

Postby Rubber_Ritchie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:09 am

I've never seen this on her tv channel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Oup32O4sw
:lol:
Rubber_Ritchie

Re: Supreme Master's wedding video

Postby Talyn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:08 am

Rubber_Ritchie wrote:I've never seen this on her tv channel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Oup32O4sw
:lol:

I don't understand the significance of this? I didn't watch it to the end, did they all sat down to a bowl of chi after the vows were exchanged?
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Rubber_Ritchie » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:59 am

The significance is that it shows her as a normal woman. She gets married and later divorced. She is not a 'Supreme Master', to be worshipped like a God. This cult give me a very creepy feeling.

They are promoting this breatharian nonsense more and more. Their latest programme is on the 'breatharian' Jasmuheen. She was exposed as a fraud years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnCuzUd4eC0
Rubber_Ritchie

Previous

Return to Ethics, Politics and Current Affairs