Neuroma in my foot

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Neuroma in my foot

Postby cafenervosa » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm

I have two nerves in the ball of my foot being pinched by the pedical bones. I can usually run for about 30min. or so before it become waaay to painful and I have to stop.

Any here have this kind of neuroma pain? How did you deal with it? Has anyone had surgery for it? I've heard everything from the good, the bad and the ugly about the surgery. But I need to do something, I refuse to let this stop me from my running.
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Re: Neuroma in my foot

Postby mabli » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey, the ball of my foot is hurting too now not sure if its the same as yours. Initially I just walked through the pain but now it really hurts even though Im not on it. Im really annoyed about it, not sure what the best thing to do is, did you get any answers?
mabli

Postby Tammy » Sun May 09, 2010 10:47 am

I have had this problem for 2 years it is a pain in the butt !!!!
Here is how I cope.
1) Massage Massage Massage... It breaks up the cartilage build up.
2) extra wide toe box for my running shoes. NB 760 D
3) ice bath after a run!!! fallowed by a massage

I hope this helps and I hope to see some more suggestions..

Tammy
Ontario Canada
Please don't litter, FIX your critter
Tammy

Postby skoptic » Sun May 09, 2010 2:48 pm

I've had this a couple of times from some heavy off road running. Fortunately it was an acute onset and so a week or so of rest (R.I.C.E) sorted it. So I'd ask if the onset was acute or chronic, and also how long you've been suffering. I appreciate that the frustration can make you just want to run (or refuse to stop!) but you might be cutting off your nose to spite your face. If you cause serious or long term damage ... How has that helped!?
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum