[quote="JP"]can only vote in local elections mate. You sure you can vote in the parliament elections?
[quote="random official website"]Who can register to vote?
* Anyone aged 16 or over (but you cannot vote until you are 18).
* British or qualifying Commonwealth citizens. This means Commonwealth citizens who have leave to remain in the UK or do not require such leave.
* Citizens of the Republic of Ireland or other European Union (EU) member states.
Who can vote?
* British, Irish and qualifying citizens of Commonwealth countries
(including Cyprus and Malta) can vote at all
* Citizens of other EU member states resident in the UK
can vote in local
government elections but cannot vote in UK Parliamentary elections.
* Those resident in Scotland or Wales may also vote in Scottish Parliamentary or National Assembly for Wales elections.
That does not stop the parties sending me election material every bloody day, though. You'd think they could check when getting my name off the list...