London and Manchester Vegan hotspots?

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby JP » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 pm

could be, havent been there in ages, but just ran into one vegan who said she went there just a while back and she didnt mention anything about them starting to sell meat?

I thought it was run by south indian hindus anyway?
JP
Site Admin

Postby Superflor » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:54 am

So I tried to hit Pogos and ended up with a blue hand from tryna open the newly painted door and was very disappointed to find it being refurbished. They sent me to some other place off Bethnal Green Road which was also closed. The next day I had better luck at 222 Veggie Vegan which was buffet with a friendly owner and the day after I hit Vitta Organic which was cool.

Was disappointed the NoSkin shop in Affleck's Palace, Manchester had closed the month before and was too late for the Earth Cafe experience but happy going to On the Eighth Day where some guy was playing live Jazz Blues on his guitar and I had a lovely stew :)

Once again thanks for your suggestions :)
Superflor

Postby Talyn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Superflor wrote:So I tried to hit Pogos and ended up with a blue hand from tryna open the newly painted door and was very disappointed to find it being refurbished.

Drat! I know they were closed for the christmas holidays but I think now they are only open from Thursday - Sunday! The slackers!

222 & vita organic are both great. Glad you had a good time!
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Hiking Fox » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:59 am

Superflor wrote:and was too late for the Earth Cafe experience

I went there yesterday and to be honest, Spike is right about them going downhill. They now close at 4pm, which is commercial suicide for a city centre place. I was there at 1.30 and the place should have been packed, but there were only about 4 tables occupied. There were only 3 cakes on offer (there used to always be 6-7), and the soup was some stupid flavour like peanut and carrot.
Hiking Fox

Postby spike » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Hiking Fox wrote:
Superflor wrote:and was too late for the Earth Cafe experience

I went there yesterday and to be honest, Spike is right about them going downhill. They now close at 4pm, which is commercial suicide for a city centre place. I was there at 1.30 and the place should have been packed, but there were only about 4 tables occupied. There were only 3 cakes on offer (there used to always be 6-7), and the soup was some stupid flavour like peanut and carrot.

I think I said that in the other thread, which I was just going to go and update about the fact Earth now closes at 4. I went there today at about 5.15 and it was closed. It's such a shame! Aye, I can;t see it lasting much longer with those opening times TBH :( I'm gonna try to get there some time during the next week though (need to research the cake and coffee quality, someone's gotta do it ;) ) and will report back in t'other thread.
spike

Postby Rochellita » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Has anyone noticed that Cafe Pop has now been replaced by a 'cupcakery'? Let's hope they'll have some vegan ones (I can wish that it'd be fully vegan but that'd just be crackpipe)
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby spike » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:53 pm

.flux wrote:Has anyone noticed that Cafe Pop has now been replaced by a 'cupcakery'? Let's hope they'll have some vegan ones (I can wish that it'd be fully vegan but that'd just be crackpipe)

ooh! I heard they were just going to extend the furniture shop downstairs. Will check it out ASAP :)
spike

Postby Superflor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Hola, Spike. Are you the person who had the unit at Affleck's Palace? I was sorry to have missed you by one month when I visited in January. Spoke to a vegan photographer who was there instead who didn't know where you'd gone to :(
Superflor

Postby spike » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Superflor wrote:Hola, Spike. Are you the person who had the unit at Affleck's Palace? I was sorry to have missed you by one month when I visited in January. Spoke to a vegan photographer who was there instead who didn't know where you'd gone to :(

Yes, that is me. The shop did not work out unfortunately. I believe the vegan photographer has moved on from Afflecks too. I still have 40 pairs of shoes to shift if you're interested ;)
spike

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Why not start up a thread about the shoes, with sizes and details? I could do with some more shoes.
Hiking Fox

Postby spike » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Hiking Fox wrote:Why not start up a thread about the shoes, with sizes and details? I could do with some more shoes.

Yes, I have been meaning to do this for some months now.... :oops:
Instead I have been wasting the sunny afternnon playing pacman which I seem to have developed a re-addiction to..... I want to be rid of them by the end of the tax year so I should get a move on really!
spike

Previous

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews