Natural analgesic

Going vegan and new vegans in need of support or information.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Natural analgesic

Postby agapetos » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:55 am

Hi,
my tooth hurts a lot, and in two days is my appointment with the dentist. I was wondering, is there a natural analgesic that I could take in the meantime, and are these analgesic in pills healthy?
Thanks
"The root of unhappiness is dissatisfaction!"
David Šili (endurance athlete) - me
agapetos

Postby purple_mog » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:57 pm

just on the option of other analgesic options you could use a little essential oil of clove dabbed on the gum area to help numb some of the pain. As to whether regular analgesics are healthy? well they serve a purpose in my view but its important not to overuse them :wink:
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mahatma Gandhi
purple_mog

Postby agapetos » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks for the advice. Today I went to a friend of mine and mentioned her about my pain in the tooth (i don't know how to say it correctly). She told me to put one piece of garlic and to hold it in the mouth by the place where it hurts. For now, it is doing it's job, but, I can't hold it for long (15 minutes tops)
"The root of unhappiness is dissatisfaction!"
David Šili (endurance athlete) - me
agapetos

Postby Herbsman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Cocaine is a natural extract of coca leaf, and has great analgesic properties. Or you could try opium.

I thought cannabis was supposed to reduce pain but it only works for certain types of pain. It did nothing for my back pain
Herbsman

Postby Gelert » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Apply a drop or two clove oil to a pad of cotton wool and place that between your cheek and the sore area. Should work. Definitely use sparingly.

Alternatively, aspirin's natural.
Gelert

Return to New Vegan