Vegan house in San Francisco looking for a roommate

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Vegan house in San Francisco looking for a roommate

Postby veganjosh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:05 pm

I know there aren't too many people from SF on here, but I figured I'd post just to check. I live in a 5 person apartment in the Mission, all vegan (well, actually 4 vegans and one vegetarian who's close to vegan and doesn't cook non-vegan stuff) athlete-types. Everybody is pretty awesome, the space is great, rent is low for SF, and you'll be guaranteed to squat at least double bodyweight by the time you leave :D. Somebody is moving out in December, so we're looking a new roommate starting December 15 (though the date could probably be slightly flexible). I can say a lot more about the people, the space, and what we're looking for, so if you happen to be interested get in touch.

-Josh
veganjosh

Re: Vegan house in San Francisco looking for a roommate

Postby bronco » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 pm

[quote="veganjosh"]... and you'll be guaranteed to squat at least double bodyweight by the time you leave :D.

That allmost makes it worth it moving over to the US :D . I think Id rather not though.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby veganjosh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:38 am

[quote="bronco"][quote="veganjosh"]... and you'll be guaranteed to squat at least double bodyweight by the time you leave :D.

That allmost makes it worth it moving over to the US :D . I think Id rather not though.

Maybe I need to up my offer...any takers if I offer a 2.5x bodyweight squat? :D
veganjosh

Postby bronco » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:04 am

[quote="veganjosh"]Maybe I need to up my offer...any takers if I offer a 2.5x bodyweight squat? :D

Add a 1.5xBW Clean and Jerk and we have a deal :) .
bronco
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Seems like a pretty cool cult house. I fear that your route to double bodyweight squats would not include bulking, death shakes and deep fried doughnuts?

I asked around the Vegan Cult in Edinburgh and none of the vegan members could do a double bodyweight squat.

Anyway, not much chance of me getting a US visa.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Josh if there are some mofos with double bodyweight squats, get them to post their totals to the vegan strength table!!! :D

Baldy, I thought the cult guys are so ripped they would only need a 120kg squat for double bodyweight?
JP
Site Admin

Postby veganjosh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:02 am

[quote="baldy"]Seems like a pretty cool cult house. I fear that your route to double bodyweight squats would not include bulking, death shakes and deep fried doughnuts?

I asked around the Vegan Cult in Edinburgh and none of the vegan members could do a double bodyweight squat.

Ha! Below is photographic proof of deep fried doughnut making in our kitchen (made by yours truly)...they're absolutely essential for strength gains, you know. Note the oil stains that have completely soaked through the paper.

veganjosh

Postby KC Masterpiece » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:07 am

If I were single i'd be there in a minute.

Did you just recently move to SF? Coulda sworn you were in San Jose a few months ago...

Where in the mission is it?
KC Masterpiece

Postby veganjosh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 am

[quote="KC Masterpiece"]If I were single i'd be there in a minute.

Did you just recently move to SF? Coulda sworn you were in San Jose a few months ago...

I moved to the Bay about a year ago. First I was in East Oakland, then Berkeley, and now SF...I've been in this place since June. It's at 24th/York. Where are you at?
Last edited by veganjosh on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
veganjosh

Postby KC Masterpiece » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:27 am

[quote="veganjosh"][quote="KC Masterpiece"]If I were single i'd be there in a minute.

I moved to the Bay about a year ago. First I was in East Oakland, then Berkeley, and now SF...I've been in this place in June. It's at 24th/York. Where are you at?

In Bernal Heights, 2 blocks in from Mission @ Precita (which is 1 block south of Mission @ Cesar Chavez).

Both areas are fantastic parts of the city, IMO.
KC Masterpiece

Postby helmut » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:26 pm

[quote="veganjosh"][quote="baldy"]Seems like a pretty cool cult house. I fear that your route to double bodyweight squats would not include bulking, death shakes and deep fried doughnuts?

Ha! Below is photographic proof of deep fried doughnut making in our kitchen (made by yours truly)...they're absolutely essential for strength gains, you know. Note the oil stains that have completely soaked through the paper.

this picture is enough to make me move halfway around the world :p
*take me to the mediocrity dungeon*
helmut

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews