Pushup Challenge

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Konstantin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 pm

:shock:

Well done Thomas!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
User avatar
Konstantin
Moderator
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Postby Thomas Campbell » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Konstantin wrote::shock:

Well done Thomas!

Thanks - I am a very obsessive person and before I started weight training I was desperate to do 100 push ups - I probably i'll advisedly applied the grease the grove principle and did a set of push ups every three hours or so. I think the secret to doing loads of push ups is doing them very fast.
Thomas Campbell
Active Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 pm
Location: Leeds, England

Postby baldy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:57 am

Thomas Campbell wrote:I did a 102 today as documented in my log
http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewt ... 240#320240
Wish I had a video camera to document this!

Congratulations, first one to hit the legendary 100! How did it feel? I like the way you sailed passed 100 and did 102, most people would have just done the 100. Good job, video would be awesome, next time.
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Postby Thomas Campbell » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:45 pm

baldy wrote:
Thomas Campbell wrote:I did a 102 today as documented in my log
http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewt ... 240#320240
Wish I had a video camera to document this!

Congratulations, first one to hit the legendary 100! How did it feel? I like the way you sailed passed 100 and did 102, most people would have just done the 100. Good job, video would be awesome, next time.

Exhilarating, but exhausting. As my training called for the 3 max rep sets I did 80 on my second, I was unusually tired for the rest of my session though. And today two days after the session my chest feels really tight. I really hope its recovered by sunday as I have my last max-effort benching session, before I switch the exercise and was hopping to hit a pb
Thomas Campbell
Active Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 pm
Location: Leeds, England

Postby theblackcat » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Thomas Campbell wrote:I did a 102 today as documented in my log
http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewt ... 240#320240
Wish I had a video camera to document this!


Great work, though you beat me to it!!!
User avatar
theblackcat
Active Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Postby Fjodo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:20 pm

36
User avatar
Fjodo
Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:37 am

Postby wannalift » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm

100

i did the 100 push ups program a few months ago, http://hundredpushups.com/

i started out with 24 and did 100 within 4 weeks. i did so well that i developed tendinitis in my right shoulder and haven't been able to do any chest work for the last 6 weeks :evil: :evil: :evil:. it's finally starting to feel better.
Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift
Active Member
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby Thomas Campbell » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:28 pm

wannalift wrote:100

i did the 100 push ups program a few months ago, http://hundredpushups.com/

i started out with 24 and did 100 within 4 weeks. i did so well that i developed tendinitis in my right shoulder and haven't been able to do any chest work for the last 6 weeks :evil: :evil: :evil:. it's finally starting to feel better.

Thats remarkably good I started being bale to do 60 and it took my NINE weeks following the 100 push up challenge (repating the last two weeks when I didnt make a hundred)
Anyway at some point I'm going to try a 100 push ups in the quickest time. Is this a challenge anybody else would be interested in?
Thomas Campbell
Active Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 pm
Location: Leeds, England

Postby wannalift » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Thomas Campbell wrote:
wannalift wrote:100

i did the 100 push ups program a few months ago, http://hundredpushups.com/

i started out with 24 and did 100 within 4 weeks. i did so well that i developed tendinitis in my right shoulder and haven't been able to do any chest work for the last 6 weeks :evil: :evil: :evil:. it's finally starting to feel better.

Thats remarkably good I started being bale to do 60 and it took my NINE weeks following the 100 push up challenge (repating the last two weeks when I didnt make a hundred)
Anyway at some point I'm going to try a 100 push ups in the quickest time. Is this a challenge anybody else would be interested in?


Thanks. Actually looking back it was 5 weeks as I did end up repeating the last week. I just remembered starting on week 3, but I checked the records and it was 5. I pretty much went up 5 reps on my max every workout. Also, I lengthened the rest intervals for the most part and I did them from an inclined position (feet elevated 20"). As implied by my shoulder injury, I have no interest in doing this again.
Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift
Active Member
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Pushup Challenge

Postby SpugFab » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:53 pm

Image

Chalk the wee man up for one. More in the tank I think.
User avatar
SpugFab
Active Member
 
Posts: 4526
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:35 pm
Location: Frankfurt am Main

Re: Pushup Challenge

Postby Konstantin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 am

SpugFab wrote:Image

Chalk the wee man up for one. More in the tank I think.



Ha ha ha, I love it!

:D :lol: :D :lol:
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
User avatar
Konstantin
Moderator
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Re: Pushup Challenge

Postby JP » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 am

haha awesome work WeeFab!
User avatar
JP
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19228
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Pushup Challenge

Postby baldy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:17 am

wannalift wrote:100

i did the 100 push ups program a few months ago, http://hundredpushups.com/

i started out with 24 and did 100 within 4 weeks. i did so well that i developed tendinitis in my right shoulder and haven't been able to do any chest work for the last 6 weeks :evil: :evil: :evil:. it's finally starting to feel better.

Sorry I missed this, congratulations on getting the 100! Table is all updated now.

SpugFab wrote:Chalk the wee man up for one. More in the tank I think.

Have put him down as Maverick, let me know if you have picked another online persona you would like to use for him instead.
I wonder how the spawn of ninearms will respond to this?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

Re: Pushup Challenge

Postby Konstantin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:12 am

Just tried a single set for the first time in months and got...52. Increase in Pb but same position.

SpugFab - new avatar?
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
User avatar
Konstantin
Moderator
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Devon, UK

Re: Pushup Challenge

Postby baldy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:19 am

Konstantin wrote:Just tried a single set for the first time in months and got...52. Increase in Pb but same position.

I also did some pushups this morning, but got really bored after 10. Need some motivation so that I can over take sosso and spug!
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
User avatar
baldy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:23 am
Location: St Albans UK

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest