Vegan Rowing Table

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby fredrikw » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:13 pm

JohnBarleycorn wrote:mountain bike next year !

yay! :)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
User avatar
fredrikw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10738
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:03 pm

It will be a culture shock.....and no fixed gear on mountain bikes ! :cry:

But needs must, when the devil stalks !

Off road will be much safer for me, for the forseeable future. :?

I suspect I will be at quite a disadvantage, at my weight, with big time trial thighs. Will have to learn to spin again.
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

Postby Dave Noisy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Well, i've determined that i can't be particularly competitive offroad...the weight kills me!! There's one guy who weighs less than me WITH his bike!! He just vanishes up the hills...

There is a single-speed offroad cult, but that seems to take a lot of the fun out of it for me...
User avatar
Dave Noisy
Active Member
 
Posts: 6783
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:04 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby fredrikw » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Dave Noisy wrote:Well, i've determined that i can't be particularly competitive offroad...the weight kills me!! There's one guy who weighs less than me WITH his bike!! He just vanishes up the hills...


Unless you're competing at top national or international level I definitely don't think your weight will be such a limiting factor for you, Of course lower weight means a lot when racing MTB, but I know racers who weigh in at around 85kg and are still competitive. It's all about power/kg you know, just train and push harder 8)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
User avatar
fredrikw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10738
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby Dave Noisy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:08 pm

fredrikw wrote:
Dave Noisy wrote:Well, i've determined that i can't be particularly competitive offroad...the weight kills me!! There's one guy who weighs less than me WITH his bike!! He just vanishes up the hills...


Unless you're competing at top national or international level I definitely don't think your weight will be such a limiting factor for you, Of course lower weight means a lot when racing MTB, but I know racers who weigh in at around 85kg and are still competitive. It's all about power/kg you know, just train and push harder 8)

Aye - i already know that i'm going harder than these guys, i can out TT them....but that goes away once we're on an incline, and making up the w/kg is a LOT harder at that point!!
User avatar
Dave Noisy
Active Member
 
Posts: 6783
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:04 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Well, I've gone on a diet in preparation for all those muddy hills !

I'll be skinny like you guys soon ! :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

Postby fredrikw » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:17 am

Dave Noisy wrote:
fredrikw wrote:
Dave Noisy wrote:Well, i've determined that i can't be particularly competitive offroad...the weight kills me!! There's one guy who weighs less than me WITH his bike!! He just vanishes up the hills...


Unless you're competing at top national or international level I definitely don't think your weight will be such a limiting factor for you, Of course lower weight means a lot when racing MTB, but I know racers who weigh in at around 85kg and are still competitive. It's all about power/kg you know, just train and push harder 8)

Aye - i already know that i'm going harder than these guys, i can out TT them....but that goes away once we're on an incline, and making up the w/kg is a LOT harder at that point!!


so you better start losing weight then :P
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
User avatar
fredrikw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10738
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Postby SpugFab » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 am

Sigh, damn cyclists get everywhere :(

Any post from a cyclist on this thread must now be accompanied by a NEW ROWING PB!
User avatar
SpugFab
Active Member
 
Posts: 4526
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:35 pm
Location: Frankfurt am Main

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:57 am

SpugFab wrote:Sigh, damn cyclists get everywhere :(

Any post from a cyclist on this thread must now be accompanied by a NEW ROWING PB!


Easy !

(Mainly because mine are quite slow, and easy to improve)

:lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:21 am

Couldn't sleep last night, so thought I would relax on the rowing machine.

10000m 42.15

Didn't try too hard, just rowed nice 'n steady, and wondered how it would feel to spend so long on the rower. Easier than i thought, but then again I wasn't trying too hard.

Slept better afterwards.

Might try a marathon next time ! :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Another PB ! :lol:

5000m 19.40

I am slowly getting fit ! :?
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

Postby Dave Noisy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:43 pm

hahaha..poor rowers. ;)

JBC is turning into a rower too - oh noes!!
User avatar
Dave Noisy
Active Member
 
Posts: 6783
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:04 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Dave Noisy wrote:hahaha..poor rowers. ;)

JBC is turning into a rower too - oh noes!!


Ha ha ha ha !

If I can't terrorise cyclists, I shall have to pick on some other sport !

But Spug is too strong over those short distances for a lightweight weedy cyclist like me ! Although he is far too scared to update the PB table ! :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 am

New figures :lol:

100m 19 secs
1000m 3.31

Still getting used to the whole rowing thing. Its quite good fun !
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:33 am

New PB

10000m 40.22.4

Thought that was a fair effort :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
User avatar
JohnBarleycorn
Active Member
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm
Location: All over the world !

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest