Snowboarding

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Snowboarding

Postby H » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:56 pm

Just wondering if there are any other vegan snowboarders out there apart from me, Moovert and V VII Hero?
H

Postby V VII Hero » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:28 pm

we rock! hehe.

I started a crew up here at my local resort for straightedge snowboarders. and some of us are vegans/vegetarians. I'm hoping eventually I can have a decent amount of vegan sxe kids riding the slopes. we wanna break that "stoner" snowboarder image. and put REAL snowboarding back on the map.
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby mooovert » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:39 pm

awwe, thought this was gonna be a thread i could contribute too :(
oh well the season's almost here. hope you have a good one :)

is that NIN by any chance 5 7 hero? what a blast
mooovert

Postby H » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:55 pm

You could contribute by telling everyone how great it is and converting more vegans to snowboarding! :D There definitely aren't enough.
H

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:59 pm

Or skiing? I am an avid skiier havin been brought up all my childhoood in Switzerland... Miss snow and moutnains in the UK that is y ultimately I would love to head for Scandinavia (not allowed in the sun anyway becos of my skin)... Havent skiied in 2 years :cry: because of my studies and lack of snow when we have been in the Alps at New Years... I also have "Big Foot "s if anyone knows what they are... I want SnowBlades but they are much the same as BigFoots
Fruitbat

Postby mooovert » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:30 pm

there's a lot of exposure on those mtns on clear days. burnt my nose one day :( often come home with an inverted panda face.

sliding down a mountain by any means is a great feeling. you'll never forget a good (poor even) powder run.
are big foots really wide skis (ie a snowboard on each foot). ditch one plank and we'll make a boarder of you before you can say 'bl00dy boarders' ;)
mooovert

Postby Fruitbat » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:03 pm

Big Foot (s) are wide, short skis in the shape of feet with "Big Foot" and a foot-print on them in fluorescent colours. They were all in fashion in the Alps (tho never saw them in US) about 10 years ago. Snow Blades are the "in" thing now. Of course skiiers are uncool and boardsers are "cool" now but nothing will ever convert me to boarding. I pride myself on being a good skiier (brought up in Switz can you be anything but?) - there is no slope I would refuse (give me a chance to get used to skiing again tho after 2 years!) Why would I want to go back to being a beginner when I enjoy my prowess as a skiier???

My family always wears factor 60 on the slopes. Esp since dad and I went skiing without the sensible one in our family - Mum, and came back with 2nd degree face burns - I was blistered all around the mouth and my skin went hard to I could talk. I was like a shiny tomato for weeks and it was miserable. Dad wasnt so bad on account of his beard.
Fruitbat

POWDER VEEGZ

Postby kristen » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:45 am

How HARD is it to get a vegan meal on the mountain ( unless of course you have a cabana boy who can cook for you!). I guess most of you are heading into winter so enjoy. Winter mountains here in Australia are a bit wet with short runs but a rush is a rush! I have been snowboarding for about 11 years now and I'm still loving it. Last season was my first vego season and next year will be my first vegan one. Going to New Zealand in September (Wanaka)....best vegan coffee scrolls in the universe! The snow and people are pretty great too!

Have a great winter! See you at the bakery! Does anyone have any tips for vegan eating in NZ? That doesn't read very well does it :lol: Does anyone know where I can eat in NZ?

kristen
A lived in life can be happily died in'. Michael Leunig
kristen

Postby V VII Hero » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:47 pm

mooovert wrote:awwe, thought this was gonna be a thread i could contribute too :(
oh well the season's almost here. hope you have a good one :)

is that NIN by any chance 5 7 hero? what a blast

NIN?? as in nine inch nails... the band? nah i dont listen to that type of music.
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby XkillerX » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:28 pm

::raises fist::

i'm a snowboarder too, a horrible one by the way... dont have anyone to snowboard with since they're all heavy stoners. so i usually go with my friend who's a skier.. yes it sucks but what can i do.

this spring i bought new bindings and boots because frankly i was sick to my stomach by my old setup. i'm sorry for all the pointless time i wasted leashing&unleashing my bindings because all of the "pros" who advised me when i got my initial setup ~2 years ago told me to go with classic bindings instead of step-ins. that's pure bull****. i got the latest&greatest rossignol sis2 bindings now and cant wait for my first vacation to finally try them out!!!
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby chloe » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:16 pm

oh just went to reply about NZ before realising this is an old thread revived, well how did wanaka ago LAST september ?
chloe

No Snow, No water...

Postby kristen1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:27 am

Australia's 'snow' season was terrible and I thank global warming for this sad little winter...and sadder summer as both of the damns are dry, dust is where grass should be and all's not right with the world. Bought a diesel truck and ride my bike to work 3 days a week...STILL NO SNOW :-) :evil: LOL...At least the surf is good right now.
Off to Mammoth CA riding in January..any Veegz up there then? Hey Chloe...how was your winter? I heard it was pretty good for a while. NZ rocks!
k
kristen1

Postby XkillerX » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:52 pm

come onnn snow people, there's gotta be more vegan snowboarders here!!!!
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Boarderless

Postby kristen1 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:03 am

WOW...a grand total of 6 Vegan snowboarders.....tragic (Yay...2 of us are girls!!). I wonder if it's an extreme sport VS vegan thing? Can the two co-exist in one entity? :-) :?: :P LOL.

Kite Boarders? (check out www.feedtherat.com.au for a glimpse at snow-kite boarding...AWESOME!) It's a great philosophy and a great site for all of us 'rat-feeders'.

Hope to see more Veegz on the slopes this season...or at least in the bar!
"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated"
Gandhi
kristen1

Postby XkillerX » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:42 am

kristen, the url you stated doesnt work :(

other than that, i'm hitting the slopes here in... ugghh.. serbia... ::ph34r:: in the beginning of march, the apartment my friend and i rented has one big folding couch free so if anybody wants a cheap tour you're welcome to bring your ass over here. or bring somebody else's ass with you too. my friend's a skier not a boarder so skiers are welcome too.

well, not as welcome as boarders, but... haha just kidding :)

any europeans got some cheap solutions for snowboarding UNTIL march let's hear it. after march is good for me too, if you think the snow would still be useful.

blahblahblah come on let's get flaming! :twisted:
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Next

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness