How to handle staying at a resort?

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

How to handle staying at a resort?

Postby Maggie_Muggins » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 pm

My husband and I are planning on going to a resort in Cuba this spring and I'm already worried about what to do for food. I'm planning on going well stocked with vitamins, snacks and maybe even a small Almond milk but what about dinner? I've only been to a resort once and the dinner menu selections were pretty sparse. Does anyone have any suggestions? My husbands thinks that I'll have to go vegetarian while I'm there but I refuse to think of that as an option.

Thanks!
Maggie_Muggins

Postby KC Masterpiece » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:10 pm

I had the exact same dilemma for a month in Europe recently. My advice:

1. Brace yourself for MANY salads
2. Buy and prepare as much food for yourself as you can get away with so that light dinners don't screw you up.

Good luck!
KC Masterpiece

Postby tal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Sometimes you'd be surprised.

Considering the amount they usually cost, if you contact them in advance you can usually organise something.

Don't expect anything fancy, but as KC said salads are your friend, if you can get them. Best bet is canned goods like beans and vegetables, I think in some shape or form these are pretty much universal.

Usually small islands are great for fresh fruit, but I don't know about Cuba.

Good luck.
tal

Postby bronco » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:29 am

[quote="Talyn"]Considering the amount they usually cost, if you contact them in advance you can usually organise something.

I agree, if you contact them in advance they should be able to cater for you without problem. Probably a good idea to be fairly specific about what you want to eat and not.
bronco
Site Admin

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews