Intimidation, hatred and death threats

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Dave Noisy » Fri May 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Come back!! We miss you! I've even started doing TT's to try and draw you back!!!
Dave Noisy

Postby emm7 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:27 pm

has anyone heard from JBC ?
"she was my better half and I was just a dog"
"I don't have a drinking problem except when I can't get a drink"
"No, the moon ain't romantic, it's intimidating as hell
And some guy's trying to sell me a watch"
-- Tom Waits Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
emm7

Postby Dave Noisy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 pm

There was a little blip on Facebook, but that's all i've seen... =(

We miss you JBC!!!
Dave Noisy

Postby emm7 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm concerned that's all, am hoping and praying he's OK.
emm7

Postby VeganGraham » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:48 pm

I called in yesterday.
He was out, but he's OK, although the problem is still ongoing.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby emm7 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

thanks BGW am incredibly relieved he's still alive and in one piece!
emm7

Postby Dave Noisy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Come back JBC, we miss you!
Dave Noisy

Postby helmut » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 am

poor JBC :(
*take me to the mediocrity dungeon*
helmut

Postby Gelert » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:15 am

Good to hear he's OK but sorry to hear that the problem is still current.

Good luck to him.
Gelert

Postby emm7 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Yes am very upset that he is still suffering at the hands of the stalker.

In real life the police seem pretty useless when it comes to dealing with stalkers, who are personality disordered yet high-functioning.

It seems to me that our society lets severely personality disordered yet high-functioning people get away with seriously nasty shit all the time. In some sectors of industry apparently people with Narcissistic personality disorder, and Sociopaths, are positively encouraged.

I really hope that one day there will be screening for personality disorders at a young age and cures found for them, so that nobody has to undergo the hell of being stalked, ever again.
emm7

Postby thestoatyone » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 pm

I really hope that one day there will be screening for personality disorders at a young age and cures found for them, so that nobody has to undergo the hell of being stalked, ever again.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, and feel great sympathy for JBC's predicament, that vision of the future scares me a little emm :?
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby emm7 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:04 am

Personality disorders are genetic (ie. you are born with them it's nature not nurture) and at the moment there is no real cure for them. So I was hoping that the scientists would invent a genetic test and also a therapy or medicine to cure them.

This is all science fiction talk really though because I don't think they know enough about the human genome yet to have figured out which genes exactly group together to form each type of personality disorder.

It would be great if basically they could cure Stalkers, Sociopaths etc. before they get old enough to start doing seriously nasty stuff.

Yes I agree though it has got shades of Burgess's novel 'Clockwork Orange', thinking about it.....

I think this science-fiction scenario combined with moral-maze dilemma might be a suitable topic for a theatre play actually!!!
What do you reckon?
emm7

Postby thestoatyone » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 am

Mmm would need a newish angle, most dystopian stuff I've seen recently hasn't inspired me (equilibrium was good but a tad derivative, I haven't seen it but minority report will be wank by virtue of having tom cruise in it)

I'd imagine the play could show the irony of an ambitious, borderline sociopath politician trying to further his career by introducing such a measure....
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Re: Intimidation, hatred and death threats

Postby silver fox » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi, to the OP

Just wondered how your getting on with this?

I stumbled across your post from a google search, because i've been having a very similar experience. You said a couple of things that really rang home with me.

Is everything ok now?
silver fox

Re: Intimidation, hatred and death threats

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Its me !

Alive and well !

And I can honestly say, I am happier, more positive and more peaceful than ever in my life. So it goes to show that its possible to survive such an experience, and come out of it better and stronger.

It taught me a great deal, but strangely, I have an even higher regard for the human spirit, and the essential decency of people. And I am even more compassionate than before, which I like very much.

And I still have no ill feeling towards the stalker and her handful of friends. Despite being such an appalling person, prepared to try murder, accusations of rape etc, and poisoning her own dogs, I can see she was a desperately tormented and unhappy person, as were her friends. No happy, well adjusted person could ever take the first step to what she did. So I will not condemn her. I am just glad I am happy and peaceful, and not in her shoes. Her mind must be a very painful and horrible place. While mine is like Moomin Valley !

She always boasted of police protection, and openly stated she was above the law. And the police always confirmed that, in my dealings with them. Well, it took new police into the area to sort it out. Turns out her partner was a police officer, and corrupt police officers were actually protecting her. Maybe hard to believe in 2011, when we hope the police are more accountable, but fact, nonetheless. It explains everything that happened, and why the police was so disgraceful.

She was arrested a year ago, and I think many things happened behind the scenes. The police are now paranoid about my safety. They told me that I was now going to be protected, and if I called 999, they would be with me in 2 minutes, not the twenty they had suggested previously. They have made it very clear they are looking after me now, and even call me on my mobile to check on my safety, if anything suspicious happens within a mile of my home.

So all is quiet and peaceful !

I suspect I am still in danger, but I have my dogs, and I think it'll be quite hard to try another attempt on my life.

So thats over four years of hassle. A very strange time indeed.

Would I change it, with a magic wand ?

Not sure. I liked who I was before, but I like myself even more now. I have grown so much, and learnt so much. I haver learnt so much about people, and learnt who my friends were, as well as who I couldn't trust.

I still fly the world, and have great experiences, although I no longer cycle, as I feel too vulnerable. She tried to kill me with a car last time, and I think it would be to easy to try again. She has no limits, and made enough death threats that I need to be aware, and not put myself in harms way.

And I still read VF everyday. And obviously I am still vegan, and will always be vegan !
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion