Weightlifting in Shrewsbury (UK)

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Weightlifting in Shrewsbury (UK)

Postby thestoatyone » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Inspired by the MVS crew, anyone want to start and amateur powerlifting cult in Shrewsbury or environs, Shropshire?

I'm kinda scuppered ATM, 'cos although I have a halfway decent Olympic bar/set of Weights and squat rack, I'm livin' with the in-laws and have no-where to set it up. :(

Also, unemployed so can't afford to join a gym :evil:

Anyone got any suggestions, I really want to start some serious powerlifting type training.
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

muchluv wrote:When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby Big Good Wolf » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:13 pm

If you wanted to include strongman stuff as well as powerlifting, I might be interested.
Shrewsbury is about 40 miles for me, although the Shropshire border is only about 2 miles.
On the other hand though, The Whey Consortium in Gloucester is only about 50 miles.

It all depends on what and where you have got in mind and my priorities when it comes to which sport I want to train. It's definitely worth considering.
Gauze might be interested too. Wasn't he looking for someone to train with in Birmingham ?
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
Big Good Wolf

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby thestoatyone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Hey BGW, cheers for getting back!

Would definitely be up for trying some strongman type stuff, but I think travelling 40 miles for a workout would probably be too much.

Will have a look for Gauzes post, see whether that yields any results...

My Log

thestoatyone

Postby gauze » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 pm

i'd happily come down and train in your back garden once every couple of weeks if you wanted to just do basic old school barbell and odd object lifting.

my life is totally up shit creek right now, but i will be free to train properly soon.
gauze

Postby gauze » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 pm

but yea, if you're close to the whey consortium, i'd try to make it down to there as much as you can as the amount of good equipment in there is through the roof.
gauze

Postby thestoatyone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Think there's been a bit of a breakdown in communication here, my Bar and weights are in storage and there ain't enough space in the in-laws garden to swing a stuffed toy, I was kinda on the blag for someones' garage to get what I have set up :?

My Log

thestoatyone

Postby thestoatyone » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:44 pm

I have now negotiated with the inlaws enough space for my 'rack and barbell in their garage, although it's really too tight to workout in there. Anyone up for some powerlifting on my inlaws drive?

My Log

thestoatyone

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights