Lifeline USA Monkey Bar/TNT/Power Up Chin UP/Power Push UP?

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Lifeline USA Monkey Bar/TNT/Power Up Chin UP/Power Push UP?

Postby ^toby^ » Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 pm

I want to add more fun to my home workout and thinking about getting some
Lifeline USA stuff.

First of all, the chin up thing caught my eye.

$20USD, fair enough.

The TNT cable looks cool. You can do Mil Press or standing chest press and other stuff with it.

And somethings called Jungle Gym...Still googling and youtubing about the usage.
http://secure.monkeybargym.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=44

Monkey Bar Gym is like a package with this "jungle gym" + TNT cable + a jumping rope...

This one is like WTF
http://secure.monkeybargym.com/cart/images/power_sprinter_large.jpg
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby aliquis » Sun May 31, 2009 2:01 pm

First one looks like crap, tnt cable looked like crap, the sprinter thing looked weird / like crap, jungle gym looked nice.

Elitefts got a similar system as the jungle gym.

Also there are elite rings and some other rings whatever they are called.

Dunno if rings or straight handles are most comfortable, beyond that I guess they do the same thing. Rings may offer more variations for grip but I guess it could also pull somewhat "worse" on your palms but if it's good enough for gymnasts ..
aliquis

Postby Fallen_Horse » Sun May 31, 2009 5:16 pm

I am happy with my Iron Gym Xtreme, but it's running $40 right now....

http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=714
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Postby aliquis » Sun May 31, 2009 5:39 pm

Fallen_Horse wrote:I am happy with my Iron Gym Xtreme, but it's running $40 right now....

http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=714
Looks nice for pullups and such but kinda different than things which aren't stationary and which you can setup anywhere.
aliquis

Postby patvirt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:04 am

Just use regular weights.
Looks like crap.
Melbourne Vegan Strength.
patvirt

Postby aliquis » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:32 am

patvirt wrote:Just use regular weights.
Looks like crap.
Only the TNT cable somewhat resemble a "home gym device"? Ie loaded with some extra resistance?

Of course pullups, dips, pushups and such vs rings or ring like things connected to straps will work atleast just as good as their stationary bar versions would do.

If you don't have a park or some other nice bars around at home where you can do them it's nice to just be able to sling the straps over whatever object and get your own.

Personally I'll get a pair of rings (or similar) just because it will be some variation, make pushup more useful at home, can be use for an abdominal wheel like exercise / unstable plank and because I thought rings was fun as a kid. Can probably try to learn to do muscle ups and things like that to.
aliquis

Postby aliquis » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:35 am

Gymnasts:

May be low bang for your buck when it comes to muscular development though.

Olympic lifter from same thread:
aliquis

Postby aliquis » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:27 am

The name of elitefts ones was "blast straps":

http://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... 95&pid=916

I also happened to see an url with some homemade stuff which looked really simple. The actual url didn't worked longer but googles image cache hold the image.

Looked like a piece of rope pulled thru a piece of plastic tube, and then tied to some small ring. Probably works quite well to.

(As in 25 cm or so tube, pull rope thru it, get a metallic ring and tie both ends of rope to ring so you get a ring of the tube. Tie another rope to the ring and fasten it wherever.)

I wonder if I should go that route instead, maybe not as good but almost 100 $ cheaper over here. Dunno if it's safe enough to put your head down from but except that =P. Home made stuff is cooler since it's cheaper and show you don't have to spend a fortune on training equipment.

The later is kinda sad though because I do consider to get kettlebells, though I don't know if I can justify the cost vs sandbags or basketballs filled with sand and for maximal strength and growth they are probably not that good.
aliquis

Postby Fallen_Horse » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:20 pm

aliquis wrote:Gymnasts:

Olympic lifter from same thread:

Yes, and those guys train 8 hours a day...
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Postby patvirt » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:41 am

Toby you should get a simple program and stick to it.
You change your program too much.
Melbourne Vegan Strength.
patvirt

Postby ^toby^ » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:32 pm

:lol:
@Pat
I am still sticking with my program, only doing Bench and DL three times a week, I have complete 4weeks out of 6. Last ten weeks I didn't keep up is not because of change but laziness and missing workouts.

I wish I would stick with this one forever cause I've the greatest gain ever. but Pavel said I can only do it for 6 weeks. And I will do the similar thing but more about strength than volume. wait and see.

I need to buy some new stuff cos I am returning half of the weight plates back to my friend.

I was looking at the chin up bar thing cos I wanna chin without screwing up my door frame.

And TNT is for starting cable press to work on my punching power.
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby aliquis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:53 pm

I'd rather get the iron gym extreme one for door mounting.
aliquis

Postby human vegetable » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Using basic stuff found in any home improvement store (cargo straps, pieces of PVC pipe and garden hose), it is quite easy to build your own "blast strap unit", even with fat handles for additional grip challenge.

I made one of these about three years ago, and since that time I use it for all chins and body rows. The handles can be shifted from a pronated into a supinated grip while pulling, which is much easier on my shoulders. It can also be used for ring pushups/dips.

It makes sense to experiment with different angles of pull, though, replicating wider and narrower grips. Setup can be a bit tricky, depending on the structure of your ceiling or whether you can just sling them over a good chinning bar. Door anchor is possible but inferior to mounting it on the ceiling.
human vegetable

Postby aliquis » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:18 am

human: How have you solved length adjustment? Do those "metal clips" really offer a safe enough lock? How does yours look?

I was thinking about using ropes and make knots on it locking things up with those.. uhm, "spring loaded chain rings" or tie lots of those rings after the rope for various lengths, or something such.

I was also having this idea about ropes + waterhose instead of pre-built, dunno if it's worth the small money advantage though.

Also I still can't decide if I should get kettlebells or not, so expensive vs sand bags and 16+2*24+2*32 will cost quite a lot. I'd also want a barbell + weights but that's even more expensive (though more useful, maybe not for home training though ..) and a pair of powerblock dumbbells (and those are expensive ..)
aliquis

Postby Talyn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 pm

If those were my only choices, i'd go sandbags. You can press, row, clean, squat, lunge, etc. Plus the weight is adjustable as you get stronger (add more sand), its super cheap, and you don't need a heap of space
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Next

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights