Cycling Wattage Table

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby fredrikw » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:23 pm

that would indeed explain your power output :lol:
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:00 pm

Ha ha !

Yes, I have big legs. If only the rest of me was smaller !
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby fredrikw » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:06 am

[quote="JohnBarleycorn"]Yes, I have big legs. If only the rest of me was smaller !

fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:56 am

That was me in 1990 !

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby JP » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey i tried this today!

best was 1458 watts.

But i weigh 107kg so per kg thats probably not all that much :D

My form is utterly disasterously bad :lol:

Anyway, wanted to post this so i can talk for at least for couple of years that i took part in a cycling table, while dave and fredrik havent joined any of the power & strength tables :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby veganjosh » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:55 am

[quote="JP"]Hey i tried this today!

best was 1458 watts.

Anyway, wanted to post this so i can talk for at least for couple of years that i took part in a cycling table, while dave and fredrik havent joined any of the power & strength tables :D

Something must be done about this...we can't let a non-cyclist have the highest max wattage on the table!
veganjosh

Postby JP » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:11 pm

bring it on baby! The bikes are at our gym only temporarely from the British velodrome team so i will nail them again next week :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Dave Noisy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:29 pm

[quote="JP"]Hey i tried this today!

best was 1458 watts.

Hey - i was on the Big Three table! =P

Them's some big watts! More than i can push! (Actually, what i'm hoping to push by the end of the summer!)
Dave Noisy

Postby fredrikw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:42 pm

I finally have some numbers to post here :)

Yesterday I did my usual Max Ramp VO2max test with my coach, and we also did a Wingate test immediately afterwards (well, not immediately, after like 10 minutes of easy pedaling). Doing another max test before a Wingate test is perhaps not the best way to get accurate numbers, but I will be doing these tests like this in the future as well so it's more a way to track my progress than anything else.

So the numbers that are interesting (I guess) are:
5s: 607W
30s: 535W
Body weight: 65kg
Test equipment: Monark Ergomedic 894E Peak Bike

As you can see my 5s and 30s are very close together, probably one explanation is that I haven't done any explosive power training at all so far this season. Quite surprising though is that the 5s number shouldn't be too affected by doing a max ramp test just before, but the 30s should, which means that my anaerobic endurance seems to be relatively good. Perhaps I'll be able to get a better set of figures at my next test, will post more then.

The Wingate test was pure suffering, I never thought I was going to get that hammered after just 30 seconds :shock:
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby ultra_whippet » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:06 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]
The Wingate test was pure suffering, I never thought I was going to get that hammered after just 30 seconds :shock:

Heh heh, I watched someone do one of these on an arm bike in the gym recently. Hilarious to see the look of horror on his face when it started to really hurt after 15 seconds and he realised he was only half way though :D
ultra_whippet

Postby fredrikw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 pm

an arm bike? I'd die before even starting the test if I had to do it on one of those :)
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:00 pm

well done fredrikw! those things are horrible! How did the ramp test go?
Mr. Cleetus

Postby fredrikw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 pm

The ramp test went very well. This is the fourth time I've done this, and the results was very different this time. Increased my max with about 30W (which basically means I kept on going for about three minutes longer), that together with my 6kg weight loss meant a huge leap in the predicted VO2max from about 50 to 60... So with these results in mind my new training schedule is a killer, it's going to be hard work from now on :)
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]The ramp test went very well. This is the fourth time I've done this, and the results was very different this time. Increased my max with about 30W (which basically means I kept on going for about three minutes longer), that together with my 6kg weight loss meant a huge leap in the predicted VO2max from about 50 to 60... So with these results in mind my new training schedule is a killer, it's going to be hard work from now on :)

wow! thats huge. Fantastic. Must be immensely satisfying to see all of those horrible 3x20's on the trainer paying off. You're gonna be a machine this summer.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Good work !

You'll have a great year ! :lol:

JohnBarleycorn

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Forum