P90X

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

P90X

Postby Catt Queen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:10 am

Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Postby Mellos » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:30 am

i won´t trust that kind of stuff, it´s wasted money, if you want to get ripped very fast you should ask pro bodybuilders (or krypto.... :lol: )
but if you want to lose weight in a longer period of time that is still healthy...well then ask the bodybuilders too but use more calories and more vitamins aso... no need to buy expensive stuff
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby bronco » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:19 am

As a general rule, never trust anything that is described as 'revolutionary' or 'extreme' and promises very good results in a short time.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:22 am

90 days is not that short a time, so could be as good as any routine you can probably get online.

It promises a Beach Body! So you should be asking Buzz, if anyone knows about this kind of thing he will.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Catt Queen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:35 am

I've got no intention of paying for it, wouldn't be that daft. Some people on a ladies fitness site I occasionally visit think it's outstanding and I'm curious to know if anyone on here has had any success with it :)
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Postby Mellos » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:54 am

well then, no i don´t think so, guys who are really into this normally search on the internet for forums or articles and get their knowledge there ;)
maybe it works maybe not but i guess nobody over here knows
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby Fallen_Horse » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:45 pm

I have used it for a few weeks. It's tough! 1 hour each day, 6 days a week. Cardio sessions, weight training sessions, plyometrics (whew!), even a yoga session on day 6. Very well balanced IMO. You need resistance bands or dumbbells to do some exercises, and a place to do pullups is pretty much essential. There is a meal plan that is mostly useless for us vegans, but it's still a good general guide (eat protein, good carbs, etc.) I wouldn't pay for it, but if you get your hands on it (and stick with it) then you will DEFINITELY see results. I hate all cardio, so I didn't stay with it, but sometimes I wonder what would be if I had...
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Postby crunchycroc » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 pm

i borrowed the dvds from a friend, but was in the middle of marathon training and didnt put forth much effort with it. but i did have alot of "fun" doing the workouts... they were much different than what i'm used to so they were exciting, and if you use the correct weight for each move you can really get a good workout. i probably would have done it for longer, but i couldnt marathon train and do the videos at the same time.
crunchycroc

Postby Solardrive » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:58 am

The program is well rounded and demanding, it also has a great deal of research done into the training. As previously mentioned in the thread if you do it then you will see results, check out a website called www.amiripped.com and view the original bet. One guy's blog on his results with the 90x program. Interesting reading.
Solardrive

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights