hemp protein shake ideas

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

hemp protein shake ideas

Postby yelvertonbrook » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum - Maybe I should post this in the recipes section but I thought I might get more ideas from here.

I've been into weight training for years but seriously for the last 3 - have been a vegi but not vegan. I've been getting most of my protein from Whey & egg whites as I have to keep an eye on my carbs.

I've just ordered 2.5kg of hemp protein and am after ideas of what I can mix it with to provide reasonably tasty shakes but with out loads of carbs.

I've made them with banana & nut butters etc but this is too heavy as I have quite a few throughout the day so I really will end up bulking :oops:

Any ideas - also it needs to be somthing I can mix at the gym in a shaker.

mucho thanks in advance for any help

Ange :D
yelvertonbrook

Postby JP » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:29 pm

2.5kg of hemp protein = hardcore :D

may i ask where did you order it from?
JP
Site Admin

hemp protein good stuff

Postby yelvertonbrook » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:21 pm

I ordered it from My protein - I get alot of stuff from them and at 22.95 a kg for 100% pure cold press hemp protein they are the cheapest by loads - I've had it from them several times and its good stuff. it out of stock at the moment but new stuff coming on Wed :D They also sell pea & soy protein tho I don't know how the prices are as I'v never had it.

I really want to stop using whey & eggs as I want to go back to being non animal so hence the large amount of hemp :)

I really struggled with nutrition and my body just doesn't do well with huge amounts of pulses, lentils beans, oats or potatoes - I'm ok with rice but too much fruit plays havoc with my blood sugar - its been a bit of a nightmare but food is what makes us grow so i gotta get it sorted.

p.s you get 5% off your first order with mp if you use a discount code - mine is 71962 so use it & get 5% off & I'll get reward points too :D
yelvertonbrook

Re: hemp protein good stuff

Postby KaliBaby » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:24 pm

yelvertonbrook wrote:I really want to stop using whey & eggs as I want to go back to being non animal so hence the large amount of hemp :)

yeah you should... eggs and whey suck. I love love LOVE hemp protein. the brand I use most is Nutivia. I'll have to check out that website you bought yours from though.
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby yelvertonbrook » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:36 am

Yes its my plan to use Hemp & maybe a little soy 100% as apart from protein shakes I don't eat eggs/dairy any other time.

My protein are a uk based company & have great prices on alot of stuff inc the hemp protein but I think its much cheaper to buy in the states as isn't alot of Hemp grown in Canada?

I've just found a wonderful vegan couple who make all organic hemp protein drinks with spirulina, barleygrass, macca etc so a kind of vegan protein/mineral powerhouse :D :D :D

I feel healthier already
yelvertonbrook

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights