Haisuli's training, alive again

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Haisuli's training, alive again

Postby haisuli » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:38 pm

If somebody had told me couple of years ago that I would wright training log about weight lifting to VF-forum, I would never believed that. :lol:
So here it is, nowadays mainly weight lifting and football (soccer), maybe some day I'll be back in MA.

In the end of 2008 I thought that I would train at least as much in 2009 than that year. We'll, end of the 2008 and beginning of this year wasn't that good forum/viewtopic.php?t=17282

Now getting better, but I'm not going to set any tight goals for this year anymore, just trying to be health enough to train.

My gym training is generally divided in three days: (I'm not sure if I got right English words..)

Day 1, upper body abductors, consists some exercises of these:
- benc press
- incline bench press (dumbbell/barbell)
- cable standing fly
- triceps dip
- cable pushdown
- shoulder press (dumbbell/barbell)
- some other shoulder exercises
- sit-ups

Day 2, legs, lower back, consists some exercises of these:
- clean
- deadlift
- squat
- leg press
- gluteus exercise with cross over machine (don't know English name)
- calf raise

Day 3, upper body adductors, consists some exercises of these:
- pull-up
- pull-up with high-pulley
- dumbbell/barbell curls
- dumbbell bent-over row

So I don't usually do all of them in one day, I try to vary those.

Here's my yesterday training:

Crosstrainer, sandbag and speedrope for warming up.

Bench press:
20 @ 40 kg (getting warm)
1 @ 70 kg (getting too warm)
12 @ 50 kg
5 @ 60 kg
5 @ 55 kg (getting tired)
I was alone so I didn't do too close to max reps.

Dips:
3 x 5 (I'm so poor in this)

Cable pushdown:
3 x 7 @ 45 kg (the machine shows too much weight)

Shoulder exercise with dumbbels (don't know in English):
2 x 15 @ 8 kg (easy)

Other shoulder exercises with dumbbels (don't know in English, just lifting dumbbels straight up and down close to the body when standing :oops: arms are straight):
10 @ 25 kg
3 x 7 @ 30 kg

Sit-ups

Today training:

Exercise bike, easy stretches.

Clean:
3 x 5 @ 45 kg (easy)
5 @ 50 kg
Form isn't very good yet...

DL:
10 @ 65 kg (easy)
8 @ 85 kg (not so easy)
5 @ 100 kg (hard)
1 @ 120 kg (ass and legs on fire)
5 @ 85 kg

Squat:
3 x 10 @ 65 kg (with ass and legs burning becouse of DL :twisted: )

Lower back presses

Calf raises without weights
Last edited by haisuli on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
haisuli

Postby haisuli » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Today I felt tired and weak, maybe it's been too heavy start after long brake. Well, at least I tried:

Row machine warm up

Pull-up:
4 x 6 @ bw (I'm not satisfied for that)

Cable rear pulldown:
4 x 6 @ 50 kg (at least this wen't better than pull-ups...)

Dumbbell bent-over row:
10 @ 25 kg
3 x 5 @ 30 kg (satisfying)

Barbell curl:
4 x 5 @ 27,5 kg (last set's lasts were crap)

So, I think this was still solid week for training with weights. Today training wasn't success, but considering recent sickness, I'm still very satisfied that I was even able to go through these trains.

Tomorrow I will rest and probably do some stretchings. Muscles are bit sore... :wink: On Sunday there is two futsal games (indoor soccer). I think I'm going to try it. There have been couple of months break also in that, I have been able to train only once in this year, so it's funny to see what happpens. At least it's funny according to opposite team. :lol: If the warm up gives bad sign I could be a goalie. I'm even more worse there than beeing offensive player that I used to do. :roll:
haisuli

Postby KaliBaby » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:55 am

yay for soccer!!!! 8)
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby Johnboy74 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Keep up the good work haisuli :D
****** Vegan Atheist ******
Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.
Johnboy74

Postby haisuli » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Thank's for encouraging!

Futsal... Damn it. Games went poorly. We didn't have enough players at the beginning of first game and it's not allowed to start short-handed. So one of our player who was only watching games becouse of haunch injury had to come standing in the field so we could even start. Overall it's quite desperate to play futsal without reserves, changing players isn't limited and the tempo is high like in floorball, ice-hockey etc. Playing time in our serie is 1 x 26 min. I was offensive player, but I injuried my leg in crash with opposite player. Becouse we didn't have any reserves, I limped to defense player. In second game I was a goalie. A goalie that couldn't use his right leg. Not good. Couple of proper saves, lot of tripping and too many time ball wen't behind me. Becouse our team was very suffocated in second game, defense game was lazy and opposite had easy to find good shooting places.

So, we loose both games, I don't want to remember number of goals.. Well, hopefully it's just a stoopid game, no worry, next time with better luck and more players.

Now I'm just guessing how bad my leg injury is. The joint between big toe and metatarsal is swallowed and color of that area is getting darker. I can walk if I use only outer side of sole. Look's funny, feels bad :twisted:
Hoping it's just strain, beeing afraid it's not..
haisuli

Postby haisuli » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Today:

Crosstrainer for warming up. (That can be done without bending my blue-black-red toe :roll: )

Bench press:
20 @ 40 kg
2 @ 70 kg
12 @ 50 kg
4 @ 60 kg
7 @ 55 kg

Incline bench press (dumbbell):
8 @ 12kg (First time doing this with dumbbells, feeling unbalanced, dumbbells are swingin gorgeously in the air :lol: )
8+7+7 @ 14 kg

Cable pushdown:
4 x 6 @ 50 kg (the machine shows too much weight)

Shoulder exercise with dumbbels (don't know in English):
3 x 8 @ 10kg

Dumbbell shrug That's the English name!
3 x 8 @ 30 kg

Sit-ups

Tomorrow I rest and look how my toe is. Standing doesn't hurt much, only bending and touching. May be I carefully try squats and dl on Wednesday. Problem might be keeping balance without using right toe.. Let see what happens.
haisuli

Postby The Duke » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:16 pm

haisuli wrote:Today I felt tired and weak, maybe it's been too heavy start after long brake.

Don't worry, I aways feel tired and weak too! Most of my log entries start with "feel tired today", "felt weak today", or felt tired and weak today.

Welcome anyway.

Oh yeah, your English words and writing is fine. Not quite up to the standard of my Finnish of course (cough - offstage "liar!") but not bad at all!

Interesting approach to your bench ... light, heavy, light, heavy.
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby haisuli » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:43 pm

The Duke wrote:
haisuli wrote:Today I felt tired and weak, maybe it's been too heavy start after long brake.

Don't worry, I aways feel tired and weak too! Most of my log entries start with "feel tired today", "felt weak today", or felt tired and weak today.

Welcome anyway.

Oh yeah, your English words and writing is fine. Not quite up to the standard of my Finnish of course (cough - offstage "liar!") but not bad at all!

Interesting approach to your bench ... light, heavy, light, heavy.

If I woke up some morning feeling spry without any ache I could guess that I've died. 8)

One friend have achieved good result's with that kind of bench routine. Some Pole(?) weightlifting instructor made it for him when he practised am. football.
I don't know, I'll try it for a while. At least it gives good laughs to other people at the gym. "Why in the hell you're putting and taking off those weights on that barbell all the time?"

I got good dictionary :lol: Understanding English isn't that hard becouse I have to do it daily (internet, tv, some job-related things etc.). But writing and especially speaking it is other case. Edit: In, on, at, which, what, that. Always hard to choose between those. :P
haisuli

Postby haisuli » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Today training:

Looks like the toe injury isn't that bad. Still can't bend it much, but swelling is getting off and it's not hurting if just standing. So, let's try...

Exercise bike

Clean:
10 @ 45 kg
3 x 5 @ 55 kg

I don't go as low position as there: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Oly ... Clean.html
I don't know is that a big problem? I should pay more attention to form, I have done this exercise only few time and it really shows.

DL:
10 @ 75 kg (continously)
5 @ 100 kg (almost continously)
3 @ 110 kg (few second brakes in low position)
5 @ 100 kg (few second brakes in low position)

I liked this, getting better.. Still remained some power to squatting. When getting heavy, my ass is trying to raise too much, maybe my legs are weaker than back? Otherwise I think that my form is getting acceptable.

Squat:
2 x 10 @ 65 kg
7 @ 75 kg (Probably too short break after previous set)
10 @ 75 kg
4 @ 80 kg

I'm always thinking that am I'm going to low enough. Maybe sense of leg position will develop when doing more this. :lol:

I think that sometimes I should change execution order. I guess that becouse of doing first cleans and deadlifts squatting will suffer.
haisuli

Postby JP » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 am

thats looking much more promising mate!
JP
Site Admin

Postby haisuli » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Today:

Row machine warm up

Pull-up:
4 x 7 @ bw

Cable rear pulldown:
4 x 5 @ 60 kg

Cable seated row:
4 x 6 @ 60 kg

Barbell curl:
4 x 6 @ 27,5 kg

Tomorrow there would be futsal train, but can't do it because of my toe injury. Look's like next train is going to be on next week.
haisuli

Postby haisuli » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:44 am

Yesterday I stepped on weighing scale. It showed 70.5 kg. In the market there was fat percentage measuring device demonstration (writing it in my own words :lol: ) I'm almost as good in English as Finnish rally driver Marcus Gronholm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

Ok, cut to the case. The device showed 21 % of fat. :roll: Same kind of a device showed 8 % about 12 years ago. My bw was round 58 kg. So my bw has increased about 12 kg, 10 kg of it is fat :shock: I think and hope that these kind of devices are not very accurate sort of.

Some kind of a 30's crisis in the air? :lol:
haisuli

Postby JP » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:32 pm

Fortunately those tests are really really unreliable, and so many factors affect the outcome, so you should really just go by what you see in the mirror IMO.
JP
Site Admin

Postby haisuli » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Today:

Crosstrainer for warming up. Easy and short sandbag session.

Bench press:
20 @ 40 kg
3 @ 70 kg
16 @ 50 kg
5 @ 65 kg
10 @ 55 kg
6 @ 60 kg
Happy with that! Probably could done even some more reps, but in beginning (40&70kg) I was alone so I didn't like to try max. I think that there will be soon time to increase weights for this weird bench routine.

Chest dip:
5+5+5+5 @ bw

Dumbbell shoulder press (for a long time):
5+5+5+5 @ 12kg

Cable pushdown:
7+7+7 @ 50 kg (the machine shows too much weight, could be somewhere 30-35kg)

Sit-ups
haisuli

Postby haisuli » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Today training:

Few minutes exercise bike session

Squat:
10 @ 55 kg
7 @ 70 kg
5 @ 80 kg
7 @ 70 kg

Tried to save some power for DL and clean...

DL:
10 @ 65 kg (continously)
5 @ 100 kg
5 @ 100 kg
5 @ 100 kg

I felt that squats affected to DL even if tried to save some power to this.

Clean:
5 @ 55 kg
3 @ 55 kg (I became really exhausted at this point)
8 @ 45 kg
8 @ 45 kg

Cleans felt really hard today.

Conclusions:
Overall training felt damn hard. Maybe I should move some of these exercises in another day. Can't do all of this properly. Or then I just have to change execution orders every time when doing this training session and accept that only one of these can give good result's per day.
haisuli

Next

Return to Training Logs