Pilates DVD's

Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance and variations, general stretching and flexibility discussion.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Pilates DVD's

Postby wasatchrunner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:32 pm

I just started taking a pilates class about three weeks ago. The class is only once a week so I want to start doing some pilates at home also. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on some good pilates DVD's to assist me with my home workout. I checked some out from the library and my favorite by far is Pilates Intermediate Mat Workout with Ana Caban. I'm thinking about ordering a couple of Ana Caban's DVD's unless someone thinks there are better ones out there.

I'm kind of excited about Pilates, I think it will be a great compliment to my running.
wasatchrunner

Postby Yaku » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:38 pm

The best by far, are Mari Winsor's DVDs.
She has two, and you really only need these two.
Ab Sculpting Pilates
Bun & Thigh Sculpting Pilates

I've done them so much that i know the routines by heart haha. Very great routines in here :)
~Mitakuye Oyasin~
Yaku

Re: Pilates DVD's

Postby calli seitour » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Pilates is great for running. It lengthens and elongates your body as well as increasing your flexibility. I do pilates daily along with some yoga here and there for more of a meditative state. I would recommend trying Jennifer Kries dvds. She has every thing from mat dvds, to beginner and intermediate levels. You can start off easy and work your way up. Take a look at her products and you can just see whats right for you. I love it and it worked for me.
calli seitour

Return to Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance Forum