Anyone tried Vega?

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Ducati » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:06 am

I just started Vega a few days ago. I haven't noticed any changes. I have been adding some powders because I eat mostly raw and I have a hard time eating enough food to get my calories for the day. I think it tastes really good in a smoothie. Gives it a little bit of an old fashion malt taste. I throw in a cup with some fruit as well.
Ducati

Et si omnes ego non

Vegan Chamber of Commerce www.VeganChamber.org
Denver VegFest & Health Expo www.DenverVegFest.net
Ducati

Postby Dave Noisy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:01 am

Ducati wrote:I just started Vega a few days ago. I haven't noticed any changes. I have been adding some powders because I eat mostly raw and I have a hard time eating enough food to get my calories for the day. I think it tastes really good in a smoothie. Gives it a little bit of an old fashion malt taste. I throw in a cup with some fruit as well.

Heya - just curious about what you were expecting? =)
Dave Noisy

Postby Ducati » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:06 pm

What was I expecting? Not sure what you are asking. I was hoping I could stomach Vega. I have noticed that I can't do a full serving. I can only do about half a cup which is a quarter of a serving or I get really bad gas. I still get gas, but it isn't so bad that I am doubling over in pain. LOL

I am about halfway through the container, but I don't think I will buy it again. I can do pea and hemp protein without the gas, and save about $50 a container.
Ducati

Et si omnes ego non

Vegan Chamber of Commerce www.VeganChamber.org
Denver VegFest & Health Expo www.DenverVegFest.net
Ducati

Postby sport » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:32 am

Dave Noisy wrote:Y'all know there's the new Chai flavored Vega? It's pretty tasty with soy milk..

Tried the vanilla chi vega this week, love it!!!
just mixing it with 500ml of water.
sport

Postby KaliBaby » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 am

I read Brazier's book "The Thrive Diet" while I was on vacation and although I cringed a few times because of grammatical and spelling errors, the overall content of the book was good. I don't think I could bring myself to spend so much money on his Vega powder. He gives plenty of other alternative recipes that aren't costly in addition to raw foods that supply the kick and boost you need for sports. I'm going to pick up some of the things he's suggested taking everyday and see if it really has an effect on my energy/performance.

And for those of you who haven't read the book or know anything about the author, he sure loves dates and says they are a great food to have before exercise. I'll have to try that out too.
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby Dave Noisy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:11 am

Ducati wrote:What was I expecting? Not sure what you are asking.

Sorry, should have been more clear -- you said you didn't notice any changes. ;)

KaliBaby - yeah, when i read the book the first time i marked all the pages and wrote up an email highlighting all the errors...but never sent it..haha..

What makes me cringe most tho is the talk of 'enzymes'..gaaah..

He has a new book now too, curious to read it.
Dave Noisy

Postby KaliBaby » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 am

Dave Noisy wrote:
Ducati wrote:What was I expecting? Not sure what you are asking.

Sorry, should have been more clear -- you said you didn't notice any changes. ;)

KaliBaby - yeah, when i read the book the first time i marked all the pages and wrote up an email highlighting all the errors...but never sent it..haha..

What makes me cringe most tho is the talk of 'enzymes'..gaaah..

He has a new book now too, curious to read it.

I mean seriously... couldn't the guy hire an editor or a simple proof reader? :roll: Some of the points were repetitive too. I guess it's safe to say he's meant to be a successful athlete, not the world's greatest writer.
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby Frostfire » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Reviving this thread as I just tried the Vega Vibrancy Bars this week! Anyone given them a go? I just bought one of each flavor expecting them to be like the other bars but I like to try new things :) . But much to my surprise they were so much better than I could have ever imagined! Of course the chocolate is the flavor I went back to the store to buy an entire box of :D . Personally what I really liked was the high protein to calorie ratio for a bar, 9 grams protein for 200 kilocals. Roughly similar to the Luna Bars I down so frequently. Hooray for variety of vegan bars! :D
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby draco880 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:26 am

I actually just got a sexy black canister of the Vega Sport stuff. I've tried it a couple times and so far I really like it, although it's a little too stimulating to use for evening workouts, I think. Today I put a scoop of Vega, vanilla chai flavor, a scoop of Vega Sport, and a scoop of protein powder in a good amount of water, and it was pretty good.
draco880

Postby Giulia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:46 pm

hi

does anyone know if the vega products are all 100% raw? I couldn't find any information about that on the homepage and I'm not sure wheter they are entirely raw since Brendan Brazier is not 100% raw himself.

and in case they are (hopefully): does anyone know where to purchase them if living in europe?

thanks!

giulia
Giulia

Postby JuicyJ » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Vega is not raw .Always read the ingredients.

I try to be raw(with exceptions) and use maca and raw hemp protein
I do love vega so I sometimes partake.

Good Luck :D
JuicyJ

Postby Giulia » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:17 pm

thanks! I searched for information on that, but couldn't find any...
Giulia

Postby barnz2k » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:12 am

Whats the SPORT one like - is it more a pre-workout, energizer than a meal replacer like the other Vega?

For someone like me who can eat loads its surprising how much vega can actually fill me up for a while. I really like this idea of nuutrient dense than calorie dense.
barnz2k

Postby MikayP » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 am

bump, i really like what's in it and buy some of the stuff that already is (maca, hemp, rice, flax), think i would be worth it to spend the little extra and get vega with the other stuff in it?

also...if you use the serving size, you use a big tub in only 15 meals. if i used it the way it's described (which i dont think i would), I would probably be using a tub every two weeks...thats a lot of dough. how big are these freakin scoops?
Triathlon Coaching - http://www.PortmanCoaching.com

Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/PortmanCoaching

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/MikePortman

Strava - http://app.strava.com/athletes/mike_portman
MikayP

Postby draco880 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm

MikayP wrote:bump, i really like what's in it and buy some of the stuff that already is (maca, hemp, rice, flax), think i would be worth it to spend the little extra and get vega with the other stuff in it?

also...if you use the serving size, you use a big tub in only 15 meals. if i used it the way it's described (which i dont think i would), I would probably be using a tub every two weeks...thats a lot of dough. how big are these freakin scoops?

I only use one scoop in my morning shakes, so it lasts me a month per tub. I don't know which ingredients contribute to this, but it makes my muscles much less sticky.
draco880

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements