Vegan Strength Gathering Germany - 21.-23. Nov '08

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Which week suits you best?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:23 am

01.-09. november
40%
08.-16. november
No votes
15.-23. november
20%
22.-30. november
20%
29.11. - 07.12.
20%

Total votes : 5

Postby Kryptonite V » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:02 am

[quote="Devil's Plaything"]THAT WAS AWESOME!!! :D

It was really nice to meet all of you guys and I'm totally looking foreward too seeing you all again some time! :)

Alex: Congrats on the first place in competition and thanx a lot (again ;) ) for organizing everything!

That was one of the most fun weekends ever! I love being a vegan!! :D

Thank you DP :D
Thanks for all your help, it is really very much appreciated!

Everyone else thanks for coming!
I just brought Baldy to the airport, i'm going back to bed now :lol:

[quote="Devil's Plaything"]Oh yeah, if anyone's interested in this:

Superhero class:
1. Krypto
2. Alex
3. Me
4. Spug Onesteps ;)

Thank you, but if i may correct you, i was only in first place, not in first and second :P

1. Kryptonite V
2. Jakob
3. Devil's Plaything
4. Spug_Myers

I'm happy with my performance, but it is not really that cool to win a comp that you organize yourself and that has only 4 competitors!* :P

*read: i'd have liked to kicked Buzz' ass as well, and plenty of others! ;)

@Buzz:
Spug was unlucky and had a bad day. I guess he was too confident. His crackpipe dreams of crushing us easily were so real to him he saw no problem in squatting and benching heavy on saturday night ... :roll: ;)
That was pretty impressive i must say, 205kg squat fairly comfy and 142.5kg bench easy as piss. But you need more than static strength to win a strongman comp - you have to be a well rounded strength athlete, strong, fast, dedicated 8)

I BEAT SPUG!

:lol:
[quote="buzz"]looks like BEACH SEASON IS UPON US!
Kryptonite V
Radioactive Member

Postby Euphoric » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:39 am

[quote="Devil's Plaything"]
Sidekick class:
1. Baldy
2. Dennis (from germany)
3. Some raw guy, I think
4. Mellos

I (Dennis *g*) want definitely a revenge on Baldy next year. It was so close. About 40cm in farmerswalk and 1 rep at log over head and it would have been an draw.

It was great fun :D
Euphoric

Postby baldy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:27 am

[quote="Euphoric"]
I (Dennis *g*) want definitely a revenge on Baldy next year. It was so close. About 40cm in farmerswalk and 1 rep at log over head and it would have been an draw.

Nice Euphoric, anytime any place :) Was pretty close, but I think I could have pulled a little more from the bag if needed, maybe not on the log but definitely on the farmers. I think I have seen enough snow and cold for a little while though.

Was great Weekend, major thanks to Kryptonite for organising everything and driving me to the airport at such an early hour in the snow, rain and cold.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Devil's Plaything » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:52 am

[quote="Kryptonite V"]Thank you, but if i may correct you, i was only in first place, not in first and second :P

Whoops! :oops: Must have blanked out Jakob because he's such a freakiously strong monster! :lol: ;)

I hope he will keep his promise and come over some time soon for training! :)
Devil's Plaything

Postby Mellos » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:02 pm

i bet i would have been third if i hadn´t been injured at farmers walk (fells like Tenosynovitis...) but next time i´ll kick your butts ^^...
thanks to Alex for this awesome thing!
if anyone wants pics i can send you the ones i took
Current PBs:
210 kg SQ, 135 kg Bench, 260 kg DL

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 282,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/o Wraps) - 710, Total (w/ Wraps) 712,5 kg
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby Devil's Plaything » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Why not upload them on http://www.imageshack.us and post them in a thread? :D
I'm gonna open one...

Are your joints etc. still hurting, Mellos? Solid performance man!! 8) When you reach your 20es, you're probably gonna kick all our butts! :lol:

Edit:

Pics can be posted here:
http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16657
Devil's Plaything

Postby Mellos » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 pm

ok i´ll upload them just after the friend who i got the camera from sent them to me....and it´s not just the joints^^ ... shouldnt have let the log bounce onto my jacket´s zipper :P
Current PBs:
210 kg SQ, 135 kg Bench, 260 kg DL

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 282,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/o Wraps) - 710, Total (w/ Wraps) 712,5 kg
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby JP » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:17 pm

sounds like a great weekend! Looking forward to the pics.
JP
Site Admin

Postby SpugFab » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:13 am

[quote="buzz"]Scotland represent... :roll: What the fuck happened to Spug??

Not a great day at the office buzz :(

Two events I thought I might do ok on I bombed. Combine that with two events I knew I wouldn't do well on and there isn't much left :P
SpugFab

Postby Kryptonite V » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:55 am

I BEAT SPUG - AGAIN!
:P

Okay, now that the house is cleaned and everything put back into place, i have a little time to contribute to ths thread.

We found one pair of black boots and one pair of purple gloves in our house - who forgot them?
We also found one pair of black and blue cycling gloves in the hall.

I want to thank everyone for coming (and to blame everyone who didn't come :P ). I had a great time! Sorry that i was so stressed out all the time, i felt responsible for everything.
It was very stressful for Simone and me to have 8-9 people staying at our place. We missed a certain politeness from some of our guests, things we feel are common. We felt like all the work we were doing was being taken for granted and not much appreciated. I know that it is not so, but offers to help - even if they're refused - or some "Thank you"'s would have been nice.

I have five T-shirts left, sizes L and XL, who wants one?

It was really great to see you all! :)
I enjoyed everything we did together, swimming, training, competing :D
A full comp report will be posted once people get the pictures online, i couldn't take any myself. So... POST YOUR PICTURES! I know Mellos has a bunch, and Baldy must have more than the few he already posted? Jakob?

I feel good now :)
A little sad that it's over, but happy that it all went well (despite minor problems :P For example, a crazy snow thunder storm and Dennis' car). Also sorry that the highwire climbing didn't happen.
I suppose Mama's Pizza Place made solid profit on us alone the past 4 days! :lol:

Next year we'll have the gathering in september, so that the spectators won't freeze to a near death experience and thus be able to enjoy the comp more... :roll:
I know it's cold in the hall, but for the athletes it was fine. I can imagine that it's not as fun if you're sitting around all the time, though.

Man, i must be friggin' strong to beat the Spug in a strongman comp! ;)
[quote="buzz"]looks like BEACH SEASON IS UPON US!
Kryptonite V
Radioactive Member

Postby AbFab » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi, All

Just to say thanks again for a lovely weekend, albeit a freezing cold one. Really nice to see those we already knew again, and to meet new people. Vegan weekends are great.

Cheers.

Stay warm.
Abi x
AbFab

Postby Euphoric » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:31 pm

[quote="baldy"]
Nice Euphoric, anytime any place :) Was pretty close, but I think I could have pulled a little more from the bag if needed, maybe not on the log but definitely on the farmers.

Next time we both will be better trained so it will be close again -;o)
Euphoric

Previous

Return to Power and Strength