what was the last gig you saw?

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Henri » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Friday: The Others
The Others is 22-Pistepirkko playing cover songs. Excellent versions of many garage rock classics, e.g. three songs by The Sonics. Semifinal wasn't full-packed, which made the club more enjoyable. That's an amazing live band!

Saturday: two Jolly Jumpers gigs
First one was an acoustic duo gig at Pitkämies and the other an electric gig at Liberte. Both of the gigs were really good and quite different compared to each other. The song are played with lot of emotion and passion.

Sunday: Kari Peitsamo
It was very entertaining like Peitsamo gigs always are. This was an acoustic solo gig at Bar Loose. People ask him to play their own favorites and most of those were played. I wonder how many songs he does remember, cause he has done over 40 albums.

Today there would be Om gig at Tavastia, but I think I'll skip that one, feeling a bit tired today. But hopefully tomorrow to Lepakkomies to check out Nazi Death Camp, The Turnoffs, God Given Ass,...
Henri

Postby violetti » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:58 pm

DISCO ENSEMBLE <3 My head exploded. So orgastic gig! Go and chech out if possible. This cre has so much energy on stage. It's so cool to pogo along good tunes <3 DE really stole my heart last evening. The gig was quite special in many ways because I was there with a pal form my infancy. She's such a great girl still!

I Walk The Line played before DE. IWTL was good and comfortable as usual.
violetti

Postby jah_militant » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:00 am

i went to see Dub The Earth :?: last week in Nottingham centre... were real good actually... 8)
--- Peace, Love, Unity, Respect ---

"Gotta get yo'self a gangsta physique!"
jah_militant

Postby XkillerX » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:01 am

day 1 of 2008 toxic city jazz festival.

DEPART - they rocked the house. erhm, jazzed it. they got me so hyped i bought both of their cds... and then made them sign it.

UNIT 5 - domestic veterans of jazz. five stars, as well. not as unique as depart, though.

youth brigade of the belgrade big band - played various "well known" lounge hits. top fun, as well.
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby The Duke » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:18 pm

Last night. Stranglers. Manchester. Front row, middle. Quite violent. I'm too old and I hurt.
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby _Andreas_ » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:31 pm

Saw GBH and Rancid on sat.

GBH were pretty good and rancid amazing
The rancid set was the best cardio ever. 1h 20mins of pure skanking; must have sweated out about 2 kg :shock:
_Andreas_

Postby The Duke » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:09 am

Saw Motorhead at the weekend supported by Saxon.

Saxon were fun, if a little old and doddery. Been a while since I've seen them and was relieved to observe that they have given up the licra.

Did a couple of songs off there new album which sounded esxactly like any other Saxon songs.

Highlights were "Denim and Leather" and "747" shame there was no "Wheeels of steeeal!"

Oh yeah, for some reason they had 10 little plastic skulls on stage: they are old enough to know better!!!

Motorhead were awesome.

Three blokes playing the rawist, loudest, rock and roll on the planet.

We had stay clean, overkill, rosalea, OTT, Ace of spades, kiled by death, and whorehouse blues. Loads of other stuff too. hour and half just went.

Did motorhead used to be louder? I think so. Used to be that when you saw them you used to be deaf for a week!! Now its justa couple of days. Probably afucking law about it or something.

Mind you, if there were a law about it in the seventies I might not be half deaf now!!

If you get a chance to see motorhead just go. Don't ever pass it up. Never seen a duff motorhead gig. I know its not the original line up, but in fairness even the original line of phil and eddir were not actually the original lineup so .. ... so what.

They are hard.

As Lemmy says "We are Motorhead, and we play ROCK AND ROLL". They do what it says on the tin. No props, just a bass, some drums, a guitar, and some vocals.

Can you really ask for more?

I can't. My life is richer for having seen Motorhead again. Also, when they played The Ace of Spades I kept thinking of my old cat "The Ace".

As for Saxon? Well may the band play on. :wink: Rock and Roll needs some fun and Saxon give that in Spades.
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby Henri » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:26 am

Last week I saw Monster Magnet, Nebula and Turku Romantic Movement. All of those were good, but not brilliant this time. Anyways I enjoyed a lot.
Henri

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:34 pm

Leonard Cohen, at the NEC last night.

Hasn't toured for 15 years. Loved it. He was amazing ! :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby benzilla » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Napalm Death finally! I missed'em in Oz in the 90's cause i wasn't quite 18, then they toured again when i was over here. After 10 years of pain! (not quite)

They were fucking awesome, played quite a few old songs from Scum, Enslavement etc..
The new songs from their next album, Time Waits For No Slave sounded great as well! :shock: :D
benzilla

Postby bronco » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:29 pm

The Duke wrote:Saxon were fun, if a little old and doddery. Been a while since I've seen them and was relieved to observe that they have given up the licra.

Did a couple of songs off there new album which sounded esxactly like any other Saxon songs.

Highlights were "Denim and Leather" and "747" shame there was no "Wheeels of steeeal!"

No princess of the night :) ?

The Duke wrote:If you get a chance to see motorhead just go. Don't ever pass it up. Never seen a duff motorhead gig. I know its not the original line up, but in fairness even the original line of phil and eddir were not actually the original lineup so .. ... so what.

I agree, even though I havent seen them in there prime (think first motorhead gig I saw was in 94) everyone has been good. Good news is that they are playing stockholm in two weeks, solid stuff :) .

Anyway I went to two excellent gigs this weekend.

First I saw local heroes diskonto backed up by bastards of the universe and the oldtimer legends rävjunk. It was all very good, especially diskonto kicked some major ass and there was a decent amount of action going on with stuff flying around and punks moshing etc.

Yesterday I went to see slayer on the unholy alliance tour. Last time I saw them they seemed a bit tired so I didnt have my hopes to high, but this time they were in truly prime condition :D . One of the best gigs Ive been to as far as I can remember (allthough I have a very short memory). I started to wish life could be one continuos slayer concert. They played some somewhat unexpected old classics like ghosts of war and live undead, and ended the concert with playing complete reign in blood album song by song :D .
bronco
Site Admin

Postby XkillerX » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:34 pm

mária ligeti bálint: the book of sounds.

contemporary classical music. fantastic pieces by monica lynn and hans otte and various experimental crap by schaeffer, john cage and károlyi pál.

overall, mixed feelings but so glad i was there!
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby benzilla » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:21 am

Grief and Trap Them last night!

Trap Them were good, probably would have enjoyed them more if i was familiar with their material. Grieft were great though, really heavy, catchy depressed as fuck!

I'll have to check out that Diskonto link later, i think i've heard of 'em before.
benzilla

Postby erske » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:47 pm

bronco wrote:Yesterday I went to see slayer on the unholy alliance tour. Last time I saw them they seemed a bit tired so I didnt have my hopes to high, but this time they were in truly prime condition :D . One of the best gigs Ive been to as far as I can remember (allthough I have a very short memory). I started to wish life could be one continuos slayer concert. They played some somewhat unexpected old classics like ghosts of war and live undead, and ended the concert with playing complete reign in blood album song by song :D .

Me and my good friend "anniversary Guy" was there to... :D It was absolutely divine... Top 1% best moments of my life :D I especially enjoyed when he introduced cult as a happy song about love and peace :twisted: AWESOME
Something irrelevant about cavemen
erske

Postby the crazyest vegan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 pm

the venga boy's and goldie lookin chain played at my end of year ball at aberystwyth, they were terrable apart from the lol factor of the welsh rapers :P
the crazyest vegan

PreviousNext

Return to Culture