Bench is all there is

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Bench is all there is

Postby Konstantin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Not sure where to go after the marathon, but there's plenty of ideas. There won't be another marathon for a while, the training neccesary was time consuming and there's plenty else going on that gets squeezed. At the moment priorities include:

Shorter distance events. I've been wanting to improve my 10k time for a while now. My longer training has made HM an easy distance now so I'd like a crack at that too. I can easily do 2 speed session a week.

Core and upper body. I don't want to be a skinny runner (no offence to skinny runners) and have more natural abilityin strength and core than in running, so it would be a shame to lose it. I fancy having a crack at the 100 press ups course, and want to do plenty of Hindus and clap press ups too.

Lets see what happens. :? :?
Last edited by Konstantin on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 am, edited 21 times in total.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby baldy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:49 am

Bring on the pushups..
My Crack pipe goal for VFW 2009 is to take you down in pushups.. Lets get it on..
baldy
Site Admin

Postby james79 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Nice to see a new log but it's a shame you and baldy are not still banging out the miles :wink:

It's nice having a good upper body but it's the lean wolf that leads the pack. Forget appearance.
Don't let your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins
james79

Re: Working title

Postby KaliBaby » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Papaya wrote:Core and upper body. I don't want to be a skinny runner (no offence to skinny runners) and have more natural abilityin strength and core than in running, so it would be a shame to lose it...

That's what HE said too :lol:
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby emm7 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:57 pm

excellent Papaya so you have got a whole new set of goals now to keep you fresh, that is good :D

re. Wolves all shape and size of wolf seem equally wolverine to me, the best wolf is a happy playful wolf that stays warm in the winter :D :D :D
emm7

Postby Crash » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Good luck with your goals Papaya! 8)
Demolisher of faces and my enemies beards (no matter where they are located) since 2002.

www.PCRM.org
Click here to help homeless animals.

All truth goes through 3 stages - 1st it's ridiculed. Then it's violently opposed. Finally it's accepted as self-evident.
Crash

Postby SpugFab » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:24 pm

james79 wrote:It's nice having a good upper body but it's the lean wolf that leads the pack.

It's the biggest, fattest orangutan that leads that pack though.

It's said that they are our closest relatives.
SpugFab

Postby Konstantin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:49 pm

james79 wrote:Nice to see a new log but it's a shame you and baldy are not still banging out the miles :wink:

Yes, I enjoyed seeing my totals exceed all expectations. But it wasn't sustainable, I've got a lot of committments and a lot of things I want to do. The long runs were taking most of a day and I was missing out on things. Not to say I wont do it again sometime.

Thanks for the picture Kali :shock: .

Baldy, I'm going to start that 100 press ups plan. It will only take a few minutes each day. I dunno if I'll ever hit my old 3 -digit sets but lets see what happens. I'm also gonna do a shed load of Hindu Pres ups because they rock in the extreme. If you want to have a Hindu-off I'll take you on.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby gms » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:57 pm

Good luck with your new goals! As long as one of them isn't looking like Kali's picture :lol:
gms

Postby gms » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:59 pm

What 10k time are you aiming for? Good luck with your new goals! As long as one of them isn't looking like Kali's picture :lol:

Did I miss the Paypal info somewhere?
gms

Postby Konstantin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:13 pm

gms wrote:What 10k time are you aiming for?

45:36

Erske has long been my target, if I climb above him I'll also get above Baldy. My 10k PB is over 2 years old, it's time I smashed it to tiny pieces.

Friday
Hindu Press Ups
25, 20, 18, 15, stopped feeling nauseus. I must warm up first.

Saturday
Lots of childcare and driving. Late afternoon felt tired and ready to sleep but have been meaning to do a speed session since Thursday. I did intervals, 3 mins hard, 2 mins easy x 10. 1 mile warm up, 1 mile esy finish. Felt good and glad I did it. I want to do 2 speed sessions per week and am trying to work out a route for a longer Tempo run than 1 mile. The problem is it's all hills round here. I'll work something out.

Sunday
Deck of cards:
Hindu Press Up
2 x Sit up with medicine ball, throw and catch
2 x Z-Bar bicep curls (20kg)
Hindu Squat.

About 35 minutes.

Monday

Went disco with a Z-Bar, 20kg
1 set of 60 reps, 1 set 45, 1 set about 20.

Tuesday

Temp run, 4 x 8 mins off 2 min rest. I reckon I was doing 7 min miles, which is odd. I do a measured mile in singles at 6:45 which isn't much quicker.
Last edited by Konstantin on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Konstantin

Postby baldy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:43 am

james79 wrote:it's a shame you and baldy are not still banging out the miles :wink:

I am trying to get about 20-25km in a week. Maybe not banging them out but still keeping my eye in. Next week the results of the London Marathon ballot come out :)

Sorry for hijacking your training log papaya..
baldy
Site Admin

Postby james79 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:20 pm

baldy wrote:
james79 wrote:it's a shame you and baldy are not still banging out the miles :wink:

I am trying to get about 20-25km in a week. Maybe not banging them out but still keeping my eye in. Next week the results of the London Marathon ballot come out :)

Sorry for hijacking your training log papaya..

Nice one. Hope you get in. I'm going to have another bash next year. We normally have a Vegan Runners meet up at the end and get some food.
Don't let your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins
james79

Postby Konstantin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Wed & Thurs

Rest days. Not feeling 100%, not sleeping well.

Fri

Just went out and did hill sprints. Didn't feel 100% still, but still got up further than expected. Maybe part of this is tht I'm slightly lighter. A few press ups, I've at least started the race now.

Sat

Continued the race and did a pack of cards - Press ups, press ups,Hindu Squats and V-ups

Sun
75 mins of Fartleks and hills. Press ups.

Mon
Rest day. Slept really badly.

Tues
Press ups.
Run of about 6.5 miles (?), accidentally it went Tempo run-ish, 55:40.

Wed
Pack of cards:
Press Up
Press Up
2 x Bicep curls on Z Bar 20kg
Hindu Squat
Last edited by Konstantin on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Konstantin

Postby emm7 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 pm

hope you feel better soon!
emm7

Next

Return to Training Logs