Falafel

Share your tasty and/or healthy recipes here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby akooha » Wed May 21, 2008 12:54 am

Doesn't anyone use tahini mixed with mint, lemon juice, salt and water for dipping sauce? I assure you - it's fantastic in combination with falafel and pita bread. Also, a nice variation is to add finely chopped green spanish pepper to the mix.
May all beings experience true happiness, true freedom.
akooha

Postby Man On Bike. » Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 pm

akooha wrote:Doesn't anyone use tahini mixed with mint, lemon juice, salt and water for dipping sauce? I assure you - it's fantastic in combination with falafel and pita bread. Also, a nice variation is to add finely chopped green spanish pepper to the mix.
I used to make that but withot the mint, because I had no mint growing in my garden.
Man On Bike.

Postby xbojanx » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 am

Pseudo falafel is also good stuff, this original recipe is great starting point for various combinations :P
xbojanx

Postby owningeverything » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:06 pm

chloe wrote:i BAKE mine,..
and i make my sauce out of vegan mayo,lemon juice, herbs, salt, GARLIC!! a little soyamilk and a dash of hemp or flaxseed oil.
delliiicccious,!

Do you have recipe for baking it?? I've never heard of that! You hear falafel and you automatically think fried..which is delicious but obviously not the healthiest choice.
owningeverything

Postby chloe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:13 pm

i have a pretty base recipe,i dont add or do anything different and then form em chuck em in the oven on baking paper rather than in oil.
They might not be your standard idea of what a felafel should be but they are delicious and are minus the extra calories. And eaten with dipping sauce and salad etc, you dont notice that they are drier.
chloe

Re:

Postby fuzzy » Fri May 21, 2010 12:53 pm

chloe wrote:i BAKE mine,..
and i make my sauce out of vegan mayo,lemon juice, herbs, salt, GARLIC!! a little soyamilk and a dash of hemp or flaxseed oil.
delliiicccious,!

Do you have a recipe/directions for baking falafel? I'm not really interested in greasy/fried foods and so this might be more interesting than regular falafel, to me.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Re: Falafel

Postby Hiking Fox » Fri May 21, 2010 6:50 pm

You would have to make them very flat, or they will be raw in the middle.
Hiking Fox

Previous

Return to Vegan Recipes