Fedor Emelianenko

Styles, training, conditioning, equipment - everything related to Martial Arts.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby sonnyd7 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:04 pm

spug_myers wrote:C'mon guys, it's a win over Tim Sylvia. Hardly cements your greatness regardless of how quickly it happens.

Fedor still has plenty to prove in my opinion. Not as the best heavyweight at the moment as I think that's clear. But to call him the greatest (or even P4P #1) his level of opposition must be better. Hong-man Choi, middleweight Linland and Mark Coleman just don't cut it.

He's beaten nogeira twice, that's impressive (currently the UFC HW champion, ex-Pride HW champ until fedor beat him). He can retire now and would be already considered the best MMA Heavyweight of all time. Give credit where it's due, he is THAT good.

He would mop the floor with randy couture, and beat anyone on the UFC roster. Only challenge left for him at HW is probably arlovski or barnett. Other than that, I don't see anyone with a chance in hell.
Surfing is the art of dancing with the ocean
sonnyd7

Postby sonnyd7 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Marty wrote:I thought Andys win over Irvine was more impressive.
Syliva = big lumbering oaf (fe fi fo fum springs to mind)
Irvine = Dangerous dynamic striker
And Anderson made him look awful, bulk him up a bit (he says he walks at 215) and I think he'd tear Fedor a new one

Irvin isn't a top level fighter. Anytime he's faced decent competition, he's lost, and his best win is against Terry Martin who's a B level 185er.

Sylvia as much as people hate on him, is a top 5 HW with legit wins under his belt, you can't compare the two.

I love A. Silva but come on, he won't be able to jump from 185 to HW and beat fedor. Fedor's fought way more dangerous strikers at HW than anderson (cro cop, semmy schilt), the size difference would be too much for AS. That's why there's weight classes.

granted silva looked good against a bigger opponent in irvin, but we're talking not only a jump to HW here, but also fighting the best in that weight class (which irvin isn't even close to being the best at 205)
sonnyd7

Postby No other way » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:00 am

it blows my mind that people doubt fedor. he has fought and beat the best in the world in their primes. silva while really good hasn't fought anyone compared to fedor. so he beat rich franklin (who isn't that good) and dan henderson (who was coming off a lose to rampage) other than that he hasn't fought anyone that skilled.

fedor has fought people 80 pounds heavier and 10 inches taller and has won. silva has fought people his same size. don't forget silva walks around at 220. he's not a small guy by any means. he could easily make weight against fedor and lose. why is size an issue for silva but not fedor? because fedor is the best ever.
No other way

Postby Edison Carasio » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:00 pm

Fedor is a relatively small HW. He's just 6 feet tall and only weighs 230, and he normally looks doughy. He fights only 15 lbs. heavier than Silva walks around at. Fedor is just amazing. Other fighters say it, and all the respectable MMA news sources agree. Who's correct: The entire fight world or arm chair warriors?

And I can just see the day Fedor loses:

LOL did u see dat??/ fedor losses he sucks lol omfg wut a scrub!!11!

Even though it would be his first loss in years, and the ONLY real defeat of his career. If he lost his next fight, he would be 28-2-1. The best record in MMA.
Edison Carasio

Postby SpugFab » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Edison Carasio wrote:Who's correct: The entire fight world or arm chair warriors?

I could throw that line out anytime we try to discuss sport though couldn't I? It's a shame the ENTIRE FIGHT WORLD can't sign up to VF to give us the lowdown himself.

Since when was there anything wrong with enjoying a sport from your armchair and wishing to comment on it?

For the top heavyweight in the world his opposition has been poor. It's maybe not his fault, but it's a fact. What is it, 3 or 4 years since Crocop? You won't find one section of the ENTIRE FIGHT WORLD who wasn't bemoaning his inactivity prior to the Sylvia fight.

Sylvia was coming off two losses in three fights FFS.
SpugFab

Postby Edison Carasio » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 pm

Spug, I think your taking that the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with discussing a sport you enjoy. My take is that it seems most people dog Fedor simply to be counter culture, if not for anything else.

But I guess that's the nature of sports.
Edison Carasio

Postby SpugFab » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:46 pm

Ah I see.

To us "wannabe but never was" warriors "armchair warrior" is seen as a bit of an insult.
SpugFab

Postby Edison Carasio » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:13 pm

spug_myers wrote:Ah I see.

To us "wannabe but never was" warriors "armchair warrior" is seen as a bit of an insult.

We'll chalk it up to misunderstanding communication. :wink:
Edison Carasio

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXmbO9Oy ... re=related

I just watched this, brilliant, I didn't get why he tapped out at first, the reply showed it to me.

What baffles me is Fedor is always so calm, no matter what the size of the guy, no matter how worked up the other guy is, he's so calm, how does he do that?
Asleep on a sunbeam

Postby Edison Carasio » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Asleep on a sunbeam, I think there could be several possible reasons for that.

First possibility: Fedor has no fear. He is confident in himself and his skills over the opponent and fears no man.

Second possibility: Fedor has amazing self control and discipline. He is trained and conditioned to hide every thing. If Fedor knows pain, fear, happiness or anger he will not let anyone see.

Third possibility: He is a cyborg created by the greatest scientific minds Russia has to offer.

Chances are, it's option 2 with a hint of 1. He is a man after all, he just knows how to put himself in a place that he needs to be mentally. He knows how good he is, so there's nothing to fear. Even if he loses, it's just a job that he has to do and he knows that.
Edison Carasio

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Edison Carasio wrote:Asleep on a sunbeam, I think there could be several possible reasons for that.

First possibility: Fedor has no fear. He is confident in himself and his skills over the opponent and fears no man.

Second possibility: Fedor has amazing self control and discipline. He is trained and conditioned to hide every thing. If Fedor knows pain, fear, happiness or anger he will not let anyone see.

Third possibility: He is a cyborg created by the greatest scientific minds Russia has to offer.

Chances are, it's option 2 with a hint of 1. He is a man after all, he just knows how to put himself in a place that he needs to be mentally. He knows how good he is, so there's nothing to fear. Even if he loses, it's just a job that he has to do and he knows that.

it's gotta be 3!
Asleep on a sunbeam

Postby XkillerX » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:42 pm

he's a cyborg, without a doubt. ever since i saw the fight where he got suplexed on his head/neck, and didnt even blink, i knew it was fishy. then, when crocop kicked him in the head a couple of times, and he ignored that as well, i knew he wasnt human. now here's a link for the folks who havent caught the latest fight yet. clickety click here

fedor will mop the floor with the competition for a long time to come. he's a natural born killer.
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby Asleep on a sunbeam » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 pm

XkillerX wrote:he's a cyborg, without a doubt. ever since i saw the fight where he got suplexed on his head/neck, and didnt even blink, i knew it was fishy. then, when crocop kicked him in the head a couple of times, and he ignored that as well, i knew he wasnt human. now here's a link for the folks who havent caught the latest fight yet. clickety click here

fedor will mop the floor with the competition for a long time to come. he's a natural born killer.

Got a streamer??
Asleep on a sunbeam

Postby sonnyd7 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:08 am

sonnyd7

Postby Marty » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:53 am

I wasnt trying to be counter culture, I genuinely believe that A Silva is the baddest dude out there. Fedor is awesome no doubt, but Silva IMHO is on another planet.
Marty

Previous

Return to Martial Arts