The Warehouse Cafe, Birmingham

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

The Warehouse Cafe, Birmingham

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Tue May 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Paid a visit to the Warehouse today, at 54-57 Allison Street, Birmingham.

The food was fantastic. All vegetarian, with a vegan option on everything, but most stuff was vegan from the start.

Started with a salad, asparagus, spring greens, pine nuts etc. Best salad I have had for years. Main course was butternut squash, with roasted veg, rice, various other bits and bobs. Again, one of the best meals I have had for years. Finished with Rhubarb crumble, with soya cream. Again, it was superb. Drank their own Rhubarb lemonade.

Everything was advertised as organic. Service was friendly and polite. Quick too.

I would recommend it to anyone. Vegan or not. It really was great food !

www. the warehousecafe.com

And I haven't even got shares in the company ! :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby alit » Fri May 09, 2008 9:32 pm

I love the Warehouse, have never had bad service or a not nice meal there!

Been going years, might have to do a slight diversion tomorrow to lunch there, as not been for 6 weeks....

Noticed they have some job vacancies coming up over summer, be one good place to work there :D
alit

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sat May 10, 2008 8:24 am

I was very impressed. Couldn't find anything to fault about it ! Except its too far away from me ! If they would move forty miles west, I would be happy ! :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby alit » Sat May 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Its great there :D I went for lunch today and had that fresh asparagus salad for starters and I agree it was wonderful!

Then had a mixed vegetable and chick pea tagine with herb infused cous cous and garlic soya yoghurt dressing, really fresh and tasty.

Too full for pud but got a slice of apple and pear upside down cake for tomorrow :D

There is a special evening coming up there if anyones interested, I might well be starting a table up?

Heres the info:

Thursday 22 May: Pradeep cooks a taste of Sri Lanka for National Vegetarian Week
To celebrate National Vegetarian Week we have persuaded Pradeep to cook us some traditional Sri Lankan dishes.

Summer tropical fruit punch

Starter selection to share
Coconut salsa, onion salad, two lentil vadai, coconut and green chilli flatbread

Main courses
Lentil, pumpkin and spinach curry, hot cabbage and spring onion stir-fry, special rice; or

Red lentil and coconut curry, fried aubergine and cashew nut salad, yellow rice

Dessert
Fresh tropical fruit selection; or

Mango fool with cardamom and pistachios, lemongrass syrup

Tickets are £16 for 3 courses and a pitcher of tropical fruit punch for your table. Places are available all evening from 6.30p.m. To book telephone the café on 0121 633 0261 or email info@thewarehousecafe.com .
alit

Postby Frosty » Tue May 27, 2008 9:13 pm

I love The Warehouse Cafe, the food is excellent there. I'm not in Brum that much these days, but last went for dinner, and then breakfast the following morning a couple of weeks ago. It's a little bit out of the way, if you're travelling by train (although I believe Moor Street station is close by), but certainly worth getting down there.
We've won it two times. http://theveganfootballer.wordpress.com www.twitter.com/FrostySCFC
Frosty

Postby Man On Bike. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:43 am

I'd eat there more often, but my appetite is too big and my wallet too small. :(
Man On Bike.

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews