death/black/dark metal

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Animal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:58 pm

Glad you liked it.

And now, for the ultimate grindcore experience....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs

Rumors about this outfit being national socialist are grossly inaccurate.
Don't believe the hype.
"Ghastly I slake
Bestial appetites to sate
As flesh and steel I mate
To fill the lower species' plate..."
- Carcass, 1991
User avatar
Animal
Member
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Postby Muay Jin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUk3w2-c ... re=related

SNAP!

As to the nazi thing, I wouldn't be so sure, y'know Bert and Ernie also have a lot of other things hidden in the closet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqWaU5Hv0IE
There is no try, only do.
User avatar
Muay Jin
Active Member
 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Arawn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Another grind death vegan band, Justice Department

http://www.myspace.com/justicedepartment
http://www.justicedepartment.tk/

To answer to Muay Jin, the "Black Legions" are no more but Mutiilation still exist. I never have really hear them cause true underground black metal is not my favorite even if recently I begin to hear raw bands or album like the first Abigor and Heathen of Wyrd.

Hi Animal, I've seen the page of your dead veg'metal forum. Same motivation same idea, world is little, isn't it ?
User avatar
Arawn
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: France

Postby Muay Jin » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:33 am

I suppose this thread is the world's foremost vegmetal forum no?
There is no try, only do.
User avatar
Muay Jin
Active Member
 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby JP » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Muay Jin wrote:I suppose this thread is the world's foremost vegmetal forum no?


Googling "vegan death metal" gives this thread as the sixth hit!
User avatar
JP
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19228
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Postby erske » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:28 pm

JP wrote:
Muay Jin wrote:I suppose this thread is the world's foremost vegmetal forum no?


Googling "vegan death metal" gives this thread as the sixth hit!


Let's pump it up to number one! :D

A bit disco perhaps but how would you classify arch enemy? the singer is vegan I believe!?
Something irrelevant about cavemen
User avatar
erske
Active Member
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Sweden

Postby fist of doom » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 am

Concerning metalcore

a genre that is now unlikeable, but there was a time when it was fresh and exciting. Ringworm's "the promise" was really good as was Integrity's "Humanity is the Devil"

the intertwining of music and politics is touchy;
bad brains are one of my all time favs, but at times are blatantly homophobic (don't burst no bubbles)
burzum's politics and actions are absurd, yet they are an amazing band
i like skrewdriver and impaled nazarene but hate what they stand for.
to a lesser extent, i love beer, but i also love Minor Threat, SSD, and Earth Crisis
regardless, imho, the nationalist/racist/homophobic bands just aren't very good to begin with

and
just got turned on to Wolves in the Throne Room's 2 hunters and it's easily the best thing i've heard all year. i
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." -Charles Bukowski
User avatar
fist of doom
Member
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:29 pm
Location: PGH

Postby Arawn » Wed May 14, 2008 4:07 pm

erske wrote:
JP wrote:
Muay Jin wrote:I suppose this thread is the world's foremost vegmetal forum no?


Googling "vegan death metal" gives this thread as the sixth hit!


Let's pump it up to number one! :D

A bit disco perhaps but how would you classify arch enemy? the singer is vegan I believe!?


She's vegetarian, borderline vegan because she is allergic to most milk products. but she eat goat cheese.

According to her myspace page, she grew up without meat. She don't like the idea of eating a dead animal, a corpse, carcass. And She dont like the meat industry, it's mass production and exploitation of animals.


Arch enemy, it's "Gotenburg death metal" or a mix of thrash and melodic death metal
User avatar
Arawn
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: France

Postby askantik » Tue May 27, 2008 7:29 pm

I joined this so I can revive this thread :D

I'm a vegan who enjoys melodic death metal, some black metal, thrash, and some others.

Just found a former vegan metal band. It is kind of metalcore, but whatev... http://www.myspace.com/xreprisalx

I wish there were some more vegan metalheads around here... I want to start a band :)
askantik
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Tupelo, MS

Postby james79 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:06 pm

askantik wrote:
Just found a former vegan metal band. It is kind of metalcore, but whatev... http://www.myspace.com/xreprisalx



'War for Refoundation' is a tune! Their first album is almost pure death metal and a bit crap really. Their second album was fairly decent metalcore and then on their 3rd album they tried to sound like Madball or something and it didn't really work. Years ago I interviewed Reprisal for my old zine - they played in Liverpool once but had to stop after about 4 songs because of fighting in the crowd. Memories...

Speaking of Italian vegan metal - anyone remember Purification?
Check these guys out too:
http://www.myspace.com/xdestroybabylonx
You can download the album for free.
Don't let your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins
User avatar
james79
Active Member
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:11 am
Location: Liverpool, UK

Postby alessioisonfire » Wed May 28, 2008 2:03 pm

there are quite a few who promote this lifestyle although they may not be death metal..

i killed the prom queen (rip) is one of them, all the members as far as i know were vegan and straight edge.
even the last of their frontmans, ed butcher (who is now in eternal lord) is a vegan straight edge. former is metalcore, latter deathcore..

check them out on myspace:
I Killed The Prom Queen
Eternal Lord
alessioisonfire
Active Member
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: London, UK

Postby xJimx » Wed May 28, 2008 3:13 pm

james79 wrote:'War for Refoundation' is a tune! Their first album is almost pure death metal and a bit crap really. Their second album was fairly decent metalcore and then on their 3rd album they tried to sound like Madball or something and it didn't really work. Years ago I interviewed Reprisal for my old zine - they played in Liverpool once but had to stop after about 4 songs because of fighting in the crowd. Memories...

Speaking of Italian vegan metal - anyone remember Purification?
Check these guys out too:
http://www.myspace.com/xdestroybabylonx
You can download the album for free.


The last Reprisal album has the most unintentionally hilarious lyrics I've ever heard. Also rather ironic that an album with so many references to sellouts features guest appearances from members of Integrity!

Destroy Babylon actually sound quite a lot like latter-day Reprisal, though I don't think they feature any ex-members. Musically it's OK, but I'm not keen on the hardline politics.

I used to quite like Purification, though I heard a rumour (which could be bullsh*t) that some of the members had rather fascist political views :?:
DYEL
xJimx
Active Member
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: Derby, UK

Postby _Andreas_ » Wed May 28, 2008 3:29 pm

alessioisonfire wrote:there are quite a few who promote this lifestyle although they may not be death metal..

i killed the prom queen (rip) is one of them, all the members as far as i know were vegan and straight edge.
even the last of their frontmans, ed butcher (who is now in eternal lord) is a vegan straight edge. former is metalcore, latter deathcore..

check them out on myspace:
I Killed The Prom Queen
Eternal Lord


when I was in Australia on my gap year I think I saw the last IKPQ gig with ed butcher - they were abysmal :D
User avatar
_Andreas_
Active Member
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:26 am
Location: London, UK

Postby alessioisonfire » Wed May 28, 2008 4:30 pm

oh, lucky you! i never had the chance to see them..
they're now on their final australian and only goodbye tour but crafter is back on the vocals :D
alessioisonfire
Active Member
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: London, UK

Postby runrevolt » Wed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

I never really listened to Purification, but being friends with Kurt of Catalyst Records...he would give me all the extra shirts and stuff he'd get from Europe...so I always rocked that Purification/Animal Liberation shirt with the winged ALF person on the back. I loved that shirt.
http://www.runvegan.wordpress.com
runrevolt
Active Member
 
Posts: 1092
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:04 am
Location: hoosier heartland - u.$.

PreviousNext

Return to Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest