Richmond, Virginia

Travel and location information for vegans, restaurant, hotel, B&B etc reviews. If you want to meet people from some area, post here.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux

Richmond, Virginia

Postby Webb » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:56 am

Theres a nice place called Panda Veg, which most locals are familiar with. If you're in the area you should definitely check it out. Its 100% vegan chinese foods, and they have a buffet on the weekends. Unfortunately business hasn't been so great for them lately so this is another great reason to come and support them.
Webb

Postby No other way » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:09 am

i've heard from a couple really good sources that panda veg is no longer vegan but still advertises it. that's probably why they don't get much business. china panda is where it's at when it comes to vegan chinese.
No other way

Postby Webb » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:37 am

Really? I haven't heard this. Well as long as it was at least veggie I wont go throw up. Where is China Panda? There is one I can think of but isn't definitely isnt vegan
Webb

Postby No other way » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:18 am

it's on the corner of sheppard and patterson. just have to ask for the mock version of whatever you want.
No other way

Postby Webb » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:28 am

Oh, the one I know has an alright selection of mock stuff, maybe its the same chain.

while Im thinking of it, they dont put lard or anything in vegetable lo-mein do they?
Webb

Postby No other way » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:05 am

where are you talking about? some where specific or in general? it depends place to place.
No other way

Postby richmondryan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:16 pm

I've heard the same rumors from two ex workers at Panda Veg. One a vegan who stopped working there when he found out what they were doing. Very few items are vegan the last I heard. Some of the items included fish sauce. It's too bad, I used to love eating there and when it was on the other side of the street.
I don't live in Richmond now, but I remember there being a China Panda on Midlothian Turnpike also. Midlothian and Robious.
Sticky Rice rules for their vegan sushi and the vegan caesar salad at Ipanema never disappoints. The last time I was in town I tried a sandwich and muffin at Crossroads near VCU and was pleasantly surprised. I only wish there as many places to eat vegan in Richmond before I moved away.
I hear a Whole Foods will be located in the Fan on Cary where the current bus garage is.
Now that I think about it, instant access to MTB trails, running, kayaking and decent road rides, why did I leave?
X Ryan
richmondryan

Postby No other way » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:13 am

same thing i've been thinking. i'm moving back to richmond in two weeks. i can't wait for the summer.
No other way

Postby Webb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:12 am

That makes me really mad. The fish sauce or something completely non vegan is probably what made me sick last time I was there.

Anyways I was just wondering about China Panda
Webb

Postby No other way » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:15 am

if you tell them you want it vegan they will make it 100% vegan. i'm pretty sure they are vegan because everyone i know who has oredered nonvegan food gets a lot worse service than someone who get vegan food.
No other way

Postby Webb » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:44 pm

Ive been asking around and heard some mixed answers on the subject, but a friend of mine went there the other day and I meant to ask him what he heard/ though of this.
Webb

Return to Travel, Locations and Reviews