free vegan fitness decals

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby Dave Noisy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:08 am

Whoa dude, i dunno what kinda monster bikes you've got in Ohio, but 10" is still waaay too big! =)

1"x5" is plenty sticker for a bike!
Dave Noisy

Postby wannalift » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:01 pm

this is a great idea. 18" seems pretty huge. what about 10" or 12". i also like the last design. let me know as soon as these come off the line.
also, what about a circular decal that says team vegan around the perimeter and someone with a barbell in a locked out overhead postion in the middle. that would be hot.
~david
wannalift

Postby Frostfire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:46 pm

If I understand correctly, tylerm only has a vinyl cutter, so can't do pictures and stuff, that requires other equipment. Only decals. I could be wrong though. Still plenty of options with the vinyl lettering! :D
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby tylerm » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:11 pm

I use a vinyl cutter, though I can cut anything that is in vector format. That is, an adobe illustrator file, or corel draw file, or any other vector based software.. I use a PC..

I can make some smaller ones for those of you who want them for your bikes, making large quantities of small ones would be a real pain in the ass. These decals are cut out of a solid colored sheet of adhesive-backed vinyl. I then take an xacto knife and pull away all the material I don't want, the centers of O's, e's, etc, as well as all the vinyl around the lettering. So, for very small lettering, especially around .5" or less, it gets really time consuming and irritating. BUT since it is for fellow vegans, I will make the smaller ones for those who want them, in whatever color, if white isn't what you want on your bike.

Rochelle is sending me the font used for the veganfitness.net logo in the top left corner, so I am thinking of just going with that so everything matches. I will post it and get everyones input before I produce anything. I should have these decals ready by the end of the week, though.

As far as the size, 10" or so is fine, I am used to doing things like work vans and semi trailers, with lettering a couple feet high and maybe 30 or 40 feet long, so my point of view is a bit skewed. I will just do an assortment, maybe some 18" for those who really want to represent, some 10" ones and then some smaller 5" or so for the biker guys. Now that you got a schooling in vinyl graphics, you can get back to the fitness related posts :)
tylerm

Postby J » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:18 pm

I want one.

Hey Tylerm here's a site for you. http://www.freewayblogger.com/index.htm
J

Postby Mary » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:51 pm

How will we get them in the UK?
Mary

Postby fredrikw » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:09 pm

if you could do them 1"x5" that would be great! I want one for all my bikes :D

when actually converting the figures I must say the same thing as Dave, 10" is quite large to fit on a bike... which reminds me of a wonderful movie including a scene with a miniature stonehenge (slightly off-topic here :) ), this feet/inches things are confusing....
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby tylerm » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:10 pm

[quote="Mary"]How will we get them in the UK?

I am going to make up the batch for you guys and gals on the other side of the Atlantic and send them to Joni, he can take care of distributing them over there, and I will mail them out to the North Americans, and to any other countries if need be. That will help save me on postage...
tylerm

Postby tylerm » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:11 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]if you could do them 1"x5" that would be great! I want one for all my bikes :D

when actually converting the figures I must say the same thing as Dave, 10" is quite large to fit on a bike... which reminds me of a wonderful movie including a scene with a miniature stonehenge (slightly off-topic here :) ), this feet/inches things are confusing....

1' x 5' you say? no probem :)
tylerm

Postby fredrikw » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:15 am

[quote="tylerm"]1' x 5' you say? no probem :)

:D :D
I could use this to tie my bikes together.
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Noisy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:49 pm

bwahahah

Thanks for doing this and accomodating us Tyler!

I really like the 'TEAM VEGAN' ones too...nice and generic, but still says something.
Dave Noisy

Postby kettlebellnut » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:59 pm

[quote]1' x 5' you say? no probem

but Tyler, will they go to 11?

:lol:

I can't wait to stick one of these on my car!

-
kettlebellnut

Postby tylerm » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:42 pm

[quote="vegmason"][quote]1' x 5' you say? no probem

but Tyler, will they go to 11?

:lol:

I can't wait to stick one of these on my car!

-

11? man, these things rock out at a 12.
tylerm

Postby stateofflux » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:21 am

hm, I screwed up and gave Tyler the wrong font- it's not Terminator but EARTH, so if they look nothing like the header above, it's my fault :?
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby tylerm » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:54 pm

[quote="Rochelle"]hm, I screwed up and gave Tyler the wrong font- it's not Terminator but EARTH, so if they look nothing like the header above, it's my fault :?

It was no problem, Rochelle, I could have duplicated it exactly without the proper font, but the font did make it alot quicker and easier :)

How's that? I changed the 'T' for legibility purposes, and I increased the size of the V and F, so it will be easier to read, as the words all run together in a web address. I can start making these up today, and get them sent out shortly. If anyone has any comments or changes, post today!
tylerm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion