Diet coke & gum?

Going vegan and new vegans in need of support or information.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Diet coke & gum?

Postby kelsey » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:27 pm

aliquis wrote:
kelsey wrote:Hi there would anyone be able to help me?

I have not eaten meat and fish for a long time and now I have decided to take the next step and go vegan but I want to know if these things are vegan friendly cos I have a lot of them - diet coke and sugarfree gum?

I also have a very sweet tooth and love chocolate and ice cream so is there anything aside from fresh and dried fruit I can have to satisfy my sweet tooth?

Cheers,
Kelsey
Both coke and atleast wrigleys gums are supposed to be ok.
Dark chocolate, anything from plamil and soy icecream are ok aswell.

I lost my sweet tooth about 2wks after going vegan.

But now i cant get anough of savoury stuff...samosas, chips, etc Lol :wink:
kelsey

Postby moggy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:46 pm

I really wish Aspartame was banned- I get severe stomach pain with it, and I hate to think of the effect it has on all the kids who seem to spend most of their lives scoffing their faces full of stuff thats laden with the damn stuff.

I also now crave savoury rather than sweet.
moggy

Postby becka123 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:37 pm

Aspartame has a really bad history, there is a short section on it in skinny bitch and some good newspaper articles on it.
becka123

Postby Ginda » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Absolutely. As far as I'm concerned, artificial sweeteners such as aspartame are OUT.

Sugar won't do you harm as long as you use brown sugar instead of refined sugar when you're cooking or in your tea and that.

Aspartame really must be avoided; yeah, just google it, like someone previously posted...

And if you've got a sweet tooth...you can try baking or cooking your own stuff and get it to taste great (I'm sure there are plenty of great recipes in the recipe section and other places online), otherwise...dried papaw (really sweet), sweet vegan stuff made from soy, vegan chocolate, you name it...I'm sure we won't be missing out on anything omnivores love as long as we research the mater: they're the ones overlooking the delicious, natural and magical variety that plants and imagination can supply us with.
—If you try to remember you will lose.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless. Like water.—
Ginda

Previous

Return to New Vegan