Diet coke & gum?

Going vegan and new vegans in need of support or information.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Diet coke & gum?

Postby kelsey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi there would anyone be able to help me?

I have not eaten meat and fish for a long time and now I have decided to take the next step and go vegan but I want to know if these things are vegan friendly cos I have a lot of them - diet coke and sugarfree gum?

I also have a very sweet tooth and love chocolate and ice cream so is there anything aside from fresh and dried fruit I can have to satisfy my sweet tooth?

Cheers,
Kelsey
kelsey

Postby Muay Jin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Yes and yes, both, well.. vegan. Although it would be difficult to work out if either product had been animal tested.

I found that my sweet tooth went away and that I want really oily things :shock: Potato chips, samosas, potato cakes, etc.
There is no try, only do.
Muay Jin

Postby kelsey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks for your fast reply jin

I can sleep easy now knowing I can still have my diet coke!!!!!

Kelsey
kelsey

Postby vegcrow » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:07 pm

Oh my my, you poor new vegan! There are tons of sweetie-sweets to satisfy your cravings. Chocolate 'Soy Delicious' or 'So Delicious' as I believe it's called now will take care of the ice cream and the chocolate cravings in one swoop. There is so much more out there I don't even know where to begin...

Watch out with those sugerfree's... I read that all that stuff is carcinogenic in one way or another.
vegcrow

Postby -laura- » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:08 pm

you can get great vegan chocolate and ice cream, maya gold chocolate is nice, as is the plamil range and swedish glace make scrummy vegan ice cream, chocolate and caramel are my faves
-laura-

Postby kelsey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Yeah ive bought the vanilla flavour havent tried it yet though but the chocolate and caramel flavours sound yummy!

Not sure about that plamil chocolate havent tried it but ive smelt it and think it smells like cheap chocolate so that kind of put me off but hey cheap chocolate will be better than no chocolate when my craving kicks in!

ddalavi...know what your saying about the sugarfrees but one thing at a time!
kelsey

Postby -laura- » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:29 pm

try the orange or mint flavour, they're my personal faves, also i tried a vegan gluten free chocolate cookie which was sweetened with fruit juice only from holland and barrett yesterday, was a bit pricey but tasted like it should have been a lot unhealthier than it was lol
-laura-

Postby kelsey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Thats good to know cos I'm always in holland and barrett so if theres anything else from there you can recommend let me know.

I think if anything is going to tempt me from staying on track its gonna be my sweet tooth so I wanna know about all the aternatives!
kelsey

Postby -laura- » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:56 pm

nakd bars are good... they do a chocolate one but my fave is the apple pie bar, they are also raw.. i'll keep adding when ideas pop into my head hehe
-laura-

Postby gms » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:17 pm

I would be in alot of trouble if diet coke were not vegan. Sadly I have way to much. And I know it is bad for me but it is my weakness and it keeps me awake.
gms

Postby kelsey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:30 pm

I am totally addicted but hey the way I see it is theres worse things you could be addicted to lol.
kelsey

Postby seasiren » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:59 pm

jin2 wrote:Yes and yes, both, well.. vegan. Although it would be difficult to work out if either product had been animal tested.

I found that my sweet tooth went away and that I want really oily things :shock: Potato chips, samosas, potato cakes, etc.

Myself as well. No sweet tooth anymore, but fry something up and wow! But I don't since I am behaving in my training :lol:
seasiren

Postby kelsey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:20 pm

seasiren Ive seen your pics u look amazing I would kill to look like that!
Last edited by kelsey on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kelsey

Postby Muay Jin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:16 am

Yeah sigh SS, I have to lose about 6 kgs in the next 20 days or so, so i have to behave too =(
There is no try, only do.
Muay Jin

Postby jemmyducks » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:29 am

uh, 6 kgs in 20 days is no good....I could see 4 kg being possible, but that would require intense dieting and exercise. what's that for?
Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach
San Francisco, CA

Check out my Training Log:
http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20845&p=341210#p341210

If at first you fail, train, train again.
jemmyducks

Next

Return to New Vegan