Anyone familiar with Reiki?

Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance and variations, general stretching and flexibility discussion.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Anyone familiar with Reiki?

Postby Holli » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:33 am

hello... i really want to learn more... maybe chat with some people with experience.
Holli

Postby Muay Jin » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:58 am

Sorry, I'd never heard of it before so I started where I start whenever I want to find out something I know nothing about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiki

This sounds interesting: I will go borrow a book on it and read some more =)
There is no try, only do.
Muay Jin

Postby fredrikw » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:05 am

--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Muay Jin » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:11 am

Of course frekrikw! I'm looking for a way to chill out thats not smoking joints or getting drunk, so I guess I'm going to have to have an open mind =)
There is no try, only do.
Muay Jin

Postby fredrikw » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:46 am

yeah, good idea. but be careful, the person with these magic abilities will perhaps use his/her super powers to drain you of energy, like a thermodynamic vampire.
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby skinnydog » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:53 am

Doitdoitdoit!!! Just make sure it's not with a rip-off person. Get recomendation rather than an advertised course if possible. It's good to do it with a down to earth person aswell....well, I'd say it was, because I'd just laugh too much if they were being over the top...

I can do reiki and when my boyfreind was like "yeah right, hippy muck" i burnt his shoulders off...ha ha ha (evil laugh) :twisted: ....in the nicest healing way of course!

Loadsa people don't beleive it but sod 'em. I'm not going to argue and try and convince them it works. If they don't want to experience the benefits then they're the ones missing out!

It's particularly useful for us sportsy people who keep injuring ourselves but want to repair quick so we can carry on training. It'll help you with all your other therapies also...

What else do you want to know??? :D
skinnydog

Postby fredrikw » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:03 pm

skinnydog wrote:It's particularly useful for us sportsy people who keep injuring ourselves but want to repair quick so we can carry on training. It'll help you with all your other therapies also...

as I said in another thread, any therapy, magic potion or jedi mind trick that claims to be good for everything probably isn't...
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby skinnydog » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:15 pm

as I said in another thread, any therapy, magic potion or jedi mind trick that claims to be good for everything probably isn't...

Well i've found reiki good doing it on myself or my bloke after we've had minor injuries and odd little niggly strains. Also on other pains like headaches etc. I'm not saying it's good for everything, or it can magically mistically get rid of the problem. That's why as a therapist like holli it's good to be trained in a number of things so she can help the client more efficiantly, using more than one therapy per session.

If you're not in to it then that's no prob, but you can't comment on its effectiveness if you've not even tried it!!
skinnydog

Postby ninearms » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:39 pm

skinnydog wrote:you can't comment on its effectiveness if you've not even tried it!!

I disagree. I'd argue that someone who has tried it is in a poor position to assess the efficacy of it.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Holli » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:25 am

Thanks skinnydog... I don't see how it is considered magic hocus pocus exactly either. I mean from my understanding it is more in line with quantum physics then magic... And if love can heal...who am i to fight it.
Holli

Postby fredrikw » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:32 am

I'm not an expert in quantum physics, but I'd say that 'life force' energy, healing energy flowing from someone's hands, intelligent energy, and universal energy that is inexhaustible is pretty far from it...
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:06 am

Richard Feynman wrote:If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Talyn » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:35 am

I think you guys are being a bit harsh... Holli was just looking for assistance and Skinny dog was just giving an example of her experience, no need to be so cynical.
And ninearms, how would someone that has tried it be in a poor position to assess the efficiency of it than someone who has not? thats a complete contradiction

I wish Heyutang were still here... he would have set you guys straight :)
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Holli » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:01 am

i find it rather amusing that in
a holistic forum as this that
there are so many negative
thoughts on an alternative
healing art....
and as far a quantum physics
is concerned if energy
and matter are interchangeable
than why would it matter
where the energy came from.
but thanks all for the entertainment.
peace :D
Holli

Postby ^toby^ » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:45 am

I was told that I'm naive because I "believe" in charkas, receiving LomiLomi and interested in Taoist Inner Alchemy.

You are not alone.

I don't know anything about Reiki, so there is no +ve from me :D

Holli wrote:
i find it rather amusing that in
a holistic forum as this that
there are so many negative
thoughts on an alternative
healing art....
and as far a quantum physics
is concerned if energy
and matter are interchangeable
than why would it matter
where the energy came from.
but thanks all for the entertainment.
peace :D
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Next

Return to Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance Forum