swollen omnivore body

Going vegan and new vegans in need of support or information.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

swollen omnivore body

Postby rachelm » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:54 am

I guess it's probably fat. After getting married almost two years ago, my dairy intake drastically increased (sorry to gross you guys out). I was wondering what happened to my nice little boobs. I have made the decision to go vegan, longtime goal, longtime cognitive dissonancer. It's been about a week. I was doing research on the internet and couldn't find out anything about cow hormones and how long they stay in body tissues. Has anyone else seen their body parts balloon out (just like udders) and then return to normal? How long did it take? I'm worried about what I've done to my body.
rachelm

Postby vegcrow » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:50 am

Big boobies could be for lots of reasons... did you start birth control? Start having sex more often? Gain weight elsewhere? It could be the case that your body just stores fat in your breasts...

I don't really know much of the science behind hormone issues. Your body is going to change many more times throughout you life. If you're anything like my girlfriend your boobs will change size/consistency as often as you moods.
It's most likely nothing you should worry about. Now if you feel a lump that wasn't there before...
vegcrow

Postby Ava Odoéména » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:05 am

My body went trough many changes for up to 6 months, nothing to worry about. Even the cartilage seems to get rebuilt, there was a time when my ears felt all floppy and soft and my joints started making cracking sounds for a while. Eventually all normalizes and you'll get more comfy and less panicky. Thanks for going vegan.
don't only question the system, but collaborate to improve it
Ava Odoéména

Postby abbie » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:54 pm

all i would really say is, dont worry about what ghastly things a non vegan diet has done to your body and embrace the new diet with an open mind. i felt incredibly weird when i first went vegan- partially all the fibre messing with my tummy and also i think because i was incredibly aprehensive...but you get sooo used to it and now i would never ever have it any other way. No matter what you change your diet to your body will need to adjust- boobs and all.
funnilly enough my boobs vary sooo much according to how much ive eaten from one day to the next..minds of their own! i find it fascinating rather than discouraging! :wink:

good luck my dear! welcome to this wonderful world!
abbie

Postby rachelm » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure it's fat. I've been checking out how many stones I weigh based on other posts and yeah, my boobs are probably a stone. ha ha. not really. I have been getting chunkier for the past two years, blaming it on blissful acceptance of dairy loving spouse and heavy school schedule. But I love this board. I feel very positive about my decision and I like seeing so many proud kind people here. My husband is totally supportive of whatever I do, so no pressure in that way. My boobs didn't used to fluctuate when I was eating my mom's home vegetarian gruel, but I see it's normal from other people's accounts. So, I look forward to what the future brings and rebuilding my tissue over the next seven years the way cows do, and eventually looking like an adult human, not adult cow. Alright! I have been happily engrossed with my BMs and stomach sounds and the feeling you get when your actions match your heart and mind.
rachelm

Postby puppydog » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:21 pm

I'm pretty my newfound big boobs are fat too. And I'm a guy. Hopefully the vegan/healthy ways will help with that.
puppydog

Return to New Vegan