Too fat to be a cyclist. Too skinny to be a weightlifter.

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby VeganGraham » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:48 am

Tried to increase my bench pb today by starting at 35kg then going up in 5kg steps.
Got to 60kg OK but then failed at 65kg so no difference there.

Two tins of soup with 5 slices of bread and marge.
Two bananas
One apple
Mug of rice milk and banana nesquick
Large portion of chips.
Two more bananas.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby Kryptonite V » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:35 am

Big Good Wolf wrote:Yeah, you know how it is. "I'll just explore this area of the map, then I'll go to bed." "I only need 50XPs to level up. I'll just play through one more encounter, then I really will go to bed." And so it goes on to 3am. :roll:

Hehe, i used to be like that, too.
But nowadays it goes more like this: "I have to eat 100g of fruit&nut mix before i go to bed to crack 4'600kcal total for today." - "Now i'm so full, i have to wait a bit before going to bed." - "Hm, now i feel like i could eat something more to get over 5000kcal..." and so it goes on to 3am ;)
buzz wrote:looks like BEACH SEASON IS UPON US!
Kryptonite V
Radioactive Member

Postby VeganGraham » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 pm

No training again today other than a run/walk round the forest with the dog.

Bowl of Redibrek with sultanas. I forgot to mention I always put a scoop (about 30g) of protein powder in my Redibrek. I only started doing this about a month ago as a half hearted, ill informed attempt at a balanced diet. I guessed that living on toast, chips and Redibrek I was probably down on protein.
Mug of rice milk with banana Nesquick.
Large portion of chips.
About three bananas.
About 200g of brazil nuts.
About 500ml chocolate soya milk
About 2l orange squash.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby VeganGraham » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:55 am

Friday

Bench press 3x10x40kg

Two slices of bread with tartex
Six slices of toast with marmite
About three bananas
About 100g of brazil nuts
Two flapjacks
Five small samosas
1l chocolate soya milk
About 2l orange squash

Saturday

Concept II rower - 5000m in 21.01

Bench press 3x10x36kg. Mostly with a narrow grip. Tried a few with a wide grip, but still getting pain in my shoulder.
Decided to try high reps with low weights and a wide grip to force some flexibility back in to my shoulder.
50x14kg
50x18.5
50x23kg
50x25kg
50x25kg

Leg extensions 2x250x23kg

Farmer's hold 75kg per hand for 22 seconds twice.

Big plateful of bubble & squeek
Two big bowls of stew and five thick slices of bread and marge
Bowl of icecream, pineapple and Alpro soya dessert
Two maple & pecan cake things from Tesco
Last edited by VeganGraham on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Postby The Duke » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:02 am

GBW,

The one and only time I tried to wide grip bench I blew a rotator cuff that stopped any sort of lifting for months and still plagues me know.
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby VeganGraham » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 am

When I say wide grip, I mean as compared to a thumbs touching narrow grip. It's only a 5' bar I'm using so "wide grip" is only a bit more than shoulder width really.

When I was younger I used to race motorcycle enduros. I would usually crash several times in a three hour race and just get back on and carry on. I can't get over the way one little 10mph crash a month and a half ago is having such a long lasting effect.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Postby The Duke » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:59 pm

We are getting old BGW!!!! The days routinely binning it are long behind us!!! Next Friday I collect a brand new, shiney, out of the crate, Ducati; and I do not plan dropping it - ever!!!!!!
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby moggy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:51 pm

Whoops, posted by mistake. Still logged in as Moggy. Graham
moggy

Postby VeganGraham » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Right, logged in as me this time.

Ducati, good choice. I've always thought that if I was going to get a road bike it would be a Ducati, although I like the look of these new Buells.

Anyway, today;

Skipping - 956 in 10 minutes
Farmers hold - 20 seconds with 75kg per hand
Concept II rower - 5000m in 21.00
Bench press - 3x50x18kg

Big plate of bubble & squeek, sosmix & tinned tomatoes
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Postby The Duke » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Big Good Wolf wrote:Right, logged in as me this time.

Ducati, good choice... although I like the look of these new Buells.

Graham,

I suspect you might be bi-polar!!

I got rid of the last Ducati and bought Japanese because of the constant worry of the Ducati exploding!! But the passion still burns inside. Japanese bikes are just so dull!!

Buells are great to ride, but they are even more tempremental than Ducatis!!! :lol: :lol:
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby VeganGraham » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:06 am

I'm a grizzly bear, not a bi-polar bear. :P
Although I like Ducatis and Buells, I think the ideal road bike for me would be an XR750 Flat Track replica using a 1200 Evo Sporty engine.

I'm still not sure of the best way to do this log; keep editing each post throughout the day every time I lift or eat something, or try and remember it all and post it one go at the end of the day.

Yesterday, Monday;

Bar of Ritter Sport marzipan chocolate.
About 6 of Moggy's Sosmix rolls
8 crumpets with marge
3 bananas
1l chocolate soya milk
lots of orange squash

Deadlift 3x10x80kg
Bench press 3x10x45kg
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Postby soniczip » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:17 am

Big Good Wolf wrote:I'm still not sure of the best way to do this log; keep editing each post throughout the day every time I lift or eat something, or try and remember it all and post it one go at the end of the day.

you could write it and update it on a word document and then past it on your log at the end of the day :wink:
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby VeganGraham » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:29 am

I think that might be the best way.
If someone reads it in the afternoon they might not realise that I've gone back and added more later and if I wait until the end of the day I will probably forget something and leave it out.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Postby The Duke » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:31 am

Or, you could try not being so anally retentive??? :lol: :lol:
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby VeganGraham » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:10 pm

This idea of keeping a log is a bit strange to me. I normally try to avoid telling people what I've been up to. If I'm going to do it at all, I might as well do it right.

4 of Moggy's excellent Sosmix rolls
Portion of chips
1l chocolate soya milk
Lots of orange squash
3 bananas
Big bowl of Moggy's excellent stew.
Mug of rice milk with banana Nesquick.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs