[quote="mollygidget"]i've been realizing my diet has just gotten crappier and crappier lately. as in, heavy on the vegan junk food, thai takeout, and my major vice, soda. so i think i'm going to try being raw (with a couple of minor exceptions like taking my dad out for fathers day dinner and my birthday) for at least a few weeks.
it's going to be a really really hard transition, so any encouragement/advice you guys can give me would be awesome.
especially looking for advice on:
1. i'm always tired. how am i supposed to get energy in the AM?
2. my stomach feel kinda weird if i don't have any carbs in it- what do i do about that?
3. how long is it going to take for me to start feeling good about eating all raw stuff?
4. what's a good dressing for salad that's raw?
wish me luck!
well, good luck mollygidget
but look, you don't need to go raw to give your diet a better direction. there's also the alternative of a balanced vegan diet, including raw food of course
to partially answer your questions for example:
1. how many calories are you eating for feeling so tired. my breakfasts consists of about 850kcal and i don't feel tired at all:
my breakfast today:
(1) 250ml tropical juice
(2) 3 slices of medium tuscan bread with fig jam jam
(3) 250ml soya milk
(4) 1 kiwi + 1 pear + 1 banana
2. as long as you don't consider junk food pasta, rice, and other grains, why limit yourself to only raw food?
my lunch today:
(1) 125gr eliche with sauce (chopped tomatoes + courgettes + fennels + onion + garlic + extra virgin olive oil + salt + pepper)
(2) 2 peaches + 1 apple + 1 banana
3. if you really want to go raw and raw only, i'm not the right person to give you an exact answer. but i'd say, do it gradually not to abruptly upset your digest system.
4. i can't answer here: i use my delicious extra virgin olive oil
my dinner yesterday:
(1) salad with lettuce + 2 tomatoes + 1/3 of a cucumber + 62.5gr tofu + some onion + extra virgin olive oil
+ vinegar + salt + pepper
(2) 3 slices of medium tuscan bread
(3) 1 orange + 1 apple + 1 handful of cherries + 1 banana
plus: a lot of water instead of sodas
i hope i could give you another perspective
good luck anyway, no matter what your choice will be