Computer Gaming Fanatics Thread

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Muay Jin » Tue May 08, 2007 2:34 am

oh I understand alright, this is coming from a re-cooperating WOW addict...
Muay Jin

Postby GenTDuke » Tue May 08, 2007 11:14 am

all that vitamin D has gone to your head then, you have to ease your self back in to RL.
GenTDuke

Postby XkillerX » Tue May 08, 2007 2:52 pm

more on the topic of crappy games:

WARFRONT TURNING POINT - an RTS advertised as combining FPS and RTS, finally. when i finally got the dvdrdl, i was finally hoping for a game that will patch groundcontrol's only problem - not being able to jump into a vehicle/soldier's skin and do heavy damage.

and no you cant. the only times you can "fps" is when you're "controlling" a bunker or turret. yeeey. geez, that is just so great, why hasnt anybody put in that awesome feature before? the gameplay is horrible, the graphics are crappy, useless camera and just about every second of the fifteen minutes i spent on it could have been spent on something more satisfying, like NOT playing:

SUPREME COMMANDER - i can sum it all up in a few words: THE "COMBAT INTERFACE" TAKES AWAY FIVE QUARTERS OF THE SCREEN. (i know what i typed, and i am not exaggerating). i saw so many beautiful screenshots, only to be left wondering: WTF??? so where is the w007 here??? useless camera, stupid interaface, and no realistic physics or other advetised features can make up for a most horribly intelligence insulting storyline talking about a !!!!THOUSAND YEAR WAR!!!! (in the age of quantum gates, cybernetics and bionics?!?! you have got to be shitting me!!). oh no they are not.

after these two crapfests i can only say that perhaps i was too harsh on C&C and CoH. no i wasnt. oh yes they suck too. ever since warcraft3 we havent had a half-decent RTS (before that was Groundcontrol, and before that was starcraft.) that's it. it's about fucking time i move my ass over to linux, what's the point of keeping directx on a computer i dont play any games on because they suck anyways. in case you're saying the graphics suck on modern games because i'm running them on poor hardware or forgot to turn the details up, everything is maxed out all the way and my current testbed is a gigabyte DS3P with a c2d-4300, 2gb pqi turbo ram, asus7900gs, cm gemini cooling and cm igreen psu... all overclocked beyond belief. trust me, it's phreaking phast.
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby GenTDuke » Tue May 08, 2007 6:12 pm

lame I was looking foward to playing sumpreme commander. I am still playing postal 2 + apoc wk end with 7 day mod. I love this game so much, theres nothing quite like urienating on people and making them sick after a hard day at the office lol, no other game would dare do that.

Postal 3 is on the way soon, cant wait. There are no other games in the works or released worth mentioning. ooh I played Bullit Witch on the Xbox :oops: and I have to say its quite good, it didnt deserve the poor reviews.
GenTDuke

Postby SpugFab » Wed May 09, 2007 10:35 am

XkillerX wrote:in case you're saying the graphics suck on modern games because i'm running them on poor hardware or forgot to turn the details up, everything is maxed out all the way and my current testbed is a gigabyte DS3P with a c2d-4300, 2gb pqi turbo ram, asus7900gs, cm gemini cooling and cm igreen psu... all overclocked beyond belief. trust me, it's phreaking phast.

Yes, I'm still pushing the console games issue :twisted:

I like the fact they remove this spec fetishism that surrounds PC gaming. Everyone has the same console and enjoys the game in the same way.

You simply shouldn't have to spend thousands of pounds and consistently upgrade your machine to enjoy games.
SpugFab

Postby XkillerX » Wed May 09, 2007 9:23 pm

who said i use that powerhouse for gaming? most of the best games had low-to-med requirements anyways. as for everyone enjoying their console games the same way, yeah right, they enjoy them during the first year of the console while it's hardware is still competitive, 3 years down the line it's laughable (not enjoyable) to say the least. there's a bunch of nerds finally earning a lot money, buying 30+ inch lcd monitors, and they want to run their games at native resolutions, which is why things like 3ghz cpu's and 768mb gfx cards exist. and it the end, most importantly, you can actually use your pc for other than games and music/films (and internet, lately).
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby GenTDuke » Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 pm

Van Buren game text has been extracted from the Tech demo. We can expect a Fan F3 within the next two years, there is already a FO3 on FO2 project but I expect this will be released on FIFE.

I am signing right up as a writer.
GenTDuke

Postby XkillerX » Thu May 10, 2007 10:39 pm

and sign me up for making you a ton of delicious food once you're done with it :lol:
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby XkillerX » Sat May 19, 2007 9:01 pm

:::runs into the room screaming in panic::::

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!STARCRAFT TWO IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!STARTCRAFT TWO IS COMMMINGGG!!!!!1!!11!!oneoneoneeleveneleven

:::runs out to the street screaming at people:::

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39724
http://www.starcraft2.com/
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby GenTDuke » Sat May 19, 2007 10:26 pm

I caught this an hour ago. I just hope they dont fuck it up. The worst thing is they WILL bring out a SC MMORPG
GenTDuke

Postby Muay Jin » Sat May 19, 2007 11:16 pm

Sc2 with new race....

lolz GenT their is a SC MMORPG coming out STARCRAFT GHOST... to replace WOW when it reaches its shelf life.

I'm going to start from day1 with SC2 and aim for no.1, with Wc3 I started too late and only got in the 100's =(
Muay Jin

Postby Muay Jin » Tue May 22, 2007 9:46 pm

old games pwn j00
www.bestoldgames.net/
Muay Jin

Postby xbojanx » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:02 pm

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, now trying to go for Spiderman 3, but as movie sucks, and it's very demanding game (requirements are really high), maybe not...

Has anyone tried those PETA's veggie games?
Something more than ink.... On a page, on a shirt, on the back of my hand.
xbojanx

Postby GenTDuke » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Never tried any AR games.

------------------------------------------------

Lolage, SC3 and Korea: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070521.jpg
GenTDuke

Postby XkillerX » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:58 pm

XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

PreviousNext

Return to Culture