Vegan Workoutwear

New vegan products out there? Queries about products, ingredients, vegan supplements?

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Vegan Workoutwear

Postby Tommy-Tofu » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:49 pm

Hi!
Stupid question actually...but do any of you guys know how to get hold of the sweet "vegan gym-tank" from the veganstreet site. I`ve tried several times to order it, but without any success.
Or do you know any other places to get hold of vegan workout wear? 8)

thank you!

Tommy
Tommy-Tofu

Postby JP » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:41 pm

welcome to the board mate!

thats a good question actually - i for one would like to know where to get good vegan gear to wear to the gym.

My current gym fashion is usually wearing the oldest and scruffiest t-shirt around.

I have two t-shirts which have a vegan message which i proudly wear at the gym:

"vegan power" in front and "eat beans, not beings" in the back. My friends made this t-shirt for me about 8 years ago - its getting a bit small now ;)

"89" in the middle and text around it saying "number of animals saved by average person turning vegetarian". Couple people have picked up on that at the gym which is nice.

"XveganX" the tattoo on my left forearm, lol!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Renecarol25 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:05 pm

I totally want one of those 83 shirts.. gonna have to get around to ordering one. Robert Cheeke has some cool shirts on his site.

www.veganbodybuilder.com

I really like the design.. haven't felt vegan enough yet to wear something like that. When I start advertizing it at my gym I guess I'm gonna have to be a little more commited. I'll be opening up myself to lots of comments and questions about my less than perfect diet.
Rene
Renecarol25

yes

Postby i live in omaha » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:09 pm

I have a veganbodybuilding shirt from robert's site but i don't wear it to the gym because i wouldn't exactly call myself a bodybuilder compared to the rest of the blokes there just yet. I still wear it around in public and get lots of comments on it. :)

And as far as vegan tatoos, in the next few months i'll be getting big 5-inch letters that say "HERBIVORE" across my stomach, kind of like how tupac has "Thug Life" but mine will say "herbivore" and will be in a different font.
"No More just looking out for myself when the price paid is the life of something else.
No More, i won't participate." - Youth of Today
-- hello, my name is david --
i live in omaha

Postby Tommy-Tofu » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:36 pm

thanx guys...
there should be more vegan work out gear out there.
I saw a picture of one of you guys (can`t remember who) wearing a "vegan gym" tank from www.veganstreet.com and i want it so bad :lol:
but the site seems to be down and out, too bad cause the tank was so rad.

have a good day all!

Tommy
Tommy-Tofu

Postby willpeavy » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 am

JP wrote:"vegan power" in front and "eat beans, not beings" in the back.

Haha, that rules. I might see if I can make one like that.
willpeavy

Postby Pim FB » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:32 am

Me and a friend just recently made a hooded sweater with 'Vegan - for earth liberation' embroidered (<- had to look up this word :) )

but i don't have any vegan work out gear...
Pim
Pim FB

VeganStreet shirts

Postby VeganEssentials » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:12 pm

It's odd that orders for the Vegan Street shirts aren't going through - I'm fairly good friends with the owners (they don't live too far away from us and we see them at many vegan events) and I'd thought that their site was supposed to be workig just fine. In any case, I'll pass this note along to them and see what happens - perhaps they can get any problems cleared up right away!

We're trying to get their shirts in our shop as well, so if we do I'll be sure to get the Vegan Gym styles for sure!

Ryan
www.VeganEssentials.com
VeganEssentials

Postby prenna » Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:40 pm

I've been thinking about the excellent packaging on the Pea Protein by nutrisport (http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?t=192). You can get printer paper that's specially designed for making iron-on designs for t-shirts. I think it'd be cool to get a picture of the pea protein package with the big 90+ Vegan on it and turning into a t-shirt for training in.

And another idea I had was that maybe t-shirts can be sold of the Vegan Fitness.net logo. It could help pay for any hosting costs or anything like that. I for one would definitely buy one!
Is this the point that I get told they're already available?
prenna

Postby xJimx » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:02 pm

I've just ordered a couple of shirts from Vegan Action which would look pretty sweet in the gym. I've never ordered anything from this place before so I hope it makes its way over the Atlantic OK.

It's almost impossible to buy decent 'vegan' shirts in the UK; I've got a couple from VIVA (including 'Meat is Murder' which gets lots of glances!) but other than that everything is hippy-dippy crap.

Maybe if everyone on this board clubbed together and got a job lot of something cool like 'Vegan Power'? I'd be up for that.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby JP » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:04 am

xJimx wrote:Maybe if everyone on this board clubbed together and got a job lot of something cool like 'Vegan Power'? I'd be up for that.

prenna & jim, great idea! Perhaps we should put a shoutout to the general section about this? We don't need huge numbers to be able to print a t-shirt, and if the design(s) is good then people might even buy them :)
JP
Site Admin

Postby Tommy-Tofu » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:16 am

Ryan: that would be great! thank you. i`ve been trying to get in touch with Marla from veganstreet, but with no success.
:P
Tommy-Tofu

Return to Vegan Products and Supplements