Cutters Corner

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Gaia » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:12 pm

My own experience:
I treadmill 45 minutes a day to cut.
I first started out the day by doing it in the morning. I liked it. I felt light, and afterwards, I could eliminate the food I processed the day before :lol: . I was then able to sit, relax, and do work. I would also power nap for lunch, and then feel fine to hit the gym in the late afternoon to lift weights.
Then I switched to evening runs. I could watch my favorite shows on TV and make it through the 45 minutes of jogging without boredom, and of course 15 minutes of walking to watch the end of the show (so does that count? can I say I do an HOUR of cardio treadmilling? 8) ). I did not like the result though. Elimination usually interrupted the 45 minutes (commercial break to the bathroom :oops: ), and dinner was still there making me feel bloated and uncomfortable while jogging.
So I have gone back to the mornings.
I do worry about muscle mass loss, so I do a vegan protein shake in the morning about an hour before I go cardio. The shake is with water and only one scoop. It has pea protein, brown rice protein, spirullina, and freeze-dried sprouts. Just a little insurance that I won't catabolize anything that I have worked so hard to get! And I must processes it quickly, because I don't have any uncomfort while jogging, and elimination is afterwards (unless I have a cup of hot tea in the morning, and well you know how that is!).
I also read somewhere that it is good to stroke your digestive fire in the morning with a little something (but I agree that fruit in the morning is hard on the stomache! So I like the shakes or rice milk) to get it into a major bonfire. Remember, you need to do everything you can to get your metabolism into high gear, not make it collapse into just a basal metabolism where it shuts down and hoards everything you eat!
Gaia

Postby CrashLikeThunder » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:29 pm

Thanks for the info VeggieMan and Gaia. Useful stuff.

So forgive my ignorance, but is it generally accepted that your body is more likely to burn fat for milder-longer exercise and more likely to cannibalize muscle for shorter, more intense exercise?
CrashLikeThunder

Postby pelicanAndrew » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:58 am

High Intensity Interval Training is great i hear. Basically you do sprints for 2 minutes, rest 1, spring, rest 1 and keep on adding each time you do a workout. 30 minutes tops of that is great. There was an article about it awhile ago.

Either that or ride a bike for 3 hours.
pelicanAndrew

Postby fredrikw » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:24 am

pelicanAndrew wrote:High Intensity Interval Training is great i hear. Basically you do sprints for 2 minutes, rest 1, spring, rest 1 and keep on adding each time you do a workout. 30 minutes tops of that is great. There was an article about it awhile ago.

there's no way you'll burn an equal amount of calories when doing 30 minutes of HIIT and 3 hours of cycling. if you're after losing weight 3 hours is always better than 30 minutes.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:01 am

CrashLikeThunder wrote:So forgive my ignorance, but is it generally accepted that your body is more likely to burn fat for milder-longer exercise and more likely to cannibalize muscle for shorter, more intense exercise?

Not really. Bodybuilders seem to favour either very low intensity stuff (walks) or HIIT, so both of those should be fine. If I were you I would do whatever cardio suits you, but avoid burning too much energy in one session, if you are worried about losing muscle.

PelicanAndrew wrote:
fredrikw wrote:Either that or ride a bike for 3 hours.

there's no way you'll burn an equal amount of calories when doing 30 minutes of HIIT and 3 hours of cycling. if you're after losing weight 3 hours is always better than 30 minutes.

True :D . For maintaining muscle mass though Im not sure 3h bike sessions are optimal, but I guess it depends on the intensity at what you eat during it.
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:09 am

hey bronco, better sharpen your quote skills, this is the correct order:
bronco wrote:
fredrikw wrote:
PelicanAndrew wrote:Either that or ride a bike for 3 hours.

True :D . For maintaining muscle mass though Im not sure 3h bike sessions are optimal, but I guess it depends on the intensity at what you eat during it.

yeah, you need to eat during a workout that long. but I don't know about how much muscles you lose though if doing low intensity, you mainly use fat as fuel, and the carbs you eat during.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby i live in omaha » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:43 pm

fredrikw wrote:
pelicanAndrew wrote:High Intensity Interval Training is great i hear. Basically you do sprints for 2 minutes, rest 1, spring, rest 1 and keep on adding each time you do a workout. 30 minutes tops of that is great. There was an article about it awhile ago.

I agree. what makes hiit so pretty is that you can still lose fat and it takes much less time than say, 3 hours of cycling. But on the other hand 3 hours of cycling with burn quite a bit more fat.
"No More just looking out for myself when the price paid is the life of something else.
No More, i won't participate." - Youth of Today
-- hello, my name is david --
i live in omaha

Postby XkillerX » Wed May 14, 2008 9:43 pm

BOUNCE!!!

i'm doing the necromancer routine again!

after the failed bulking experiment i'm back to being a cutter again. there's one thing to look out for though, i've got ridden of almost all traces of fat, i have to be on the lookout not to drop dead if i lose any more weight.

anyways, point being, beach season is upon us, there's a lot of posing to be done. not like i go to the beach much, nor do i pose a lot eaither, but hey, you never know when fresh naked photos of me will appear on teh interwibbles :D

join the fun, cut and dice the veggies, do the stir-fry and dont forget to take some photos :P
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby XkillerX » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:51 pm

bounce again!

sadly i'm sub 75k again! :cry:

cant really say i'm ripped or shredded either. just lost a bunch of weight. c'est la vie!
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby wannalift » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:49 am

don't cut, SHRED!!!
Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift

Re: Cutters Corner

Postby baldy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:41 pm

After seeing the progress people are making on the bulkers corner, I think I might be more at home here.

No ideal how much I weight at the moment, but from how I look in the mirror in the morning I must be shredded.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby JP » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 pm

wtf mate

WTF!
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:55 am

JP wrote:wtf mate

WTF!

Panic over, just a passing phase. I poured 30ml of olive oil over my dinner last night. Back on a bulk, need to fight against my small appetite!
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby XkillerX » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:27 pm

It's twue, it's twue.

This horrible monsoon weather ruins my appetite. Most of the time it's just fruit and protein drinks. Meh :S
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby baldy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:23 am

I had this cutting disease with an upset stomach, lost 4kg last week. Down to 94.5kg and incredibly ripped, Dr said I should make a full recovery and prescribed chocolate chip cookies.
baldy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating