Computer Gaming Fanatics Thread

Music, movies, literature, art, poems...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Computer Gaming Fanatics Thread

Postby GenTDuke » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:19 am

There most be a few avid gamers on here, I cant be the only geek :oops:

I am currently playing Titan Quest and I have to say I am surprised it is any good, most games these days are shit.

I have a Day of Defeat Source clan who I play with most nights, there is nothing like killing nazis after a hard days work.

The only game I am truly obsessed with is Fallout 1 and 2, I am part of the game modding scene, I have no programing talents although I did try to learn, I am a self titled geek co-ordinator, I help organise them a bit.
GenTDuke

Postby bronco » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:41 pm

I'm waiting for the next release of adom, best game ever. Until then I play no computer games :) .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby GenTDuke » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:56 pm

bronco wrote:I'm waiting for the next release of adom, best game ever. Until then I play no computer games :) .

That looks pretty sweet, dungeon hacks are my bag baby.

Have you played Morrowind or Oblivion.
GenTDuke

Postby pelicanAndrew » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:32 pm

I'm buying titan quest and oblivion soon. Really bored in my dorm room after i finish my studies.
pelicanAndrew

Postby bronco » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:03 pm

GenTDuke wrote:That looks pretty sweet, dungeon hacks are my bag baby.

Nope. I like computer RPGs, but havent played any (except adom) since Baldurs Gate II.
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby SpugFab » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:53 pm

I think I have to pledge my allegiance to the gamer geek flag.

Although nowadays I find that the only type of gaming that excites me is communal. Preferably with people in the same room. It's the banter you see...

I don't tend to sit down and play single-player games, or over the internet (although I have a little in the past). Just now I prefer beat-em-ups or sport games played in a group. Even the recent social games - singstar, buzz, eyetoy, dancemat. Stuff that gets (drunk) people laughing and having a good time.

Pro evolution soccer, fight night, soul calibur, stuff like that. Up in Scotland I had a room with a projector and used to have lots of people round for gaming battles. Those are the types of games we gravitated towards (there was always something special about Track And Field on the big screen too).

I make games for a living now which might explain the reluctance to play games in my spare time (without the social dimension). Currently working for Sony after the company I worked for went bust.
SpugFab

Postby GenTDuke » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:51 pm

bronco wrote:

Nope. I like computer RPGs, but havent played any (except adom) since Baldurs Gate II.

They are both power gaming RPGs, morrowwind stole a year of my life, there are some shit hot mods that update it now.

Baldurs gate 1 + 2 kicked ass, check out the unfinished business mod for number 2, it restores lots of unfinished content.
GenTDuke

Postby GenTDuke » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:52 pm

pelicanAndrew wrote:I'm buying titan quest and oblivion soon. Really bored in my dorm room after i finish my studies.

Awesome, its realy kool. Its a bit of a hack and slash esk thing. But with some RPG elements. Dont forget to patch it.

It reminds me of the clasic Landstaker.
GenTDuke

Postby GenTDuke » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:54 pm

spug_myers wrote:I think I have to pledge my allegiance to the gamer geek flag.

Although nowadays I find that the only type of gaming that excites me is communal. Preferably with people in the same room. It's the banter you see...

I don't tend to sit down and play single-player games, or over the internet (although I have a little in the past). Just now I prefer beat-em-ups or sport games played in a group. Even the recent social games - singstar, buzz, eyetoy, dancemat. Stuff that gets (drunk) people laughing and having a good time.

Pro evolution soccer, fight night, soul calibur, stuff like that. Up in Scotland I had a room with a projector and used to have lots of people round for gaming battles. Those are the types of games we gravitated towards (there was always something special about Track And Field on the big screen too).

I make games for a living now which might explain the reluctance to play games in my spare time (without the social dimension). Currently working for Sony after the company I worked for went bust.

Sony is the evil empire, not as bad as EA though. Buy DOD source and join my clan, all I do is get drunk and use team speak to insult the newbs as I poon them hard.
GenTDuke

Postby GenTDuke » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:06 pm

bronco wrote:

Oh yeah. BTW Fallout was made by Black Isle, same peeps as Baldurs gate. This is why it is hardcore.

Black Isle RIP :(
GenTDuke

Postby GenTDuke » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:45 pm

GenTDuke

Postby pelicanAndrew » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:52 am

hehe.

Oh man, if you haven't played FEAR yet, go get it. NOW!!! I just beat it on the 2nd easiest, 2 more difficulty levels to go. I'm taking a break and playing Titan Quest, KOTOR 2, COD 2, BF2(when at home) and UT24K(also when at home).
pelicanAndrew

Postby GenTDuke » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:39 am

pelicanAndrew wrote:hehe.

Oh man, if you haven't played FEAR yet, go get it. NOW!!! I just beat it on the 2nd easiest, 2 more difficulty levels to go. I'm taking a break and playing Titan Quest, KOTOR 2, COD 2, BF2(when at home) and UT24K(also when at home).

I owned FEAR I must say it was a good game, there is an expansion coming soon. There is also a KOTOR 1+2 mod in the works to restore content.

Whats COD2?
GenTDuke

Postby pelicanAndrew » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:56 pm

Call Of Duty 2. WW2 based game. Can't get it to work since i'm being a bad boy and using Power ISO, Alcohol 120% and stuff like that.
pelicanAndrew

Postby GenTDuke » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:34 pm

pelicanAndrew wrote:Call Of Duty 2. WW2 based game. Can't get it to work since i'm being a bad boy and using Power ISO, Alcohol 120% and stuff like that.

Yeah I did that to, but you cant play online without a legit copy. I am gonna buy Red Orchestra next week, apparently its the most realistic online war sim so far. No more fireing half a clip into someone to kill them.
GenTDuke

Next

Return to Culture