erske´s log of mostly running

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby erske » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:16 pm

abbie wrote:i am super jealous of the number of days in which you have perfect running weather.... i like your log very much, its incredibly down to earth.

Thank you, glad it's to your liking :D Yeah, the weather has been almost unnaturally good (than again it probobly is due to global warming :wink: ), had to asemble an supernatural amount of self control to clean my flat today and not spend the intire day out in the sun 8)

abbie wrote:do you make a point of not running when you feel ill, like the sore throat you mentioned? I just wondered because sometimes if im ill i feel like i could run but dont know if it would make it better or worse. Shed any light?

This varries quite alot, If it's just a sore throat, I will probobly go out running, but this one had been hanging around for a while without getting neither better nor worse, so I wanted to get rid of it then... I usually don't have the patiens to whait untill I'm totaly sore throat-free, guess it might make it stick around a little longer, but it seldom seems to make it bloom out into full illness... Hope I could shed some light, but as you can see I'm not to sure about the best aproach here either...

Sunday: Another rest day, super nice weather, I had to restrain myself not to trow myself out on the trails, but I have got the impression that the result of a longer run like yesterday gets better if the body can rest the day after... (any thoughts on this y'all??)

Spent the day cleaning and running around my flat, and must say it's an underestimated form of excercise, I'm beat... going on a little walk in a bit and plan to spend the rest of the day reading in the sun!!
Something irrelevant about cavemen
erske

Postby erske » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:17 pm

Monday:
*Walk 45min
*Run ~7,5k (realized that my 7k is slightly longer than I used to belive), hilly, medium-fast pace, ~39min, ate to close to my run so i got a terrible stich(?)/'håll' after a k, but I ran it of after enother k, all in all a good run, felt energized from the start...
erske

Postby erske » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:34 pm

Tuesday:

*Walk 2x45 min to the library and back, still sunny, but damn it's cold and windy today...

*Run, 10k trail, medium steady pace, ~55min, never felt tired and managed to keep a steady pace without much effort dispite a relatively good pace...
erske

Postby erske » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 pm

Wednesday:
*Walk 2x45 min,
*7,5k run, hilly, Slow pace ~42min

I've been feeling strong the last couple of days :D , if this continues to may when my ½marathon is due, Ive got no doubt I will make my goal... 8)

And somewhat off topic, but only days to go now (monday) untill the 'alsvenska'- football-season starts in Sweden after a long cold winter of agonizing whait...
Gefle IF-Örebro SK, my bet 2-1 :D
erske

Postby erske » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:22 am

Thursday: Rest day

Friday: Run 10k, mostly asfalt, slow pace, weird weather, incredably sunny, but cold and windy as hell... felt realy slugish in the beginning but like always loosened up after about 20-30min and eventiually got that fluent feel towards the end...

three days to football :D
erske

Postby erske » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:11 am

Saturday: Another rest day (a bit hung over)
Sunday:10k run, slow-moderate pace, felt good

Been feeling that I can run significantly longer in a faster pace without my pulse sky rocketing, good feeling :D

football tomorrow :D :D
erske

Postby runner » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:50 am

looking good there..

any upcomming events?
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby erske » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 pm

runner wrote:looking good there..

any upcomming events?

Thanks!
½marathon in Gaevle in the middle of Sweden on the 6th of may; so less than a month to go :D
A bit disipointed with myself though, for not including any intervals, fartleks, hillrepeats or something like that to my rutine like I had planed to do. But at least I have been running more on hilly trails than last year and started to work in a couple of somewhat longer runs on the weekends, so it's gonna be fun to see how it goes... :)
erske

Postby erske » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Monday:
*10k run, moderate pace, asfalt... felt ok; not more...

Tuesday:
rest day
*walk 45min

Wednesday:
*Walking, alltogether 2hrs
*Run, 7,5k, fast pace, ~38min, hilly, terrible stich on the last 2,5k couldn't run smoothly after that, but my legs and pulse felt good still and would have rendered me an even faster time without the stich so I'm still pleased...

Over 1000 views :shock: ... albeight a fair bit of them is mine, but still... :D
erske

Postby erske » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Thursday:

rest-day

Friday:

*hill-sprints :D 3x5 'reps' in a nearby hill (my first time)... I think I will try to incorporate this in to my rutine once a week and see if I can feel any progress. Altough I'm not sure how much it helps with my aspiration to run slightly longer distances; that 'intervall training' with slightly slower, but longer repeet's might suit me better. But for now this will have to do, it was quite fun... :D

*Walk, 8k... beautifull sunny weather... 8)
erske

Postby erske » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:10 pm

Saturday:

17k run, slow pace, asfalt...

Another sunny day 8) , made me run a bit longer than I had planed considering I ran hill-sprints yesturday, so needless to say; rest-day tomorrow...

I like how the runners seem to pop out from every rock and tree these days, compaired to a couple of month ago when I was almost alone... Slightly hoping they to are planing to run the large half-marathon I'm aiming at in a month and that they realy belive a month of training is enough... :twisted: Or maybe it's just the nice weather and has nothing to do with the race :)
erske

Postby erske » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:03 pm

Sunday:rest

Monday: 10k run, hilly, slow pace, felt good, incressed my pace on the last lap (2,5k) with good energy all the way...
erske

Postby erske » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:11 pm

Tuesday: 10k run, hilly, slow pace...

Allthough I like my internship, not beeing able to dispose my time as i like have made me miss out on my daily walks that I dearly love... Nothing like a morning walk to clear your head, luckily a run after a days work has a similar effect, but I used to get both...
erske

Postby erske » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:13 am

Wednesday:"rest" had a bit of a soar throat and decided not to run...

Thursday: Hill sprints 3x15

Friday: rest, 1hr walk

Saturday: 15k run, asfalt, relatively high pace, ~1hr15min, good feel throughout, felt a bit stiff in my back-thigh the last two k, but all in all very nice run...
erske

Postby Cookie » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Thought I'd come check out your log, seeing as you've visited mine :D The running seems really impressive to me :shock: A half marathon would be 21k right? Do you have a time that you are looking to meet or anything? Nice log 8)
Cookie

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs