V's Log - The 14 hour week programme

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

V's Log - The 14 hour week programme

Postby V » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:42 pm

Hell, it's time to get fit.

I now have the tools, the time and the opportunity.
Here's my new programme:

Monday
Kendo - 1 hour
Weights - Arms back and chest

Tuesday
Running - 8 km
Weights - Arms, back and chest.

Wednesday
Kendo - 1 hour
Dance - 1 hour

Thursday
Iaido - 1.5 hours
Jodo - 1.5 hours

Friday
Running - 8km

Saturday
Kendo - 1 hour

Sunday
Kendo - 1 hour
Running - 12km (hopefully)!!

For those who are wondering Kendo uses the arms a lot but is mostly aerobic. So is Iaido and Jodo, but Iaido especially. Nothing like keeping a sword steady at arm's lengh to tire the muscles....

As for the bias as far as weightlighting, my issue is I'm quite the ectomorph. And while I'm blessed with long legs which makes me a good runner, my upper body tends to suffer.

This is a big issue on my list. Working out will not only help my kendo but also keep my left shoulder in place, which has a tendency to dislocate. Unfortunately when this happens my arm becomes inoperative for about a month, and can't carry weight well for another two.

It's a BIG issue!

Anyhow, wish me luck to keeping for it.
I've been waiting to start a proper programme for a long time.

V
Ommmmmm...
V

Postby Rochellita » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:46 pm

hi V

What sort of dance do you do?
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby bronco » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:47 pm

Hmm, I would think it to be too much to work arms, chest and back four times a week. Especially working them two days in a row seems like a really bad idea. Personally I would also throw in some lower body stuff, squats and deadlifts etc.
Anyway, good luck with the training :) .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby V » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:44 pm

hey flux.
i do take hip hop classes at the moment, but i fond of any dance.

as for working out 4 times a week, that's what i've been reccommended for strengh building. unfortunately it's difficult to structure without doubling up somewhere. i reckon i'll do a hard workout for one day and the next will be a much lighter one. otherwise maybe i could do an 8 day week or something?
Ommmmmm...
V

Postby bronco » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:29 am

V wrote:as for working out 4 times a week, that's what i've been reccommended for strengh building. unfortunately it's difficult to structure without doubling up somewhere. i reckon i'll do a hard workout for one day and the next will be a much lighter one. otherwise maybe i could do an 8 day week or something?

Who reccomended that? I'm pretty sure training three times a week would be better. Perhaps training every other day could also work, depending on the total volume I guess. If you're purely after strength though, I think a routine that is a bit more split up would be better. And some leg training, thats where the strength comes from :D .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Return to Training Logs