Back in the game!

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby Malcolms Billy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:02 am

Fruitbat wrote:cool about the dbl set- but i guess no chance ot use them yet??

Nah, tried working out a few days bk and it's just not happening on a near empty stomach :? Was fine working yesterday tho, carrying crates and boxes, so might give it another go today :)

(for whoever wants to know: I've seriously overdone painkillers, i.e. ibuprofen for the last month - no, I wasn't trying to develop a new addiction, I was in pain coz of an infected wisdom tooth, which has since left the building ;) Result tho is serious acid overload which is pretty damn painful as well. So don't try this at home!)

So been on mash for a couple of days now, might try summin else that resembles baby food today :?
Of course the guys still get their normal dinners, so yesterday they had couscous with raw, grated courgette, seitan bits from the chinese supermarket and a couple tbsps ground mixed sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds and almonds. Sounds quite nice, doesn't it? They scoffed it anyway, so must've been halfway decent.

Fruitbat, I just use any old cheap unsweetened soy milk to cook with :)
Malcolms Billy

Postby Fruitbat » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:08 am

Malcolms Billy wrote:So been on mash for a couple of days now, might try summin else that resembles baby food today :?
if its baby food you are looking for - you should search out my Mush in my older training logs!!!
Of course the guys still get their normal dinners, so yesterday they had couscous with raw, grated courgette, seitan bits from the chinese supermarket and a couple tbsps ground mixed sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds and almonds. Sounds quite nice, doesn't it?
sure does!
Fruitbat

Postby Malcolms Billy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:47 pm

Still no workout - maybe tomorrow! - but guess what we're having tonight: sweet spud, butter-yer-nut-squash and coconut soup - with a bit of leek and garlic :P. Thanks for the idea Fruitbat! ;)
Malcolms Billy

Postby Fruitbat » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:06 pm

u r v more than welcome!
Fruitbat

Postby Malcolms Billy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:01 pm

Back in business, YAY!!!! :D :D :D Did workout tonight, with newly bought dumbbell, 10 exercises, all 2x8 and I was floored! Shows how unfit I am :? Also had pretty much normal dinner tonight (pasta with ready made sauce, but a normal size bowl) and a hot chocolate just now for pudding! :P :P

Oh, The Family had the rest of yesterdays dinner, was rather a large pan but they've scoffed it now :)
Malcolms Billy

Postby Fruitbat » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:43 pm

YAY congrats on the solid food AND the workout!
Fruitbat

Postby bronco » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:34 am

Malcolms Billy wrote:Back in business, YAY!!!! :D :D :D Did workout tonight, with newly bought dumbbell, 10 exercises, all 2x8 and I was floored!

Cool, good work and so on :) !

Shows how unfit I am :?

But that's about to change, right :D ?
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Malcolms Billy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:43 am

bronco wrote:
Malcolms Billy wrote:
Shows how unfit I am :?

But that's about to change, right :D ?

Don't you get cheeky now! ;)
Malcolms Billy

Postby bronco » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:36 am

Malcolms Billy wrote:Don't you get cheeky now! ;)

That's what I get for trying to be encouraging :lol: ? Guess I'll have to try harder next time then ;).
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:25 am

Back in business, YAY!!!! Did workout tonight, with newly bought dumbbell, 10 exercises, all 2x8 and I was floored! Shows how unfit I am Also had pretty much normal dinner tonight (pasta with ready made sauce, but a normal size bowl) and a hot chocolate just now for pudding!

Good work! :D

How you feeling today? Sore?
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby Malcolms Billy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:07 pm

littlegirlbunny wrote:How you feeling today? Sore?

No, coz I warm up and stretch properly, before and after! :P :wink: (getting off high horse now)
Malcolms Billy

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:27 pm

Malcolms Billy wrote:No, coz I warm up and stretch properly
maybe i should take a leaf from your book - <<groan as Fruity shifted in her chair and felt that sore gluteus maximus and equally sore pectorals :!: >>
Fruitbat

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:48 pm

No, coz I warm up and stretch properly, before and after! (getting off high horse now)

Im sorry, was that dutch? I dont understand these terms: 'warm-up' 'stretch' are they words you made up? :wink:
"life with littlegirlbunny is never dull"
littlegirlbunny

Postby Malcolms Billy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:14 pm

:D :D at both of you :wink:
Malcolms Billy

Postby Malcolms Billy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:02 am

not done my exercises for a couple of days ( :oops: shame on me!), but have been taking the guys out for 1 1/2 - 2 hour walks instead. Surely that counts for summin? Mal and Kiera think so anyway - even more so seeing as they get banned from the room I do the exercises in. If anything for the simple reason that they'd both stand a chance of getting hit in the head by a weight; it's not like I got a huge space, but then Kiera always wants to be on top of me and 'play' (with a weight, sure enough!) no matter how much space we'd have! :roll: :D
So we had a very wet, miserable and muddy day on Friday and a dry, sunny and still muddy day on Saturday :) Today we'll be going for a day out to the woods, with a friend and her dogs, so I migt do weights when I get back, but then again I might not!
Dinner on Friday was dog food for the guys and bread for me as we had a power cut - nearly 2 hours without leccy! It's an experience I tell ya! But I was also thinking that we're spoilt for being able to take leccy for granted, in a lot of countries people think it's a bonus when it works, or they don't have any at all - ever! Anyway I digress, but that's what I was thinking about to keep myself from getting pissed off with it. It worked! :)
Yesterday we had asparagus soup, or errrr..... The Family had asparagus soup and I had 3 spoonfuls and then kept my promise to myself of braised tofu, chilli sauce and nan :oops: :P :P I've been promising that to myself for over 2 weeks but it wasn't happening because of sick tummy - which has now recovered I'm happy to say :) Soup's gonna come on walk tody, will make nice lunch. The Family and their friends are having tater treats (hence the discussion and poll in General! :)), only made them for the first time last nite and they've turned out well nice - just had one for brekkie :oops: Will save the rest for the guys, honest!

Unbelievable how much one (errr...I) can post in a training log without actually having done anything! :D :D
Malcolms Billy

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs