Fat, depressed but technically not dead yet.

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Fat, depressed but technically not dead yet.

Postby custerdome » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 pm

I start this journey today - July 25:th, 2012 - at 179 cm and 78,8 kg. I am fat, I feel depressed, but my passion for running is still there. My goal is to improve my half marathon PR, which is currently around 1:50. Would 1:40 be possible? What about 1:30? More importantly, I miss feeling alive; my body and spirit were not always like this.

If you want to see what my belly looked like this morning, click http://i.imgur.com/eMyoC.jpg. Warning: disturbing, bloated imagery. That is the belly of a person who does not thrive.

Below I will try to post daily updates on my weight, running and diet. Input about either aspect is welcome.

July 26, day 2: 78,8 kg. Again woke up bloated (from the hummus perhaps?). Drank yerba mate throughout the day. Went on a fruit binge with a friend who came over in the afternoon. No running today.

July 25, day 1: 78,8 kg. Felt very bloated waking up, and only gulped yerba mate throughout the day. Ran 10,0 km at 11 PM in 56:40. Still not hungry, but forced down a big cup of hummus with red bell pepper slices before bed.
Last edited by custerdome on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
custerdome

Re: Fat, depressed but technically not dead yet.

Postby loveliberate » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:20 am

Thanks for starting your training log. It sounds like you're feeling pretty low right now - keep focused & things *will* get better! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby sergio » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:46 am

I really hope you feel better soon. It's an awesome goal, I'm pretty sure you'll made it if you eat enough and train hard. Nobody thrives feeling at the bottom, don't punish yourself too much about the belly, it's not that bad! :)

All the best.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby Linnéa76 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:04 am

Best of luck with your goals custerdome! With your passion for running, I'm sure you'll be able to turn things around. :)
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm gradually losing weight through running and it really works. Losing it slowly keeps it off better.

Bear in mind that you need carbs, don't starve yourself or your body will go into survival mode and the weight will be harder to lose.
Hiking Fox

Postby custerdome » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm

July 26, day 2: 78,8 kg. Again woke up bloated (from the hummus perhaps?). Drank yerba mate throughout the day. Went on a fruit binge with a friend who came over in the afternoon. No running today.

loveliberate, sergio, Linnéa76, Hiking Fox: thank you for the kind words!
custerdome

Return to Training Logs