haven't had a chance to train much lately which is the reason for journal quietness, here's just a quick update on training:
- chin ups as usual, and a new variation, fingertip pullups which i do out of necessity because a small ledge over a door is the only place in my office where i can do any sort of chinning work. these are a great workout and i can only do a couple reps
- pushups... i put my feet on a bench and get on my dipping handles (as usual), then to increase the intensity i move one hand out to the side so almost all the weight goes on one arm (sets of 5 to almost failure)... the eventual point of all this is to work up to a one armed pushup. i've also been experimenting with some planche progressions (which i'll report on once i've made some progress
- russian side presses... same as usual
- bicep curls... same as usual
- grip... still no close on the no. 2. i can hold it shut for a few seconds now after a cheat close though and am just whisper away....
my core and lower body i've been slack with unfortunately..
joni - thanks for your thoughts. i was actually hoping they would spur on the release of growth hormone... but now i don't anymore since i was getting too big anyway, so it's all good