blinki's log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: blinki's log

Postby blinki » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Gym's not open but I'm back to my 50kg weight set so managed something that resembles a real work out. I forgot how awkward lifting without a rack is. I nearly ended up under the bar trying to do front squats off my bed then almost toppled over trying to do hack squats and couldn't work out how to do the squats where the bar is between your legs without my back feeling twisted in a bad way. I ended up with the bar wedged under my chest of drawers getting out from under it after benches. Fuck knows how I used to manage it

Shoulder Press: 17.5 kg 5x5
Bench: 35kg 1x15 1x10 (not very deep since I was on the floor)
Deadlift: 50kg 2x5

I don't feel weak now which is very good. Just need to start eating properly again now.
blinki

Postby blinki » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:37 pm

4th Jan

Weight:64.2kg
I'd guess that's fat gain and it'll come off again pretty quick

Deadlift: 60kg 1x3 65kg 1x5
Squat: 60kg 5x5
Shoulder Press: 12kgs DBs 5x5

10mins cycling

Not quite a math fail on the deadlift but a maths confusion for no real reason. Minimal amount of coughing so I should be fine to cycle more. Quite surprised that a month of no proper lifting doesn't feel like it has done me much backwarding because it was all felt fine
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:15 am

[quote="blinki"]4th Jan

Weight:64.2kg
I'd guess that's fat gain and it'll come off again pretty quick

Deadlift: 60kg 1x3 65kg 1x5
Squat: 60kg 5x5
Shoulder Press: 12kgs DBs 5x5

10mins cycling

Not quite a math fail on the deadlift but a maths confusion for no real reason. Minimal amount of coughing so I should be fine to cycle more. Quite surprised that a month of no proper lifting doesn't feel like it has done me much backwarding because it was all felt fine

just talked to Chewybaws, looks like tommorow is off sadly :( I'll be there still but much earlier than 12.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:30 am

Cool, I'll still be there too but latter on then to save me rushing in the morning
blinki

Postby blinki » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:02 pm

6th Jan

Weight: 65kg (PB :P)

Cycling 15mins
Squat 62kg 5x5
Bench 40kg 5x5

Then I tried to get to 1RM on the leg press machine to settle an argument with my flatmate. I started at 100kg, worked up to 189kg then ran out of weights. I did 10 reps of it and decided to stop instead of wearing myself out for no good reason. I'm not sure if that makes the machine a crap one or my legs disproportionately strong. Either way we'll need to find a machine that goes heavier.

then I messed about with the row cable thingy but don't remember what I did
blinki

Postby blinki » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:31 pm

8th Jan

Deadlift 70kg 1x5
Squat 65kg 5x5
Shoulder Press 14kg DBs 5x5

Deadlifts felt like they involved effort for the first time but I'm not sure if that's just because my glutes are a bit sore and my left hip was stiff for no obvious reason. Diet is back to being consistent and with minimal-reasonable crap

Just over 2 weeks of not smoking. I decided on £5 worth of treats per 4 days no smoking which still saves me money. So far I treated myself to some frozen TVP, tofutti and frozen berries. I don't think it'll work as an incentive if I don't do better at treating myself
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:39 pm

good to meet you!

Lordmuppet endorsement: Blinki is a real living breathing person! :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Good meeting you too. Also, I tried deadlifting in without my trainers on and it felt much better. I didn't try squatting because I was worried it might be slippy but it wasn't so will try it. Thanks for that tip
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 pm

[quote="blinki"]Good meeting you too. Also, I tried deadlifting in without my trainers on and it felt much better. I didn't try squatting because I was worried it might be slippy but it wasn't so will try it. Thanks for that tip

if you are worried about slipping get some cheap chuck taylor knock offs or deadlift slippers
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:17 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"]if you are worried about slipping get some cheap chuck taylor knock offs or deadlift slippers

I'll try it in socks but I was thinking finding my old converse would be a good alternative if that doesn't feel right
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:16 pm

[quote="blinki"][quote="Lordmuppet"]if you are worried about slipping get some cheap chuck taylor knock offs or deadlift slippers

I'll try it in socks but I was thinking finding my old converse would be a good alternative if that doesn't feel right

yep converse is what i meant by chuck taylors
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:42 pm

10th Jan

Weight: 64.6kg

cycling: 20mins

Row: 35kg 5x5
Bench: 42kg 5x5
Squat: 67kg 5x5

After looking for my converse for ages I remembered I gave them away because their mild racism was bothering me. So I squatted in my socks, the floor feels strangely sticky, I like it. I feel like I have less xmas belly and my glutes are still sore no gym until Friday. I'm considering doing yoga once a week. I'm increasingly stressed and unflexable so it could be a good plan
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:51 pm

[quote="blinki"]10th Jan

Weight: 64.6kg

cycling: 20mins

Row: 35kg 5x5
Bench: 42kg 5x5
Squat: 67kg 5x5

After looking for my converse for ages I remembered I gave them away because their mild racism was bothering me.

racist shoes? :shock:
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Orientalist might be more accurate. They were silky and had a print on them which was like orientalism 101. For all they were pretty it made me uncomfortable. I think I might have overthought it but once the idea was there it wouldn;t go away
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 pm

when are you in the CSE on friday?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs