blinki's log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

blinki's log

Postby blinki » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Hopefully starting this will help my motivation a bit. Maybe I'll think of a more original title at some point :lol:

8th Nov
Weighed 62.5 which is down a bit but I was rubbish last week so not a surprise

Bench Press: 30 5x5
Deadlift: 40 4
Squat: 30 2x5 35 3x5

10th Nov
Row 32 5x5
Shoulder Press 32 4 28 5x4
Squat: 45 5 40 4x5

The 32kg shoulder press was horrid, I could barely get them into position. The squats are all over the place because my mental maths is worse than I thought so next time will write down exactly what weights need to be on the bar. Otherwise the were really easy, apart from getting it back in the rack because I set it one too high and my shoulders really weren't liking lifting it up a few inches to get it in. But I was too lazy to take the weights off, get the bar off then lower it. My lower back was a bit annoyed at the start of the week so I left the 5th deadlift
Last edited by blinki on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
blinki

Re: blinki's log

Postby loveliberate » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Nice to see a new log. I hope that it helps you too! :D
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." http://www.a-human-right.com - http://www.aware.org
loveliberate

Postby blinki » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:21 pm

13th Nov

Row: 34 5 x 5
Bench: 42 3 x 5 1x4 5x5
Squat 45 5 x 5

First time I've actually managed to do what I was meant to be doing since changing routine. My maths is much more under control so I should manage to properly increase the weight now. BPs on the 8th were actually 40kg, more maths fail. I missed one today but I think I'll put that down to not resting enough between sets. I probably could have done it but the 4th felt shaky and I didn't want to have to shout someone over to come rescue me from under the bar.

I forgot to weigh myself but my chest has hit 36 inches, I'm short enough to consider that an achievement :lol: Was 31 before I started working out but now it's actually harder to get clothes that fit
blinki

Postby blinki » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:40 pm

15th Nov

Weight 62.8kg
I'm happy enough with that, I've been eating well though it is just back to the point my weight has been stuck at

Squat: 47 5x5
Deadlift: 45 2x5

Squats were fine on my legs still but there was twice when I thought I might drop the bar. I'm hoping it is bad technique since I've never engaged my brain on how to hold it, I've only ever thought about legs and back. So I'll do a bit research but if not I think there's a good possibility my arms just are much disproportionately weaker than they rest of my body. I think they were to blame for the shaky benches the other day too since it was only my biceps that felt a bit sore the next day

Deadlifts were easy, my back irritation seems to be totally gone and my technique seems to be improving

I meant to do shoulder pressed too but never wrote it down so totally forgot then couldn't work out why it was such a quick work out. I'll swap it for rows on Thursday since I am probably better going without rows than presses
blinki

Postby blinki » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:43 pm

17th Nov

Weight: 62.2kg
That's a bit wtf? Though my arms look better so maybe I've lost some fat.

Squat: 50kg 5x5
Bench Press:45kg 5x5
Shoulder Press: 14kg DBs 3x5
Row: 30kg 4x5

Good day at the gym. They were playing Go West and my squats were better
blinki

Postby blinki » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:28 pm

19th Nov

Weight 62.2kg
Least I'm consistent :lol: I'm torn between stopping weighing myself so often and being happy so long as I'm getting stronger and really eating more. As well as being stronger I do want to be bigger and look stronger and that isn't going to happen without weight gain. I might start drink soy milkshake instead of water when I'm at home and making sure to eat my peanut butter and seeing what difference that makes. Either that or I find a pocket snack which I can pick at through the day so I'm not thinking of it as a meal but get a few 100 extra calories. But anyway:

Squat: 52.5 5x5
Deadlift: 50 1x5 1x3
Shoulder Press: 2x14kg DBs 4x5 1x3

Squats and dealifts are still feeling pretty easy. The shoulder presses are getting there, once more and I'll hopefully be able to up the weight
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:56 am

hey I train at the Edinburgh Uni CSE Tues, Thurs, Sat. You should join me for a session sometime! :D
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Would be good to train with you sometime. I go to CSE too, generally Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday in the afternoon
blinki

Postby Frostfire » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:38 am

Yay for VF meetups! :D
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby blinki » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:23 pm

22nd Nov

Weight 63kg
Heaviest I've ever been (not by much) but fuck it was horrible. I think that's over 1 and a half pounds in 3 days which is a lot. I was strict on what I was eating which led to having to eat when I wasn't even hungry. So yeah, possibly a bit too far on the eating more. Instead of my guess work nutrition I'm going to properly track myself for 1lb a week gain and see how that goes

Squat: 55kg 5x5
Row: 34kg 5x5
Bench: 47.5kg 3x5 1x2 1x1

I feel like I should have been able to get 5x5 on that bench but I was tired and not feeling all too with it.
blinki

Postby blinki » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:54 pm

24th Nov

Weight: 63.9kg
more wtf? I checked it twice because I didn't believe it. I ate less and gained more quicker. Only explanation I'm coming up with is I've got to the point of lifting heavy enough again so I'll gain so long as I eat reasonably. But I swear the better part of 2kgs in 5 days isn't normal
My chest is now 37inches. I put on a tshirt that was once too big and you could see my pecs under it

Shoulder Press 14kg DBs 5x5
Squat 57kg 5x5
Deadlift 55kg 1x5
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:57 pm

[quote="blinki"]Would be good to train with you sometime. I go to CSE too, generally Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday in the afternoon

I am usually there late mornings but tuesday and saturday are long sessions so I'm there into the afternoon (especially tuesday).

fancy joining me at 11am on this tuesday coming? I'll actually be there from 10.30 but sorting out my stuff/warming up seems to always eat up half an hour.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby blinki » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:21 pm

I have a meeting at 12 so wouldn't be much point but could do around that time on Thursday or next Tuesday
blinki

Postby blinki » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Today isn't a work out day but I was up and down a lot of stairs carrying not so heavy stuff. I was horribly out of breath. So new workout rule of 20mins of cardio to warm up instead of my usual few minutes going hard until I feel sort of warm. It wasn't that long ago that I was cycling for 40 mins 3 times a week so it shouldn't take too long to get sort of decent again. I'd rather slow my gains than feel unfit.

I really, really need to quit smoking (again) too. I'm not doing it now because I have an essay deadline and an exam so it'd make me far to irritable. I'd rather smoke for a few more weeks than make uni even harder. I'll be at my parents for a week over Christmas and New Year so I'll use that as my starting because I have less triggers there so can go days without thinking about smoking. Then 2012 will be my first year with no smoking at all since 2005. I probably spend £12-15 a week on fags so I'll use that money to buy myself treats for motivation and my mind being the way it is that will usually end up meaning tasty things.

Hopefully posting this will help me stick to it.
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:30 pm

[quote="blinki"]Today isn't a work out day but I was up and down a lot of stairs carrying not so heavy stuff. I was horribly out of breath. So new workout rule of 20mins of cardio to warm up instead of my usual few minutes going hard until I feel sort of warm. It wasn't that long ago that I was cycling for 40 mins 3 times a week so it shouldn't take too long to get sort of decent again. I'd rather slow my gains than feel unfit.

I really, really need to quit smoking (again) too. I'm not doing it now because I have an essay deadline and an exam so it'd make me far to irritable. I'd rather smoke for a few more weeks than make uni even harder. I'll be at my parents for a week over Christmas and New Year so I'll use that as my starting because I have less triggers there so can go days without thinking about smoking. Then 2012 will be my first year with no smoking at all since 2005. I probably spend £12-15 a week on fags so I'll use that money to buy myself treats for motivation and my mind being the way it is that will usually end up meaning tasty things.

Hopefully posting this will help me stick to it.

Yep this tuesday coming at 11 sounds good! I'll be wearing a blue t shirt and blue lifting shoes in case you don't recognise me from my picture :)

Oh and how about saving up cigarette money for some cool training gear such as a belt?!

Oh and I'll be in FW1 surrounded by bags and stuff!
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Next

Return to Training Logs