Perseverance Log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: 2XBW Deadlift Jersey Shore Style

Postby Linnéa76 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:10 pm

KaliBaby wrote:I set up the 5X5 chart so that by the 12th week I'd deadlift 275 lbs (125kg).

That's a very good goal!
I see that baldy is using my PB for trash-videoposting, with the best of intentions I'm sure... :lol:

+1 on True Blood being very exciting and at the same time rather corny. :)
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby KaliBaby » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 am

Linnéa76 wrote:
KaliBaby wrote:I set up the 5X5 chart so that by the 12th week I'd deadlift 275 lbs (125kg).

That's a very good goal!
I see that baldy is using my PB for trash-videoposting, with the best of intentions I'm sure... :lol:

yes, a good goal... though is it attainable or crack pipe? will just have to find out!

baldy thinks he's clever by driving me mad with envy... I'll make him pay later :twisted:
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby baldy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:48 am

KaliBaby wrote:
Linnéa76 wrote:

That's a very good goal!

yes, a good goal... though is it attainable or crack pipe? will just have to find out!

baldy thinks he's clever by driving me mad with envy... I'll make him pay later :twisted:

5x5 125kg sounds like big hit from the crack pipe. 125kg single would be awesome, do it!

My favourite video is the one with Linnéa76 squatting in little strappy girly shoes.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Linnéa76 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 pm

KaliBaby wrote:
Linnéa76 wrote:

That's a very good goal!

125 is totally attainable for you! :) Seems one can always add a little to the deadlift, don't you think? Squat,
on the other hand... 1,5 BW seems SO heavy, at least for me.

baldy wrote:My favourite video is the one with Linnéa76 squatting in little strappy girly shoes.

And here I was thinking gladiator sandals made me look butch! :P
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby KaliBaby » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Linnéa76 wrote:Squat, on the other hand... 1,5 BW seems SO heavy, at least for me.

I agree, a bit scary haha. I can't imagine squatting 240 lbs/109 kg by the end of the program but let's see how close I can get.

As for overhead press (another exercise in the 5X5 program), I have my reservations about going heavy with this one. Is it really necessary?

Went for a cautious run today, a bit distracted by my knee. It was like... are you about to pop or something? Ran around the lake across the street and then went oceanside, ran on the boardwalk to the north end and back down to the south pavilion, then back home.

cardio: 34:27 run

Orientation for my new job is on Friday. I'll be taking an early ass train M-F for the next couple of weeks for training. I don't know how my energy will be in the evenings. Basically I have to get up around 5-5:30, hop on a train at 6:40, and get to work by 9am (hopefully the bus I'll need to take at the train station will be on time!). Training will end around 5-6 and then I have to take the bus again to get back on the train. I won't get back home until 8pm or later :shock:

Thankfully when school actually starts I won't have to take the train until 11:30am so I can work out in the morning or sleep in a bit :D
KaliBaby

Postby Mellos » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Heavy overhead pressing helps increasing your benchpress and it´s pretty darn cool.
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby soniczip » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:17 am

KaliBaby wrote:Orientation for my new job is on Friday. I'll be taking an early ass train M-F for the next couple of weeks for training. I don't know how my energy will be in the evenings. Basically I have to get up around 5-5:30, hop on a train at 6:40, and get to work by 9am (hopefully the bus I'll need to take at the train station will be on time!). Training will end around 5-6 and then I have to take the bus again to get back on the train. I won't get back home until 8pm or later :shock:

good luck with the orientation perdiod and your new job in general :D
once you get home, you surely can do some (30 minutes) bodyweight exercises + some burpees to remind your heart who the boss is?! :wink:
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby baldy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 am

Mellos wrote:Heavy overhead pressing helps increasing your benchpress and it´s pretty darn cool.

OH press is pretty easy exercise really, so its worth doing. Probably has some carry over to bench but I wouldn't say it has loads.
Looks cool in the gym when you do it with big plates :twisted:
Lots of solid deadlift trash talking, but 2 weeks with no actually real life deadlifts? Do it!
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Mellos » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 am

baldy wrote:Lots of solid deadlift trash talking, but 2 weeks with no actually real life deadlifts? Do it!

Or at least ghr, good mornings, reverse hypers... something that carries over to the deadlift.
Current PBs:
195 kg SQ, 130 kg Bench, 245 kg DL, 200 kg SQ w/ wraps

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 267,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 710
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby KaliBaby » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:39 am

Mellos wrote:
baldy wrote:Lots of solid deadlift trash talking, but 2 weeks with no actually real life deadlifts? Do it!

Or at least ghr, good mornings, reverse hypers... something that carries over to the deadlift.

Heyyyyy I deadlifted on Saturday, over 100kg so give me a break. I just didn't record sets/weights!

Patience dear studs, hopefully I'll find out my schedule for the rest of August so I'll know when I can start stronglifts and "actually deadlift" :P

After I came back from the beach today I put my hair in pigtail braids. Kept them in at the gym, felt badass squatting while looking like Pippi Longstocking :lol:

cardio: 45+ biking roundtrip to/from gym

squats: 6X5 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, 100 lbs
front squats: 4X5 50, 55, 60, 65 lbs
speedy hang cleans: 3X10 40, 50, 60 lbs
push ups: 2X10
dips off bench: 2X10
plank on bosu: 2X1 minute

Going to bed early tonight, have a long day ahead of me tomorrow! Thanks soniczip for your well wishes!
KaliBaby

Postby KaliBaby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Oooooph last week was brutal! Full day trainings with 4 hours roundtrip commute.

Now I'm working my 'real' hours so I'll have some time and energy in the morning. It's official: I'll be starting the 5X5 program next week (most likely will start with a Tues/Thurs/Saturday schedule). Very excited to see my progress over the next 3 months :D

squats: 6X5 55, 65, 75, 85, 95, 105 lbs
front squats: 4X5 50, 55, 60, 65 lbs
weighted walking lunges: 2X15 15 lb DBs
calf raises: 2X15 25 lb DBs
front plank on bosu: 1 minute
knee tucks on bosu: 2X25
medicine ball twists on floor (legs up): 2X20 4kg

I also dyed my hair medium-ish brown. I don't have the money to maintain the super blonde so I opted for a $9 alternative haha. Will maybe post a picture if I go out this week/weekend with friends.
KaliBaby

Postby KaliBaby » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 am

Went for a nice run this morning on the boardwalk, the sand and shining water looked so serene 8)

cardio: 30 minute run

I'm settling into my work schedule/commute fairly well. I'm really glad I have my mornings to exercise because by the time I get home at night I'm pooped!
KaliBaby

Postby KaliBaby » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Survived Hurricane Irene (posted some pics here).

The wind and rain were pretty scary. My family had to stay in the basement because of tornado warnings. The basement started flooding and we did our best to soak the water up and empty water buckets as needed.

Only just got power back an hour or so ago, woo! We've been without power since early Saturday night. Can't wait to take a shower tonight!

Went for a bike ride to see what kind of damage other towns experienced. A lot of flooding, some roof damage here and there. I was shocked when I saw two fishing piers still standing, in comparison to my town's boardwalk which was completely destroyed!

cardio: 87 minutes biking along ocean

Tomorrow, provided that the gym is open, I start Stronglifts 5X5 8)
KaliBaby

Postby soniczip » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:33 am

glad nothing happened to you and your family!
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby KaliBaby » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 am

Thanks soniczip!

So.... today I started the Stronglifts 5X5 program 8) I'm going to follow the program for the full 12 weeks this time, no excuses!

Body stats (I posted a "before" picture in the Phwoar thread, will post another picture at end of program):

Height: just under 5'4
Weight: 142.5 lbs
Body fat%: 26%
Band: 34 inches; Full bust: 38 inches (D cup)
Waist: 30 inches
Hips: 38 inches

Current PBs

Bench: 99 lbs / 45 kg
Squat: 145 lbs / 65.8 kg
Deadlift: 231 lbs / 105 kg

According to program schedule, target lifts by Week 12:

Bench: 130 lbs / 59 kg
Squat: 240 lbs / 109 kg
Deadlift: 275 lbs / 125 kg

My biggest goal/challenge is to deadlift twice my bodyweight. I would also like to weigh between 135-140 with 20-22% body fat. I really hope I don't lose my boobs :roll:

Week 1

Session 1

squats: 10X bar, 5X5 65 lbs
bench: 10X bar, 5X5 55 lbs
barbell row: 5X5 65 lbs

plank on bosu: 1X 1 minute
knee tucks on bosu: 2X30
KaliBaby

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs