Muppet Goal: Lean at 31

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Road to 3xbw deadlift

Postby blinki » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 pm

I remember watching that episode on Disney when they reran all of dinosours :lol:

Lordmuppet wrote:Do people get moobs on steroids? I forget. I have some vague memory of that being the case but now i think about it it makes no sense.

Too much testosterone converts some of it into estrogen- I want to say it's called aromaticisation but I'm not sure if that's quite right.
blinki

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:47 pm

blinki wrote:I remember watching that episode on Disney when they reran all of dinosours :lol:

Lordmuppet wrote:Do people get moobs on steroids? I forget. I have some vague memory of that being the case but now i think about it it makes no sense.

Too much testosterone converts some of it into estrogen- I want to say it's called aromaticisation but I'm not sure if that's quite right.

I've never actually watched a whole episode of it!
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Goob » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:
blinki wrote:I remember watching that episode on Disney when they reran all of dinosours :lol:

I've never actually watched a whole episode of it!

I watched every episode of that show I think :lol:

Quite a few guys from my gym started on test this year and possibly some other stuff, an so far none of them have noticeably bigger moobs than before. Really, I think there are less moobs among them, but I don't spend much time checking out moobs.
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby blinki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Goob wrote:Quite a few guys from my gym started on test this year and possibly some other stuff, an so far none of them have noticeably bigger moobs than before. Really, I think there are less moobs among them, but I don't spend much time checking out moobs.

I think your testosterone levels need to get silly high before it turns into estrogen. If they have just started it then I assume common sense is you start at a more moderate dose and build up if need be.
blinki

Postby Goob » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:46 pm

blinki wrote:
Goob wrote:Quite a few guys from my gym started on test this year and possibly some other stuff, an so far none of them have noticeably bigger moobs than before. Really, I think there are less moobs among them, but I don't spend much time checking out moobs.

I think your testosterone levels need to get silly high before it turns into estrogen. If they have just started it then I assume common sense is you start at a more moderate dose and build up if need be.

Not sure these guys have much common sense to be honest, so who knows how much they are taking. I imagine they aren't taking tons though, because that stuff is almost as expensive as vega products.
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Muppet hits the wall :(

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:47 pm

delayed update. Left Phd program and so very busy applying for jobs. Very promising interview on Monday so we will see how that goes.

Texas 8A
Garage with 5ft bar
June 19th
Squat belt 5x5x117kg
Bench paused 67kg attempted 5x5 but only got [b]one rep before dying fail[/b]
Strengthshop Gripper 100lb
right hand 3x13
left hand 3x13
notes
only able for a single on bench. WTF? Perhaps because session was late at night?

June 20th
attempted 5x5x60kg on bench but only got 1x5. Left neck unhappy so stopped. Getting weaker on bench so must be hitting some sort of wall.

hence rest week. Good week to have it as was away in West of Scotland for wedding. Underate while away at wedding :(

5 mins of step ups with 20kg plate. 10 reps with 15 second rests. Sweating like a sweaty yeti at the end. God I'm unfit ha ha ha

Rest for rest of the week
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Easing back in after rest week

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:55 pm

26th of June

10 mins step ups onto my bench (20kg plate, 10 steps followed by 15 seconds rests)

27th of June
Squat belt 5x5x95kg
slight tweak in lower right back at reracking at end of fourth set
OHP 5x5x35kg
slight tweak on left bicep on 4th set
Garage Pull ups 3x5
Gripper Strengthshop 100lb
right 3x14
left 3x14
11 mins of step ups (20kg plate, 10 steps then 15 seconds rest)

step ups are great cardio. Need to do more of them though! Figured out how to do Pull ups in Garage. Will post shortly as don't have my adaptor with me.

1st of July
will do low volume high intensity session in garage and edit it in here

Other news
My poor sister has lost her finger at work in a machine so may be going out to new zealand to help out. Just found out today. Things will become clearer next few days. Mum is going out there in a few days.
Converted some old standard dumbell handles to olympic dumbell handles for total materials cost of 2 pounds. Took pictures. Will post soon to show others how to do the same.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: Easing back in after rest week

Postby Konstantin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:My poor sister has lost her finger at work in a machine so may be going out to new zealand to help out. Just found out today. Things will become clearer next few days.

Ouch! Industrial accident? Hope she's OK.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Re: Easing back in after rest week

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Konstantin wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:My poor sister has lost her finger at work in a machine so may be going out to new zealand to help out. Just found out today. Things will become clearer next few days.

Ouch! Industrial accident? Hope she's OK.

yeah industrial accident. She's an electrician. I don't know the details beyond that it was some paper mashing machine and the finger came off :(
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

football

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:17 am

So just been offered to train with one of the world's oldest amateur soccer teams. I wish i could say it was on ability but one of their players (close friend of a close friend) apparently feels super guilty about calling me short when we were in high school or something ... ha ha ha. Weird.

Anyway will consider it.

I worry that

a) 90 minute games would interfere with powerlifting as i think they did before
b) I often turn into a guy i don't like when i play soccer
c) it seems kindof serious and I was never a very skilled player beyond having a good pass. worried i'd be out of my depth.

hmmmm

This is them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-Ball_Club

correction: world's oldest football club
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Adena » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 am

There's nothing wrong with being short! :lol:

I think you're overthinking it. Just get out there and have fun!
Adena

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:48 pm

A(tempted update from phone. Hi-tech muppet.

3rd July
12 mins of 20lg step ups. 10 reps then 15 second rest

4th July
TX 1A
Squat belt 5x5x110kg
Bench 5x5x50kg
Barbell row 3x5x40kg easy
Gripper 100lb 3x15 both hands
Step ups 20kg 13 mins
Notes
Gripper done btwn bench to save time
Bench easy and should be
Left knee unhappy towards end of step ups. Tightness there has recently been a problem outside of gym

5th July
44kg farrmers walk 5 mins at 10 second rests

6th july
Squat 3x5x80kg
OHP 3x5x40kg
CUs 3x5
Pinch simultaneous hands each with two 5kg plates 50s/50s/50s pinch PR
44kg farmers walks 4.5 mins, grip gave out
10 mins garage drive sprints

7th July
11 mins driveway sprints

8th July
TX 1C
Squat belt 1x2x127.5kg 2RM PR
Deadlift 1x1x180kg FAILED video coming soon
Bench 5x5x55kg
Wrist curls 3x10x5kg plate each hand
Sprints 15mins

Sadness about losing deadlift race to Talyn seriously offset by date arranged at end of session with beautiful lady from gym. Woot!
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Talyn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:Sadness about losing deadlift race to Talyn seriously offset by date arranged at end of session with beautiful lady from gym. Woot!

Does she lift?

Can she deadlift 180kg?

;)
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:18 pm

Talyn wrote:
Lordmuppet wrote:Sadness about losing deadlift race to Talyn seriously offset by date arranged at end of session with beautiful lady from gym. Woot!

Does she lift?

Can she deadlift 180kg?

;)

Don't know if she lifts. Haven't seen her around the barbells but maybe she does the machines.

Oh and we can sub-contract our lifts now? Awesome ;)
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Still here ...

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:00 pm

still here still lifting ...

unemployed and trying to live off £50 a week (i have free rent and bills so not so bad as it sounds but still tight).

Date didn't work out on account of her hooking up with her ex hours after i dropped her home. Shame as there was a lot of physical chemistry :)

So yeah things aren't great but we soldier on :) Finding it hard to find time to post. Looking and apply for jobs from 9-5 and then try to catch up with the many things on my to do list :( Design comp is over now so looking forward to spending more time on the FAQ project.

July 9th 2012
15 mins sprints

July 10th 2012
TX 2A
Garage 5ft bar
Squat 5x5x115kg
OHP 5x5x45kg
notes had to leave for train. Done in one hour!

July 15th
TX 2C
Garage 5ft bar
Squat 1x3x127kg
OHP 1x3x52kg
Garage PUs 6/6/3
CUs 5/2/switched to curls for the date ;)
dumbell curls 1x5x12kg each arm
CUs and PUs were done back to back

July 16th
Sprints 15 mins

July 19th
TX 3A
Garage 5ft bar
Squat 5x5x117kg
Bench 5x5x57.5kg
Barbell row 3x5x50kg
notes
may have figured out leg drive!

July 20
Springs 15 mins

July 21
Sprints 15 mins

July 22
TX 3C
Garage 5ft bar
Squat 1x1x146kg
Bench 5x5x60kg
Barbell row 3x5x55kg
Deadlift 4x1x145kg (was aiming for 5x1 but missed last rep)
Sprints went out to park but decided against it as the inside of my left ankle hurt and warming up the foot didn't seem to help

edited to say moobs are on the way out! Need to remember to start posting average bws again. Is around about 71kg now
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs