Muppet Goal: Lean at 31

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Road to 3xbw deadlift

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:43 pm

felt a little sorry for myself on account of cold/flu so went down to the garage to scope out new equipment

Turns out with the roof rack straps I can get up to 185kg on the 5ft bar. Given current deadlift max is 165kg that gives me some good breathing space :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Konstantin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 am

Which grippers did you get apart from #1?

Do you close to parallel or touching?
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:12 pm

[quote="Konstantin"]Which grippers did you get apart from #1?

Do you close to parallel or touching?

to touching

collection is

CoC guide
Strengthshop no1
Baraban 100lb
Coc 1
Baraban 160lb
Coc 2
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Goob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"].....
But yeah all kinds of veggies :) so for me I try to scope them out first to figure out which type they are :)

I was one of those "95% vegan" vegetarians for many years, so I understand there are different types and that many people need a transition period. That isn't my issue. I just cannot believe that someone can understand how important veganism is to me unless they are also vegan. I'm sure this belief has been shaped by my family being not only unsupportive, but also slightly hostile toward my vegetarianism and then my veganism.

If the people that have known me the longest can't understand, how can someone I've just met? My mother will still call me to ask if I'd pick up some eggs or milk or cheese or fast food burgers, or if I'd wear this leather jacket her friend is now too fat to wear and, she will still get angry every time I tell her no. My family still says I "don't like meat/eggs/dairy" and no matter how many times I tell them, they still think this is some kind of diet. I can't even trust my mother to cook for me, because in the past she has knowingly tried to feed me things containing animal products.

I don't expect other people to think this way, and it is undoubtedly a bad thing that I do myself, but I can't help it given my experience.
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

back off week/cold week

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Belated update

After some research, I decided to start incorporating back off weeks. Took one this week after 3 weeks heavy training but have decided to take every fifth week instead from now on.

Back off week = two small recovery sessions

Was ill with cold for whole week and generally miserable :cry:

29 March
Squat 3x5x60kg
Bench 2 sec pause 3x5x40kg

1st April
Realised there wasn't much point going to gym as i have equipment for light sessions
Squat with Grey Band 3x5
Neutral Grip Push ups on Irongym 3x10

Garage gym should be set up by the end of the month!

now begins four weeks of Texas Method + more food to see if I can put on weight that way.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: back off week/cold week

Postby Goob » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Sucks you've been sick. Everyone I know has been coming down with the flu or something this past month or so. Upped my banana intake, so hopefully it will keep me well :lol:

[quote="Lordmuppet"]...

I'm so jealous! I want to set up a squat rack and maybe a lifting platform at home, but really don't have the space for one. I was going to put it in the living room, but some people say I can't because it will block the television :roll: . For sure, the deciding factor for the next place I live will be whether there is a place for a power rack.
Goob

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 am

[quote="Goob"]Sucks you've been sick. Everyone I know has been coming down with the flu or something this past month or so. Upped my banana intake, so hopefully it will keep me well :lol:

[quote="Lordmuppet"]...

I'm so jealous! I want to set up a squat rack and maybe a lifting platform at home, but really don't have the space for one. I was going to put it in the living room, but some people say I can't because it will block the television :roll: . For sure, the deciding factor for the next place I live will be whether there is a place for a power rack.

how much space do you have to work with?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Goob » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:06 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"][quote="Goob"]Sucks you've been sick. Everyone I know has been coming down with the flu or something this past month or so. Upped my banana intake, so hopefully it will keep me well :lol:

[quote="Lordmuppet"]...

how much space do you have to work with?

the only place that isn't off limits is about 2 feet by 4 feet, so not really a viable place. There is tons of space in the kitchen that isn't even being used, but that won't go over any better than the living room option :lol: . Am staying at my moms place for now and she isn't too keen on the idea to begin with, so if it might inconvenience her even a little, it's not going to happen.
Goob

Postby Rach » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Great that you've got a set up in your garage now! Plan to give your home gym a name? My old powerlifting coach calls his 'The garage of Power' cool name :) .Hope you're feeling better :D
Rach

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:06 pm

[quote="Rach"]Great that you've got a set up in your garage now! Plan to give your home gym a name? My old powerlifting coach calls his 'The garage of Power' cool name :) .Hope you're feeling better :D

Almost set up but not quite. The junk is moved at the end of the month at which point I will buy and move in my this. A snip at 130 pounds i think.

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf415-squat-and-dip-rack-with-spotter-catchers.php

Hmmmm you have got me thinking about names now! :)
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Return from back off week = cold what cold?

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:50 pm

talked to Baldy about how hard to come back and he sensibly suggested to go by feel. I felt like a beast so went hard :)

finally adding all activity to log not just lifting but grip and jitsu

TEXAS 1A
3rd April
Squat belt 5x5x106kg
Dead belt 5x1x152kg PR 5RM
Bench 5x5x60kg
Bike L4/10 mins/2.92km
notes
grip DL harder next time
inside of thighs ache (lower than groin) ... occasional tweak. Turned out to be nothing.

4th April
100lb Strengthshop gripper
Right 4x7
Left 4x7

TEXAS 1B
5th April
Squat 3x5x80kg
OHP 3x5x36kg
double handed plate pinch 25kg 45s/40s/35s/35s pinch PR

6th April
2 hours traditional jitsu (probably bad for self defense i've decided but works as GPP for me just now)
I am way behind everyone there *sigh* :( Got my foot stamped on in the grinder (sort of brief sparring thing) because a dude couldn't get out of the headlock i had him in and I missed the simulated stamp that was a signal for me to weaken grip.

TEXAS 1C
7th April
Squat 1x1x134kg ORM PR (decent form for a ORM I think)
Paused Bench (2 second pause) 1x1x77kg
PUs 3x5
Bike L4/10 mins/3.4km

8th April
Neutral grip CUs at home to Jimmy Hendrix 1x9
wrist curls 4x10 olympic dumbell plus 1lb
reverse wrist curls 4x10 olympic dumbell plus 1lb
notes
minor discomfort on right reverse wrist curls (jolted wrist a wee bit at jitsu)
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Rach » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Rack looks good. Congrats on the dead and squat prs.:)
Rach

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 pm

TEXAS 2A
10th April
morning weigh in 70kg
Squat belt 5x5x108kg PR 5X5
Dead belt 5x1x154kg PR 5RM

OHP 5x5x45kg PR 5X5
Bike L4/10 mins/2.92km
notes
right shoulder giving me some b/s stiffness/soreness
slight tweak in right shoulder on two of the squats

TEXAS 2B
12th April
Squat 3x5x85kg
Bench 3x5x48kg
double handed plate pinch 25kg 50s/40s/35s/35s pinch PR
Bike L4/10mins/3.07km
notes
right shoulder sometimes issue on squats, not on later sets
sternum hurts when going to lie down for some reason

13th April
2 hours traditional jitsu
100lb Strengthshop gripper
Right 4x8
Left 4x8

TEXAS 2C
14th April
Squat 1x2x120kg
OHP 1x2x50kg PR 2RM
Bike L4/10 mins/3.02km
notes
did diesel crew shoulder mobility and old shoulder rehab. Shoulders feel fine on OHP, some minor irritation on squats.

15th April
wrist curls 4x10 olympic dumbell plus 1.5lb
reverse wrist curls 4x10 olympic dumbell plus 1.5lb
Neutral grip CUs at home to Jimmy Hendrix 1x10
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 am

TEXAS 3A
17th April
morning weigh in ?kg (no note sadly)
Squat belt 5x5x110kg PR 5X5
Dead belt 5x1x156kg PR 5RM
Bench 5x5x62kg PR 5X5
Bike L4/10 mins/3.42km
notes
right wrist a wee bit sore at start of day. Too much surfing online. Must. Get. Life.
Threw up between squat and DL. DL very hard as result. Witness confirmed lower back was okay and lifts were locked out.
Small sternum issue persists. Will get it checked out.

TEXAS 3B
19th April
light garage session
fairly light band squat
light OHP

TEXAS 3C
24th April
Squat 1x3x120kg PR 3RM
Bench 1x3x71kg PR 3RM
Bike L4/10 mins/3.60km
notes:
was away at conference for the weekend. Jumped off train and straight into gym. No idea how I got the PRs given I was seriously sleep deprived and undernourished.

don't see any notes about wrist work. Wtf? Did i forget or did it never happen? In any case it wasn't logged so never happened :(

Exhaustion has caught up with me so taking the back off week a week early. Next week will be light in the garage. Am thinking of naming garage after this dude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%BA_Chulainn
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby tal » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 pm

[quote="Lordmuppet"]Squat belt 5x5x110kg PR 5X5
[quote="Lordmuppet"]Squat 1x1x134kg ORM PR

300lb milestone should fall very soon!
tal

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs