Muppet Goal: Lean at 31

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Muppet Goal: Lean at 31

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:27 am

Okay so I think I need some public accountability to get my sleep, diet and alcohol consumption back on track.

Am making great gains but no idea why really given recovery is seriously sub-optimal. Current sleep/diet/alcohol will certainly not be adequate for future goals so going to sort it out now.

Long term goals: State/Scottish Deadlift record in open 165lb or 185lb class AND three times bodyweight deadlift. Obviously in a federation where the current record is decent. Scottish record for 165lb class is around 450lb in both Massachusetts and Scotland in most federations. Californian USAPL record is 600lb! :shock: but probably will be leaving here soon he he he

Not sure how long this will take. Originally budgeted 12 years but hopefully will take a lot less.

Current bw: 148lb
Current Deadlift: 370lb (@150bw)

Log will contain more sleep/diet stuff than remarks on training for now.

First step up off my ass at 8am tomorrow to login here and go prepare food for the day which i have not done in a long time.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: Road to 3xbw deadlift

Postby JP » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 am

LETS GO!
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:54 am

[quote="Lordmuppet"]
Am making great gains but no idea why really given recovery is seriously sub-optimal. Current sleep/diet/alcohol will certainly not be adequate for future goals so going to sort it out now.

Don't let this make you lose heart. I have met plenty of beasts that are fairly hard drinking, smoking and partying. Just make sure you can make every workout count. If your not fresh nail some caffeine and make it happen.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Am up on time, groggy but up which is better than last 5 mornings in a row that i've tried and failed. Couldn't sleep barely at all so stayed up my World History book that usually gets me to sleep, then rereading Rippetoe and some remedial stuff on nutrition. Still couldn't sleep so gave up on sleeping and went back online (bad i know but sleep was not happening and i was sick of reading books)

Almost done with World History book, next History Book will be either US History, Irish History, Scottish History or Black American History). Will probably go for Howard Zinn now i think about it. Any recommendations? It's very much a remedial amateur interest so readability is important.

[quote="baldy"][quote="Lordmuppet"]

Don't let this make you lose heart. I have met plenty of beasts that are fairly hard drinking, smoking and partying. Just make sure you can make every workout count. If your not fresh nail some caffeine and make it happen.

yep instant coffee is a beautiful thing :)

Today the vegan space food crap in boxes gets thrown out of the fridge!
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby tal » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Hey good luck with this, it's always good to have a goal.

Those deadlift records seem quite low, especially for the 75kg class. Get it done!
tal

Postby vegan hal » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:36 pm

hey good deal LM! yeah, we're not all sXe here. Baldy likes to tie one on and so do I. but sometimes i have to dry out for a couple days or i lose too much energy.

good luck. 3x BW is a good goal. that would be 600lbs for me right now which just seems crack pipe. I'm hoping to crack 420 by year end.
vegan hal

Postby thestoatyone » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:03 pm

3 x bodyweight = Awesome goal!
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Tuesday is heavy day

Squats 5x5 for 230lb (five minute rests)
Deadlifts 2 sets of 5 rapid fire singles at 280lb
OHP: 5x5 80lb
Pull ups to test injury: 4 noticed very small amount of residual pain. Healing well.
Rehab assisted PUs on machine: 8

Got all days meals in with no crap.

Protein shake (with fruit, veg, cocoa, flax)
Half cup or nuts with bunch of celery
Vegan Lentil Curry (with coconut milk)
Oatmeal Porridge with seeds and fruit

Have not forgotten about giving away the junk food. That is happening tonight when i visit the kittens, their foster mom is an ovo lacto veg who is happy to have them.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:44 pm

[quote="Talyn"]Hey good luck with this, it's always good to have a goal.

Those deadlift records seem quite low, especially for the 75kg class. Get it done!

yeah they are a bit low. Function of there being a million federations. That said the MA 100% Raw Federation has around 515lb as their 75kg record. I think that's pretty respectable.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby vegan hal » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:35 pm

nice lifting. we're rocking the same squats today.
vegan hal

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:19 pm

two days ago ... (belated post)

Light day

Squat 155lb 3x5
Bench 95lb 3x5
Some chin ups (10 no pain) and some assisted pull ups (almost no assistance and no pain).

Food

Protein Shake (added in some spelt)
Lentil Curry
Nuts and veg
Porridge and Fruit

gave away all the junk food a.k.a 'fun food' *sniff sniff*. Need to get better at cooking to make good stuff more fun!
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:19 pm

yesterday (also belated post)

Protein shake
Lentil Curry
Nuts and veg

Felt like crap when i woke up so lay in for 45 mins

stomach was off all day so haven't been able to work or really do anything. Is probably the stress about moving all my stuff in less than two weeks. Quantity of sleep has been good but quality has been bad last two days. Stressful dreams.

Will be going through others training logs once a week as I had underestimated how long it takes!

May also start to make these into weekly updates instead. Will see.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:11 am

woke up at 8am as planned but so stomach felt like crap again so went back for two hours. Have established that lying in doesn't help it which makes sense if it is stress.

Got up went to farmers market to occupy myself and that made it a lot better. A shot of vodka and some yogurt then sorted it entirely and i even got 5 hours of research work done. Just need to prepare for going away and that should help it i think, will feel more in control.

Had my nuts and veg. Now time to pound shake and curry and then bed.
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:11 pm

sleep is off again due to staying up late to eat (enough hours but weird hours). Will force back tonight which will mean very few hours tonight but will be back in the routine. Heavy day will not be fun ...

Yesterday

Squat 260lb 1x3 (3RM PR)
Deadlift con 285lb 1x5 (i say 1x5 but maybe better described as 5 rapid fire singles as i step back between each rep?)
Overhead Press 97.5lb 1x2 (2RM PR)
Overhead Press 97.5lb 1x3 (3RM PR)

No missed or cheat meals. Pretty much 100% for the week minus some vodka, yogurt and an entire jar of olives (olives are ok right? )

am dropping the set of 5 sumo deadlifts

I realized I need GPP work (am slightly flabby and i'll need the stamina when i compete in a year or two). What and how much do the other smaller people do? I'd like to do jiu jitsu. Maybe not ideal but i want to do jiu jitsu anyway for self defense. Thoughts?

I'm thinking psuedo sled dragging in the sense of pushing and pulling around a weights bench

Will be switching to weekly updates and just mentioning missed meals and cheat meals.

Looking forward to getting in a session with VeganJosh in NYC! :)

edited to add weigh in at 150lb
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Tuesday

morning bodyweight: 150lb
belted Squat 235lb 5x5
Conventional Deadlift 290lb 1x5
Bench 120lb 5x5
Chin ups 10, 10, 7

Thursday

Squat 185lb 2x5
Press 72.5lb 3x5
tried some pull ups but still some residual TFCC pain
Assisted Pull Ups L1 10

Saturday

ORM day! woot!
ORM Squat 295lb (ugly) PR
ORM Deadlift to 375lb (not ugly) PR
ORM Bench to 180lb ( PR bit ugly back was not happy. Def more in tank as i was rushing to beat the closing of the gym).

2.5 times bw deadlift :)
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Next

Return to Training Logs